Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Pesach Recipes
Freezing Salads or Dips

smile

Post Thu, Mar 16 2023, 11:15 am
Is there any salads recipe and also dips recipe that one can freeze?

farmom

Post Thu, Mar 16 2023, 11:33 am
I find that cooked vegetables freeze really well. So any salads/dips made with vegetables and no mayo do well.
Matbucha, red pepper dip, eggplant, etc

Chayalle

Post Thu, Mar 16 2023, 11:39 am
I do a fried eggplant dip that freezes beautifully. Just peel and slice eggplant, sprinkle the slices with salt and let sit about 20 minutes or so. Then fry on each side till very soft and golden. I put it into a container and it kind of gets mashed. Freeze. Delicious with matza (and challah year round).

Babaganoush also freezes beautifully. Poke eggplant with knife to make air holes. Broil in oven for about 45 minutes (turn midway if you remember to). Cool. Peel. Place eggplant in food processor, add salt, pepper, some oil, some mayo, and some garlic (I use the frozen cubes). Process. Freeze.

For salads, I like to peel and dice (I use my vegetable chopper) vegetables such as sweet potato and beets, and I freeze them raw. I pop them into the oven on YT morning, drizzled with oil, salt, pepper, and garlic powder. Delicious in a salad (like with lettuce, craisins or pomegranate arils (if I can get them), honey-almonds, and a dressing) or served as a side.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics