Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Baby/toddler with another UTI
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Tue, Mar 14 2023, 9:21 am
As a baby my daughter had two UTI’s we were sent to a urologist and he did a vcug test and ranel sonogram and bh everything was ok. Less than 9 months later she just got another UTI. It doesn’t make sense. I kept saying something isn’t write and the first urine culture was clear I redid it a week later and that came back positive. What do I do from here? Go back to the urologist? Could there be something I’m missing

healthymom1

Post Tue, Mar 14 2023, 11:10 am
You need to advocate and yes go back to urologist.
Poor girl!! They are so uncomfortable.

Cranberry juice is helpful so just give her that for the mean time. Probiotics are important for uti!!! There is a tasteless liquid one and it helps so much.
I had one coming on took probiotics and it never came. It says 4+ but I have to my baby just a smaller amount. Please order it today!!

MaryRuth's Kids Probiotic | USDA Organic | Sugar Free | Liquid Probiotics for Digestive Health | Oral Probiotics for Kids Ages 4+ | Gut Health & Immune Support Supplement | Vegan | Non-GMO | 1 Fl Oz https://a.co/d/gmNuaza

amother
OP

Post Tue, Mar 14 2023, 12:26 pm
Originally the urologist said if she gets it again we can put her on a preventive antibiotics, but why would I want to do that. I just wonder if I’m missing something like an underlying issue

shabbatiscoming

Post Tue, Mar 14 2023, 12:39 pm
amother OP wrote:
Originally the urologist said if she gets it again we can put her on a preventive antibiotics, but why would I want to do that. I just wonder if I’m missing something like an underlying issue

Why wouldnt you want to give her antibiotics? Thats what many do for a uti.

healthymom1

Post Tue, Mar 14 2023, 1:09 pm
Please give her probiotics!!

amother
Goldenrod

Post Tue, Mar 14 2023, 1:25 pm
My daughter was on preventative antibiotics for a while as a baby. She had a small opening to one of her kidneys which was the cause. Does your daughter get constipated often? That can cause it too.

amother
Ecru

Post Tue, Mar 14 2023, 1:33 pm
I had a similar situation with my daughter as a baby who hasn't had a UTI since and is in grade school. I think she got it from the urine culture procedure where they washed with harsh soap and inserted catheter to check. The original results were negative but then got UTI next week. Did they use soap or catheter in your case?

amother
Molasses

Post Tue, Mar 14 2023, 2:11 pm
My daughter gets UTIs from pinworms but small babies generally don’t have those…

amother
OP

Post Tue, Mar 14 2023, 2:44 pm
I did give antibiotics, my concern is why she keeps getting it. We did the urine test by putting a urine bag on her and that they tested .
She’s not usually constipated
We tested for pinworms that was negative

amother
Oxfordblue

Post Tue, Mar 14 2023, 2:47 pm
I would put her on daily cranberry juice extract and a good probiotic. Limit sugar as much as possible.

I'm sorry you're going through this. I would find it very unnerving if my young child was having repeat uti's.

amother
Powderblue

Post Tue, Mar 14 2023, 2:56 pm
amother OP wrote:
I did give antibiotics, my concern is why she keeps getting it. We did the urine test by putting a urine bag on her and that they tested .
She’s not usually constipated
We tested for pinworms that was negative

Maybe get another opinion from a second urologist?

amother
OP

Post Tue, Mar 14 2023, 8:48 pm
I went to dr stock , should I go back to him or go somewhere else

amother
Raspberry

Post Tue, Mar 14 2023, 8:53 pm
amother OP wrote:
As a baby my daughter had two UTI’s we were sent to a urologist and he did a vcug test and ranel sonogram and bh everything was ok. Less than 9 months later she just got another UTI. It doesn’t make sense. I kept saying something isn’t write and the first urine culture was clear I redid it a week later and that came back positive. What do I do from here? Go back to the urologist? Could there be something I’m missing

Are you wiping her from back to front? That could cause a UTI

amother
OP

Post Tue, Mar 14 2023, 9:16 pm
Is there anything else for the urologist to do or test for or the main bug tests were done which shows everything is fine bh?

amother
OP

Post Wed, Mar 15 2023, 9:58 pm
Update I did call the urologist he wants to see me and will likely send for an Xray to make sure my baby isn’t constipated , bec that can cause UTI’s sometimes in girls

amother
OP

Post Sun, Mar 19 2023, 3:48 pm
I just feel like I’m missing something anyone else have other ideas to look into why a baby would get three utis and also do touching self movements

amother
Bellflower

Post Sun, Mar 19 2023, 3:51 pm
I second cranberry juice extract. My daughter (a teen) is prone to UTI and this helped prevent it altogether. She's old enough for pills. It prevents the bacteria from sticking in the urinary tract so it just washes out.

amother
Bellflower

Post Sun, Mar 19 2023, 3:52 pm
Once there is a UTI it doesn't take away the infection. But it can prevent the bacteria buildup altogether. It's preventative.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Mar 19 2023, 11:09 pm
Thank u for taking time to respond

amother
Apple

Post Mon, Mar 20 2023, 12:14 am
amother OP wrote:
Update I did call the urologist he wants to see me and will likely send for an Xray to make sure my baby isn’t constipated , bec that can cause UTI’s sometimes in girls

In the x-ray make sure they look at rectal diameter. Dr Hodges book "the mop protocol" explains it and what the diameter is supposed to be. (I think a certain ratio between the inside and the actual opening)
IIRC Dr's usually check how full it is because their way of measuring constipation is how often the person goes. Doesn’t always tell you much.

Dr Hodges explains constipation is when the rectum becomes a holding vessel vs a pathway = a stretched out rectum. Rectum may be stretched out and full while rest of colon appears clear.
Person may be going regularly because the center is clear it's the sides that are pushed out and hard.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics