Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling -> Seminary Info
Rinas BY seminary
Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next

amother
Bellflower

Post Wed, Mar 15 2023, 3:39 pm

amother
Orange

Post Wed, Mar 15 2023, 3:40 pm
amother Bellflower wrote:
by the way, I heard the principal claims that its very academic and quote, "more academic then BJJ"
Cant say for sure this is true, from what I heard, its not...

No way. Girls who don't get into top seminaries go there. It is not chemdas, BJJ, mishmash, etc

amother
Ultramarine

Post Wed, Mar 15 2023, 3:46 pm
amother Butterscotch wrote:
If this information is true, why don’t the principals stop girls from going? It is still recommended to non-academic by girls.

Beyond scary. Guess, no one wants to be a bad guy and be the first one. Some might think it's not true

amother
Butterscotch

Post Wed, Mar 15 2023, 3:52 pm
I’m just a little shaken about what I heard on this thread. My seminary at first didn’t accept me (I’m dyslexic and could barely read Hebrew), so my principal tried to push me to go to this seminary. They offered me a huge chinuch discount to come, but it didn’t feel right.
I was also very nervous about how desperate they seemed and I am not the same type as girls who have attended the seminary previously. I ended up getting pushed into a very academic seminary and loved it.
My sister also didn’t get into any seminarys this past year and her principal tried to convince her to go. She bH got into a really good seminary.
Why are principles still pushing girls to go?

amother
Butterscotch

Post Wed, Mar 15 2023, 3:56 pm
I’m just a little shaken about what I heard on this thread. My seminary at first didn’t accept me (I’m dyslexic and could barely read Hebrew), so my principal tried to push me to go to this seminary. They offered me a huge discount to come, but it didn’t feel right.
I was also very nervous about how desperate they seemed and I am not the same type as girls who have attended the seminary previously. I ended up getting pushed into a very academic seminary and loved it.
My sister also didn’t get into any seminarys this past year and her principal tried to convince her to go. She bH got into a really good seminary.

And for the record I don’t want to out myself, but I am from Chicago and our principal is very picky where she recommends us to go. She was one of the first principles who publicly forbid girls to go to the seminaries that were part of the scandal and she is still very hesitant for girls to go, even though they claimed that the staff was switched over.
I find it so weird that she doesn’t know anything about what’s going on, assuming that this is all true. She is really on top of this stuff.
Has there been any Rabbanim who has been contacted (Rav Fuerst or Rav Forsheimer is amazing to speak to)?
I’m just nervous about girls who have parents like me who blindly trust the principal without doing own research

amother
Ultramarine

Post Wed, Mar 15 2023, 4:41 pm
I’m just a little shaken about what I heard on this thread. My seminary at first didn’t accept me (I’m dyslexic and could barely read Hebrew), so my principal tried to push me to go to this seminary. They offered me a huge chinuch discount to come, but it didn’t feel right.

Can I ask how you managed in a very academic seminary with dyslexia and not really knowing Hebrew? I know someone with dyslexia who's thinking of going to Israel in a few years.

amother
Cherry

Post Wed, Mar 15 2023, 5:25 pm
Anyone on here was in Rinas the first year it opened ? (2016)

amother
Bellflower

Post Wed, Mar 15 2023, 5:28 pm
amother Cherry wrote:

I didnt go then but just curious, was your experience the same as the other posters in this thread being that you were only the first year?

amother
Cherry

Post Wed, Mar 15 2023, 5:36 pm
I didnt go then but just curious, was your experience the same as the other posters in this thread being that you were only the first year?

I didn’t really have a relationship with Mrs Friedman, as I stay far away from authority. But knowing her I can see the situations described here happening. This thread wasn’t a shock to me, more like- oh, makes sense.

amother
Butterscotch

Post Wed, Mar 15 2023, 7:19 pm
amother Ultramarine wrote:
Can I ask how you managed in a very academic seminary with dyslexia and not really knowing Hebrew? I know someone with dyslexia who's thinking of going to Israel in a few years.

I didn’t manage.
I got pushed in (the seminary principle was originally very impressed with me by the interview, she just didn’t want to take me because of Academics). But, my high school principal really pushed me in and the seminary did not accommodate me at all, so I just failed.
But gained a lot.

amother
Apple

Post Wed, Mar 15 2023, 7:27 pm
This thread is weird to me though. My friends daughter went to Rinas last year and had a fantastic year. She wasn’t happy with the earlier curfew and tighter rules but still gained and loved it. My Niece is there this year we went to visit her mid year and she seems to have really come out of her shell and blossomed.
I think this thread should be checked for accuracy and not someone just getting revenge.
I have no personal input in this but I’m just confused.

amother
Honeysuckle

Post Wed, Mar 15 2023, 8:01 pm
amother Cherry wrote:

I did and posted my experience above

amother
Pink

Post Wed, Mar 15 2023, 8:52 pm
If this information is true, why don’t the principals stop girls from going? It is still recommended to non-academic by girls.

How do we stop them?

amother
Butterscotch

Post Thu, Mar 16 2023, 6:48 pm
amother Pink wrote:
How do we stop them?

By speaking to your local rabbanim. I have a hard time believing all of this because my principal, is very on top of things. As I mentioned before, when the allegations came out against specific seminary, she refused to let girls go. Until today, she still is not happy when her students go to those seminaries because she blames those seminaries staff members for not being on top of what happened there. She is a mama bear to her students. Yet, she still encourages girls to go as a second or third option. Why havent there been awareness?

amother
Bellflower

Post Thu, Mar 16 2023, 7:06 pm

amother
Butterscotch

Post Thu, Mar 16 2023, 7:31 pm
you said you live in Chicago?
Maybe try to hear if your principal "updated" her stance on this seminary.
And if you noticed, there was no Rinas open house this year in Chicago. Certainly not a coincidence...

I lived there when I was in high school before I got married. Really? This past year she tried to convince my sister to go there.
Well I am really happy if she was informed about this.

amother
Razzmatazz

Post Tue, Mar 28 2023, 7:35 pm
Just FYI, I spoke to the principal of BY Chicago and she hasn't changed her mind on Rinas. In fact, two girls applied there this year, but they didn't get in. If they, she would have sent them there.

amother
Bellflower

Post Thu, Mar 30 2023, 5:42 pm

amother
Dimgray

Post Thu, Mar 30 2023, 6:53 pm
amother Razzmatazz wrote:
Just FYI, I spoke to the principal of BY Chicago and she hasn't changed her mind on Rinas. In fact, two girls applied there this year, but they didn't get in. If they, she would have sent them there.

I also spoke with Mrs Maanis and it is obvious that her stance on Rinas has very much changed.

amother
Razzmatazz

Post Fri, Mar 31 2023, 4:24 am
Yes, I spoke with Mrs. Maanis. And I'm not sure what she told you, but that's not what she told me. And she was disturbed that there was a rumor going around that her stance changed.
Page 4 of 5 Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling -> Seminary Info