Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels
How to put hair inside pony sheitel with no bump

amother
OP

Post Tue, Mar 14 2023, 5:45 am
When I put on my pony wig there’s a huge bump from my hair. How can I hide my thick but not long hair under the pony wig so no bump shoes?
It’s a wunderwig

amother
Honeydew

Post Tue, Mar 14 2023, 7:34 am
Get a wig net (sold for about a dollar in beauty supply stores). Make a verrry low pony, all the way at the very bottom of your neck. Split pony in 2, so it drapes over each shoulder. Put wig net on, and with your thumbs, shmush the ponies in alongside your head, from the pony base alongside your ears to the top of your head, on either side. Flatten under the net as needed. It will be quite flat, and you can wear any wig on this with no bump.

My hair is thick and down to my waist and I wear this with all my wigs including a pony wig

amother
Khaki

Post Tue, Mar 14 2023, 7:40 am
Use a flat long closed clip to put your hair up

ra_mom

Post Tue, Mar 14 2023, 7:50 am
Make a tight low pony at the nape of your neck. Pull the ponytail up and pin it down flat to the top of your head. Then use another one to pin the end of the ponytail down too.

If your hair is too thick for that, make two low side ponys on each side of your head. Pull the ponytails up on each side and pin down flat to each side of your head.

mushkamothers

Post Tue, Mar 14 2023, 7:54 am
Thin your hair with thinning scissors, then do any of above

amother
Coffee

Post Tue, Mar 14 2023, 8:24 am
I make two low pigtail buns, and clip the tops of the buns up. I also like to wear the velvet headband for confort and to keep my wig on my head well.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Mar 14 2023, 9:53 am
Can you all post links to clips and nets so I have an idea of what it looks like?

amother
Mimosa

Post Tue, Mar 14 2023, 9:55 am
ra_mom wrote:
Make a tight low pony at the nape of your neck. Pull the ponytail up and pin it down flat to the top of your head. Then use another one to pin the end of the ponytail down too.

If your hair is too thick for that, make two low side ponys on each side of your head. Pull the ponytails up on each side and pin down flat to each side of your head.

The best trick

amother
OP

Post Tue, Mar 14 2023, 9:56 am
amother Mimosa wrote:
The best trick

I’ve been doing that but the bump shows at the top, where I clipped it. Maybe I need a different type of clip.

farm

Post Tue, Mar 14 2023, 8:54 pm
French braid. The sheitelmacher who sold me my Wunderwig gave me that tip and there’s no looking back!

motherqueen

Post Tue, Mar 14 2023, 9:32 pm
amother Honeydew wrote:
Get a wig net (sold for about a dollar in beauty supply stores). Make a verrry low pony, all the way at the very bottom of your neck. Split pony in 2, so it drapes over each shoulder. Put wig net on, and with your thumbs, shmush the ponies in alongside your head, from the pony base alongside your ears to the top of your head, on either side. Flatten under the net as needed. It will be quite flat, and you can wear any wig on this with no bump.

My hair is thick and down to my waist and I wear this with all my wigs including a pony wig

I do this under all my wigs but I secure my hair with bobby pins or other flat clips on top of my head so it stays in place and its extremally flat

amother
OP

Post Wed, Mar 15 2023, 4:16 am
farm wrote:
French braid. The sheitelmacher who sold me my Wunderwig gave me that tip and there’s no looking back!

What should on Shabbos?

amother
Tuberose

Post Wed, Mar 15 2023, 5:40 am
farm wrote:

What are the prices for wunderwig? Affordable?

amother
OP

Post Wed, Mar 15 2023, 5:48 am
amother Tuberose wrote:
What are the prices for wunderwig? Affordable?

I paid 2k last year. Expensive for a pony! But it’s super comfortable

amother
Tuberose

Post Wed, Mar 15 2023, 5:55 am
amother OP wrote:
I paid 2k last year. Expensive for a pony! But it’s super comfortable

Weren't they originally a more affordable brand?

amother
OP

Post Wed, Mar 15 2023, 6:09 am
amother Tuberose wrote:
Weren't they originally a more affordable brand?

These days 2 k is considered “affordable”. Mine is a full wig. I think the pony falls are slightly cheaper.

Anyone have a Shabbos solution for making a French braid?

amother
Amaryllis

Post Wed, Mar 15 2023, 6:13 am
amother OP wrote:
These days 2 k is considered “affordable”. Mine is a full wig. I think the pony falls are slightly cheaper.

Anyone have a Shabbos solution for making a French braid?

Do it tight on Friday and wear a band

amother
OP

Post Wed, Mar 15 2023, 6:19 am
amother Amaryllis wrote:
Do it tight on Friday and wear a band

There’s no way it’ll last. Oh well

farm

Post Wed, Mar 15 2023, 8:37 pm
amother OP wrote:
What should on Shabbos?

Yeah doesn’t work for shabbos. My shabbos sheitel is fuller though, so I do the regular pony at the nape of my neck pinned up flat against my head.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels