Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
How to split a job role?

amother
OP

Post Wed, Mar 15 2023, 2:26 pm
Trying to keep things vague without giving too much detail away. Has anyone been in a position where they had to look at splitting a job role and how did they make it work?
I'm in a managerial position at the company I work for. There's another colleague from a different department who is no longer able to work in that department. They do have a lot of experience that would be useful in managing my department, however I just feel it would be messy to try and split the job up.
But, 1 they would be helpful and their expertise would be valuable for my department, and 2, I really want to help them and make things work for them.

So if anyone has any insights, I would be grateful

amother
Caramel

Post Wed, Mar 15 2023, 2:44 pm
Sure, it worked really well. Just be specific about the tasks you’ll be completing vs the other person.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Mar 15 2023, 2:55 pm
amother Caramel wrote:
Sure, it worked really well. Just be specific about the tasks you’ll be completing vs the other person.

How does it work though if your role will overlap from a management point of view?-like the employees could come to me or them because it's pretty hard to divide up the tasks into neat boxes.

amother
Caramel

Post Wed, Mar 15 2023, 2:57 pm
We just let the employees know that they can come to either of us. If one of us got too many requests, we would just tell the employee that we’re busy now and to reach out to the other.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics