Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions
Has there been a shortage of meat?

yo'ma

Post Wed, Jun 25 2008, 1:52 pm
I ask b/c my fil exports meat to Israel and they haven't been able to b/c of this cockeyed country (now they can). I asked my dh what places Israel gets its meat from and he said that there's a shortage of it there anyway. Not like I don't believe him Confused LOL , but I was wondering from pple who live there, do you notice of any shortage?

hila

Post Wed, Jun 25 2008, 1:55 pm
We rarely eat meat, but I have not felt or heard of a shortage.
We eat more chicken and turkey products, and tend to leave meat for Chagim.

But right now thre is a "go slow" of port workers. So maybe he was referring to that.

Tamiri

Post Wed, Jun 25 2008, 1:56 pm
I did not see any shortages. Prices were supposed to go up up up but I have not seen that either.

ChossidMom

Post Wed, Jun 25 2008, 1:59 pm
I haven't noticed one. And I do see Argentinian meat at the super.

yo'ma

Post Wed, Jun 25 2008, 2:18 pm
Ok, thanks!
Tamiri, prices here went up Crying .
Chossidmom, the last time anyone here was able to do anything w/ meat was before purim. Now, they're all working b"h. There was some sort of strike w/ the farmers and they didn't let any trucks go through.

ChossidMom

Post Wed, Jun 25 2008, 2:24 pm
Could be the shortage is coming up.

Hey, we can use you as our insider!!! Maybe now is the time to stock up on those ribs!

Marion

Post Wed, Jun 25 2008, 2:37 pm
The price is definitely higher here too.

yo'ma

Post Wed, Jun 25 2008, 3:23 pm
Marion wrote:

where's here?
I just came back from the fruit and veg store and apples were, cheapest $5 (divide by 3 for dollars) and so were the tomatoes. shock I was going to get 2 kilo's to make tomato soup, but instead I only bought 1. Rolling Eyes

ChossidMom

Post Wed, Jun 25 2008, 3:54 pm
Apples cost you 5/3 = 1.66 U.S. dollars per kilo? That sounds pretty cheap. today I paid 8.5 shekels per kilo and that should be divided by 3 (about) which is about $2.8. Did I do the math right? And those were the cheaper apples. And this was the number one cheapest store in my city (Barkol).

yo'ma

Post Wed, Jun 25 2008, 4:02 pm
ChossidMom wrote:
Apples cost you 5/3 = 1.66 U.S. dollars per kilo? That sounds pretty cheap. today I paid 8.5 shekels per kilo and that should be divided by 3 (about) which is about $2.8. Did I do the math right? And those were the cheaper apples. And this was the number one cheapest store in my city (Barkol).

Well, when it's usually half that, it's pretty expensive.

israel22

Post Wed, Jun 25 2008, 4:59 pm
oh yes big time issue with meat we dont' buy often and shavous I went to buy a roast 1 kilo used to be 50-60nis now costs 115nis!! I WOUDLD SAY IT WENT UP!

ChossidMom

Post Thu, Jun 26 2008, 12:58 am
I never pay more than 40 shekel for a kilo. I guess it depends what kind of meat you buy.
I buy roladas, goulash meat and ribs. Even Hacker (good quality) ribs don't cost more than 45 shekels a kilo. So, I don't know where you're shopping and what you're buying...

israel22

Post Thu, Jun 26 2008, 2:59 am
if rem correctly the meat was a number 5 or 6 didnt' get it from hacker it was the standard eidah meat and everywhere we looked it was over a 100nis a kilo....

Marion

Post Thu, Jun 26 2008, 4:17 am
yo'ma wrote:
Marion wrote:

where's here?

Here is Ma'ale Adumim. The meat & chicken are out of control. Not to mention the fruit & veg which are all either kdushat shvi'it or imported.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions