Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries
Neighborhood for older divorced lady

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jan 02 2023, 12:04 am
Are there any neighborhoods like this in Lakewood? Where? TIA.

amother
Diamond

Post Mon, Jan 02 2023, 12:06 am
How old is she? There are a lot of divorced and widowed singles in A Country Place. It's a senior development. I think you have to be 55 to live there. The people I know who live there are very happy. They have a shiur for the women every shabbos afternoon. And some of the single women I know who live there invite each other for shabbos meals.

amother
Orchid

Post Mon, Jan 02 2023, 12:17 am
There are a few such people I know of in westgate

naturalmom5

Post Mon, Jan 02 2023, 12:52 am
The neighborhood right after FP
Goldcrest dr

amother
Dandelion

Post Mon, Jan 02 2023, 1:41 am
naturalmom5 wrote:
The neighborhood right after FP
Goldcrest dr

That.is called pine river Village (prv). It's an adult community/55+

amother
Narcissus

Post Mon, Jan 02 2023, 2:11 am
amother OP wrote:
Are there any neighborhoods like this in Lakewood? Where? TIA.

The Fairways has lots. Lots of activities and shiurim, get togethers. Very warm people.

amother
Leaf

Post Mon, Jan 02 2023, 8:46 am
Horizons is a 55+. lots of women there. Some married, widowed, or divorced

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jan 02 2023, 3:19 pm
Thank you so much for responding! Its encouraging to hear that there are so many warm communities. What about for someone a little younger? Are there any communities?

amother
Firethorn

Post Mon, Jan 02 2023, 5:05 pm
The rest of lakewood is bursting with families k'ah. If she's too young for senior community I would tell her to go to Westgate - most divorced ppl end up living there.

amother
Navyblue

Post Tue, Mar 14 2023, 11:29 pm
Does anyone know if the 55 plus communities have young single girls that are living with their 55 plus parents? Asking for a friend whose parents are moving there. If yes, anyone know fairways vs. enclave vs. horizons.
Thanks in advance

amother
Natural

Post Tue, Mar 14 2023, 11:38 pm
Mom lives in fairways. All types of ppl there. She’s single. Lots of houses avail for sale there. Enclave has very few houses avail so they are pricier. There are single children living there with parents but they must be over 18! I don’t know horizons.

amother
Narcissus

Post Tue, Mar 14 2023, 11:41 pm
amother Navyblue wrote:
Does anyone know if the 55 plus communities have young single girls that are living with their 55 plus parents? Asking for a friend whose parents are moving there. If yes, anyone know fairways vs. enclave vs. horizons.
Thanks in advance

Yes they do. There’s a number of them in fairways and the single daughters have all become friends with each other.

amother
Firethorn

Post Wed, Mar 15 2023, 9:26 am
I know for a fact there are a number of single girls living in Enclave as well with their parents.

It's becoming more and more common as lots of ppl have their youngest still at home but are looking to move to a likeminded community.

RM3

Post Mon, May 22 2023, 5:23 pm
There are nice, friendly and welcoming people everywhere. (and the opposite everywhere as well)
I wouldn’t focus on the divorced part as much as just what type of neighborhood would she want to live in if she was married. If there are woman sitting outside watching their kids she can pull up a chair and join conversation. Does she want a neighborhood where there are shiurim for woman? Does she want a quieter more private area or somewhere with more social opportunities etc.?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries