Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Teenagers and Older children
What really helped (if anything) w/ major anxiety For my DD

amother
OP

Post Wed, Mar 15 2023, 2:50 pm
So far we have tried medicine Lexapro
And LOTS of Counseling

amother
Lightgray

Post Wed, Mar 15 2023, 2:57 pm
I’m dealing with 2 year old with major anxiety.
Strong attachment style parenting has helped us. It’s two steps forward one step back.

Good luck

amother
Lily

Post Wed, Mar 15 2023, 3:11 pm
Bodywork. Biomedical treatment. Cbd.

amother
Diamond

Post Wed, Mar 15 2023, 3:22 pm
Self help books. Like "what to do if you worry too much" (Amazon). My teen has a certain amount of anxiety, and she has learned to manage it (therapy, books, lots of talking....) it flairs up every so often, but she "knows" she can get thru the anxiety and work it all out in the end.

oneofakind

Post Wed, Mar 15 2023, 3:48 pm
Attending counseling sessions yourself with her therapist to learn how to support her. For example, does she want you to remind her to use her tools? How emotionally safe is her environment? How do you and her father deal with emotions? Etc.

TwinsMommy

Post Thu, Mar 16 2023, 10:18 pm
when she completely falls apart and just CAN'T, we let her. As long as it's no more than once a month. So she plays hookey from school, spends hours and hours in bed, but gets over it and is ok the next day. She's on a LOT of meds--- adderal for the adhd, buspar and geodon for mood, plus metformin for pre-diabetes. I tell her all the time what's going WELL for her so she can hopefully stop fixating on the not so great stuff. She REFUSES to PARTICIPATE in therapy officially so we have therapy for her brother downstairs on Tuesday afternoons and sometimes she wanders down to talk--- she doesn't REALIZE it's therapy for her too, but it kind of is. The therapist is willing to work with whomever of the four of us is home (usually our son, but occasionally we kick him upstairs and do adult stuff with her too)

amother
SandyBrown

Post Thu, Mar 16 2023, 10:26 pm
She should do a skills based therapy like DBT. It's extremely useful for emotional regulation skills .

amother
Daylily

Post Fri, Mar 17 2023, 12:25 am
fluoxetine (Prozac) BH
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Teenagers and Older children