Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women -> Work at Home Mothers
Job to bring in more money
Previous  1  2

amother
Lawngreen

Post Tue, Mar 14 2023, 9:21 pm
amother OP wrote:
Thank you everyone for the ideas! I would love to sell on eBay but wouldn't know what to sell. How can I get jobs proofreading? I would definitely try selling kugels if I can sell for 45$ each. I work in a daycare from 9-3, I would like to bring in an extra 1500-2000$ extra a month if possible

Many people selling on ebay go to thrift stores and buy cheap stuff there usually on discount then resell. You have to know what to look for, what products will sell for a profit, so it will take time to get established as you learn the business. There are also estate sales, garage sales, buy nothing groups, etc. You can buy mystery boxes from certain companies but it could be risky since you dont know whats in it so you wont know if you can resell items from the mystery box for a profit. If you are good at refurbishing old furniture and turning it into something useful then that can be profit making as well. There are instagram accounts of ebay (re)sellers that explain how they do these things if you need more information on it.

amother
Black

Post Tue, Mar 14 2023, 9:23 pm
even regular overnight babysitting. in bp ppl charge 150-200 for 24 hours but be prepaired to possible be up with a screaming baby all night. (Baby might also be an angel)

amother
Jade

Post Tue, Mar 14 2023, 9:47 pm
Overnight babysitting. You can charge $100 at least per child from afternoon/early evening until the following morning. It is a great service for people who have late simchas out of town, don't want to find a babysitter and need to know that their child is in good hands. You do it when it works for you and depending on the size of your house and how many kids you have, you can take about 2-3 kids per night. If you want to earn $1500 per month, you'd have to do it about 5-8 nights a month (1-2 nights per week)

amother
NeonPink

Post Thu, Mar 16 2023, 12:56 pm
amother Silver wrote:
For real? You’d rather stand there peeling pounds of potatoes? Washing a wig sounds better to me… ( I hate peeling potatoes- don’t know why)

Making a 9x13 kugel takes me under 10 minutes. I do it every week Very Happy .
Washing and setting a wig takes about an hour plus time client spends in the chair....
So yeah... but don't worry not giving up my job so quick!

amother
Amaranthus

Post Thu, Mar 16 2023, 1:21 pm
Some more creative ideas-

Uber Eats deliveries

Sell on Etsy

Transcribe audio

Tutoring/Homework Helping

Buying discounted items and selling it for a drop more

amother
Diamond

Post Fri, Mar 17 2023, 1:32 pm
You could do babysitting at night

amother
IndianRed

Post Fri, Mar 17 2023, 1:38 pm
Another suggestion for over night babysitting which there’s decent demand for !!!

amother
Gray

Post Fri, Mar 17 2023, 6:05 pm
amother Chartreuse wrote:
How much do people pay for that? I would assume not much. I imagine it is sometimes covered by social services, but then it is thought an agency and I can’t imagine that pays well.

It is a huge mitzvah and I would not want to deter anyone from helping out, but I would think it pays more in the bank upstairs than in cash.

In HS, my DD babysat SN through chessed organizations, but taht was not for pay.

We families don’t get nearly enough units from OPWDD if there was a way … go for it

amother
Ruby

Post Sun, Mar 26 2023, 12:33 am
amother Amaranthus wrote:
Some more creative ideas-

Uber Eats deliveries

Sell on Etsy

Transcribe audio

Tutoring/Homework Helping

Buying discounted items and selling it for a drop more

How would one go about doing this?

Queen Of Hearts

Post Sun, Mar 26 2023, 12:40 am
If you have a knack for organizing and setting up apartments/homes. There is a big demand for setting up newlywed apartments. And for organizers.
If you are good at sewing. You can do alterations.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Working Women -> Work at Home Mothers