Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene
Where do you live and do you like it?
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9

Debbie

Post Wed, Mar 15 2023, 8:24 am
I lived in Stamford Hill for over 30 years and whilst I loved the community and made some lovely friends I found some of the rules a bit much.
Moved to Tzfat 2.5 years ago and it's taken some adjustment but I love it here now; the steps and hills can be a bit challenging though but it keeps the weight down!

Trademark

Post Wed, Mar 15 2023, 10:17 am
amother OP wrote:
Probably south bend. I highly doubt anyone from the chassidish community is on the internet, let alone imamother.

Is this meant to be a joke?

amother
OP

Post Wed, Mar 15 2023, 10:34 am
Trademark wrote:
Is this meant to be a joke?

What? Which part?

Trademark

Post Wed, Mar 15 2023, 10:37 am
amother OP wrote:
What? Which part?

Many chassidish women are on the internet and on Imamother, I'm just one example.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Mar 15 2023, 11:05 am
Trademark wrote:
Many chassidish women are on the internet and on Imamother, I'm just one example.

I know, I’m another. I was specifically referring to the chassidish community in Indiana. I know many of them personally.

Trademark

Post Wed, Mar 15 2023, 11:10 am
amother OP wrote:
I know, I’m another. I was specifically referring to the chassidish community in Indiana. I know many of them personally.

Ok thanks for clarifying, I was wondering...

(I saw that you wrote you are from BP, so I was trying to figure it out...)

amother
Darkblue

Post Wed, Mar 15 2023, 12:03 pm
I live in Airmont. We moved here from Monsey, and before that I lived in Boro Park. I hate BP. I used to like Monsey, in the olden days when we'd come visit family, but nowadays I love Airmont and when I need to drive into the chulent pot of Monsey I thank Hashem each time that we don't live there anymore.

If it would be up to me, I'd move to a location with a warmer climate. I became obsessed with Dallas after a visit there, but DH won't hear of it.

amother
NeonOrange

Post Wed, Mar 15 2023, 12:10 pm
Minneapolis.

It’s….eh.

amother
Mocha

Post Wed, Mar 15 2023, 1:01 pm
amf wrote:
Would love to hear more! Can you tell me about it or pm me?

What would u like to know? Its a nice affordable family oriented community. All solidly frum folks from jpf to rw yeshivish. Kids play together outside and bounce around from house to house with friends like in a bungalow colony but many of the homes in the frum areas are huge so it never feels cramped.

No traffic, everything is accessible, the city provides school transportation for pre1a+, lots of community events if that's your thing. Lots of chessed, lots of learning. Very chilled, great place to be.

amother
Clematis

Post Wed, Mar 15 2023, 1:10 pm
Marine Park area

amother
Seafoam

Post Wed, Mar 15 2023, 3:21 pm
amother Papayawhip wrote:
I live in Bnei Barak.

I hate this city. It’s dirty and there’s so little living space and the people here are always in survival mode.

But I made so many friends and I’m used to it by now and I love living in Israel so I’m really happy.

DO NOT come live here lol.

My in-laws live in Bnei Brak and I actually love going there! There is nonstop action! So much balagan! Stores selling cholent 3am Thursday! Walk on the street In middle of the night, it looks like it’s daytime! Also everything available to buy. Maybe it’s too much if you live there but when visiting it’s loads of fun! Coming for Pesach iyH, can’t wait!

amother
Linen

Post Wed, Mar 15 2023, 3:42 pm
amother Sienna wrote:
Actually old monsey was really warm. Then I got city neighbors they were so cold. I lived in my last house 5 years never stepped into anyone’s house they were all city people with my previous neighbors I still have an amazing relationship

I grew up in Monsey in the late 70's 80's and I don't think of it as an especially warm place.
Page 9 of 9   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9 Recent Topics