Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Pesach
Kitchen tools for easier Pesach prep - please share!
Previous  1  2  3

amother
IndianRed

Post Wed, Mar 15 2023, 5:29 am
Can we have a tried and tested recommendation for the chopper. I really want to buy one but some look fairly cheap quality. would rather sturdy and long lasting. thanks

kenz

Post Tue, Apr 04 2023, 4:41 am
amother NeonPurple wrote:
Love my electric peeler . My then five year old peeled all my potatoes

I want to thank everyone who recommended this. It is inexpensive and simply awesome! I had the manual one years ago, this one blows that one out of the water!

imasinger

Post Tue, Apr 04 2023, 4:49 am
Could someone pleeease invent an electric bug checker? It would time how long stuff is in the first bowl, transfer it to the rinse bowl, then run the rinse water through the cloth. All I'd have to do is look at the cloth after each batch and turn on the faucet to refill. And there would be a spin cycle to dry the produce that was okay.

Kthxbai

PinkFridge

Post Tue, Apr 04 2023, 5:01 am
seeker wrote:
Can we please have a link to the "right" chopper tool? I've been thinking of getting one too. I'm a little worried about wasting space on gadgets because I'm always short on space but the fantasy of having things get chopped automatically is very compelling.

And one that's easy to clean.

Bnei Berak 10

Post Tue, Apr 04 2023, 5:04 am
Potatoe ricer. *Much better* than the traditional masher. Guaranteed lump free mashed potatoes.
Good peelers
Quality knives and cutting board
Quality pots and pans

PinkFridge

Post Tue, Apr 04 2023, 5:06 am
amother OP wrote:
Thanks everyone! These are cool! That chopper and the apple tool look perfect and well priced! Can you use the chopper for potatoes?

I have a chometz instapot that I never use... and not really enough space to store a stand mixer. I don't bake that many recipes that need an egg white snow so I think my hand mixer should still do the trick. Thank you though!

I got a cheap stand mixer that's essentially a stand with a hand mixer. Doesn't work so well. The good news is I can use the mixer as a hand mixer. The bad news is, it's heavy. The good news is, it's so powerful that whip and egg whites whip up much more quickly than in my year round KitchenAid.

Bnei Berak 10

Post Tue, Apr 04 2023, 5:06 am
The ultimate 'tool' IMHO is a pesach kitchen.
Reduces the amount of work considerably.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Apr 04 2023, 5:08 am
I’m loving the Mueller chopper! Total game changer! It does feel a little cheap and I’m not expecting it to hold up long term but it made my cooking waaaay easier this year.

PinkFridge

Post Tue, Apr 04 2023, 5:11 am
amother OP wrote:
I've been making Pesach for years and have the basics for my kitchen, as well as some appliances (food processor, hand mixer, stick blender etc.). This year will be hectic for me and I'm looking for ideas to cut down the time and effort in the kitchen. What's made Pesach food prep easier for you?

I'm thinking about getting a food chopper (like the "alligator" type) but hearing mixed reviews. I think if I could find a good one it would help me with things like apple kugel, compote, vegetable soup etc. Any recommendations?

TIA!

This might not help you because of space, but maybe it'll help someone else. I love my turkey roaster. (Which monopolizes my fleishig counter for a few days.) It's like a second oven. I made roast there, baked pepper steak, and more, and kugels bake decently too. You can do a lot with it.

PinkFridge

Post Tue, Apr 04 2023, 5:11 am
Bnei Berak 10 wrote:

And what appliances and gadgets should that Pesach kitchen have?

essie14

Post Tue, Apr 04 2023, 5:49 am
Bnei Berak 10 wrote:

A girl can dream..... LOL

ra_mom

Post Tue, Apr 04 2023, 5:53 am
amother Begonia wrote:
Doesn’t work for potatoes cuz it’s coring and slicing…
The apple ends up in a long spiral like a slinky with a hole in the center

We bought this one. You can move the setting piece and then it only peels (no coring or slicing) and leaves the potato whole. Watch the video when you scroll through the pictures on the Amazon page.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B09B.....ss_tl

amother
Oak

Post Tue, Apr 04 2023, 6:04 am
Really good knives and peeler plus a easy to grab cutting board for all the prep... a hand mixer, vegetable chopper

Happy247

Post Tue, Apr 04 2023, 10:06 pm
amother Oak wrote:
Really good knives and peeler plus a easy to grab cutting board for all the prep... a hand mixer, vegetable chopper

Reminder to be careful with the knives, it's probably sharper than your year round ones.

amother
Burlywood

Post Tue, Apr 04 2023, 11:13 pm
Empowered Mommy wrote:
I'm surprised no on3 mentioned the betty crocker! Is it just a staple that is self understood and needs no mention?

Fry and bake everything it it, instead of an oven or frying pan.
Make pesach noodles in it. Any main and side dish. Best investment!

Why is it better than a regular frying pan?
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics