Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
How do you make your vacation meaningful?

amother
OP

Post Wed, Mar 15 2023, 12:52 am
Yes, Meaningful.

momtra

Post Wed, Mar 15 2023, 12:54 am
Meaningful like family bonding time, meaningful spiritually , meaningful, doing chesed? What do you mean more specifically?

amother
Pink

Post Wed, Mar 15 2023, 1:36 am
Davening in a calm relaxed space, especially when the scenery is beautiful.

amother
Bone

Post Wed, Mar 15 2023, 1:45 am
Avoid pritzus no matter how tempting

amother
Wandflower

Post Wed, Mar 15 2023, 2:35 am
I truly do feel that family vacations are meaningful. Just spending time with the family not being in a pressure cooker with all the stress of home is what makes it meaningful. My kids are getting bigger and everybody has their own busy life but on a vacation we are really together the whole time period I'm not sure if this is what you were looking for or no

amother
Apricot

Post Wed, Mar 15 2023, 9:14 am
I don’t sit at the boring beach. I explore new and beautiful places. Makes me feel alive.

Zahava94

Post Wed, Mar 15 2023, 2:49 pm
Hiking through mountains and wilderness alone, relying on my own strength, will and determination. I find this extremely meaningful because it forces me to trust myself, push my limits, builds up self confidence, and also provides me with the space and time to really get to know myself.

amother
Slategray

Post Wed, Mar 15 2023, 3:12 pm
Depends on what type of vacation- with husband, family, or friends

Key is to connect to yourself, to others around you in your presence, and Hashem.

Relationships bring the greatest satisfaction and fulfillment so using the time to rejuvenate, understand, and appreciate.

Ideas to connect with yourself- do what you enjoy, sit with yourself for a few minutes/hours, read a book, take a walk alone, journal, meditate

Ideas to connect with others- play a game, speak with each other without any other distractions, do activities together

Ideas to connect with Hashem- take some time to think about life, ruchniyus, journal, daven, recognize and take interest in Hashem's world, learn something, listen to a shiur

chocolate moose

Post Wed, Mar 15 2023, 7:47 pm
I go to the JLI Retreat!!!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics