Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Pesach
Has anyone used peel&stick contact paper to cover counters?

amother
OP

Post Thu, Mar 16 2023, 6:14 am
I am looking for something that's easy to use, easy to cut to size and most importantly
(ok equally important) won't leave a sticky residue when I remove it
has anyone found something good?
amazon links are appreciated!

Iymnok

Post Thu, Mar 16 2023, 6:45 am
I used D-C-Fix last year and it was a dream.
It went in relatively smoothly, it came off very easily with no residue. Over pesach it felt nearly like a new countertop.

amother
Red

Post Thu, Mar 16 2023, 7:33 am
Didn't have a good experience in the past with contact paper. Left tons of sticky residue that I had to scrub....I wouldn't do it again.
We bought these hard plastic they sell in jewish store. The first year you have to measure and cut but we keep it from year to year.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Mar 16 2023, 7:43 am
I was thinking about the plastic - but don't crumbs and things get stuck between the pieces?

seeker

Post Thu, Mar 16 2023, 7:50 am
I used the original contact brand. Sometimes it leaves a little stickiness but it's not hard to get off with some spray. Worst case scenario you can use goo gone but I don't remember ever needing to.

I've also used off brands probably from amazing savings and never had an issue. They're only on for a week.

amother
Cherry

Post Thu, Mar 16 2023, 8:25 am
I’ve used contact paper many times, no problem with sticky residue. It looks really nice, but only do it if you have patience! It takes time to line it up and get it straight without air bubbles, etc. When I moved to a house with a bigger kitchen and more counter space I gave up on it and bought a roll of thicker plastic from Amazon that you tape down. Doesn’t look as nice but doesn’t take hours to put down.

amother
Red

Post Thu, Mar 16 2023, 8:35 am
amother OP wrote:
I was thinking about the plastic - but don't crumbs and things get stuck between the pieces?

I tape the pieces so nothing get underneath.

mfb

Post Thu, Mar 16 2023, 8:37 am
I know people that use cheap flannel back plastic tablecloths and they say it’s very easy to work with.
I use the corrugated plastic.

nicole81

Post Thu, Mar 16 2023, 8:38 am
amother OP wrote:

Not at all. I used the same set of corrugated plastic for 10 years (whole pesach at home except for 2 years). You need to put wide clear tape over the seams and nothing gets in. The only reason I needed new is because the configuration of my kitchen changed.

The only thing I dont like about it is that near the sink, sometimes water gets under the plastic and its mildewy by the time I take it off. So I just clean it well before putting away.

Tip: mark the underside of the pieces with the counter they belong on as you take them off for seamless reassembly the next year. Also, do not cut directly on the plastic.

birdie1

Post Thu, Mar 16 2023, 8:43 am
amother Cherry wrote:
I’ve used contact paper many times, no problem with sticky residue. It looks really nice, but only do it if you have patience! It takes time to line it up and get it straight without air bubbles, etc. When I moved to a house with a bigger kitchen and more counter space I gave up on it and bought a roll of thicker plastic from Amazon that you tape down. Doesn’t look as nice but doesn’t take hours to put down.

Do you have a link? Been looking for it.

amother
Seagreen

Post Thu, Mar 16 2023, 8:52 am
Glossy Marble Paper for Countertop Marble Peel and Stick Wallpaper Granite Wallpaper White Marble Sticker Waterproof Marble Self Adhesive Wallpaper 15.7”×118” Easy to Install & Clean, Removable

I used last year bought from amazon

mfb

Post Thu, Mar 16 2023, 8:57 am
Also keep in mind that there is a minhag for some to double cover counters on pesach. The corrugated plastic works for that.

Rachel Shira

Post Thu, Mar 16 2023, 8:59 am
I tape down a layer of foil and do contact paper on top. A. We do a double covering. B. I don’t have any residue. C. Any gaps in corners etc where the contact paper doesn’t fit exactly are still covered by foil.

thanks

Post Thu, Mar 16 2023, 9:01 am
Vinyl floor tile, 24“, is the perfect size for countertops. Line them up, and tape them down. Easy to wipe down, and you can reuse them next year.

amother
Cobalt

Post Thu, Mar 16 2023, 9:05 am
I use vinyl roll I cut to size 8 years ago and use each year. I roll up through the year. I tape it down but it's easy as it's labeled.

PinkFridge

Post Thu, Mar 16 2023, 9:41 am
You don't have to peel the contact paper. You can tape the perimeter with a strong but won't leave residue tape.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Mar 16 2023, 9:55 am
what is a "strong but won't leave residue tape?"
I'd love to know what to buy!

amother
Dustypink

Post Thu, Mar 16 2023, 10:06 am
I tape down contact paper....

PinkFridge

Post Thu, Mar 16 2023, 10:25 am
amother OP wrote:
what is a "strong but won't leave residue tape?"
I'd love to know what to buy!

Painting tape. And frum stores sell a tape that looks like clear packing tape but yeah, isn't as strong but it's good enough.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics