Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Household Products, Kitchen Appliances, Furniture & Cars
My food processor broke... Any suggestions for a good one?
Previous  1  2  3

jflower

Post Sun, Nov 13 2022, 2:25 pm
lkwdlady wrote:
Thank you. When I looked at the link you posted it shows 2 options. A chopper for $39.99 and a chopper plus food processor for $67.98. Which one do you use?

If you scroll through the pics on amazon, the 2nd photo shows 2 appliances which I think are the chopper and the food processor. I think if you order the chopper for 39.99, that's all you will receive.

Chayalle

Post Thu, Mar 16 2023, 12:54 pm
So here I am before Pesach, trying to decide if I should get a new food processor since I do not like the one I have (cheap offbrand I bought years ago. Small bowl. Doesn't do so great on mincing finely, like if I make a dip with garlic in it, or dill dip, it doesn't mince well.)

I'm so confused about the Hamilton Beach, since some of the links on Amazon seem to be for a bowl scraper and not the actual machine. Not sure what I would get if I order....

ynms

Post Thu, Mar 16 2023, 1:02 pm
Chayalle wrote:
So here I am before Pesach, trying to decide if I should get a new food processor since I do not like the one I have (cheap offbrand I bought years ago. Small bowl. Doesn't do so great on mincing finely, like if I make a dip with garlic in it, or dill dip, it doesn't mince well.)

I'm so confused about the Hamilton Beach, since some of the links on Amazon seem to be for a bowl scraper and not the actual machine. Not sure what I would get if I order....

I have the Braun for year round and Hamilton Beach for pesach. I really dislike the Hamilton Beach one it's smaller and was leaking. I purchased the braun pesach when it was in sale.

Chayalle

Post Thu, Mar 16 2023, 1:04 pm
ynms wrote:
I have the Braun for year round and Hamilton Beach for pesach. I really dislike the Hamilton Beach one it's smaller and was leaking. I purchased the braun pesach when it was in sale.

Thank you for this. I keep asking myself if I should just spend the money once and for all and get the Braun. It's expensive on Amazon right now, but if I can get myself to a frum store (and have time for the lines!) they are likely to be somewhat better priced.

ynms

Post Thu, Mar 16 2023, 1:11 pm
Yes, it's a worthwhile investment and makes the prep easier. Furthermore, I'm really comfortable with the Braun and can almost used with eyes closed. One less stress erev pesach.

bargainlover

Post Thu, Mar 16 2023, 1:14 pm
Chayalle wrote:
Thank you for this. I keep asking myself if I should just spend the money once and for all and get the Braun. It's expensive on Amazon right now, but if I can get myself to a frum store (and have time for the lines!) they are likely to be somewhat better priced.

I closed my eyes and swiped my card at center of town for the Braun. Best investment for Pesach, we use it for so many things. Kugels, dips, marror, juices, ices….
I paid about $200 last year. Maybe call the places in town and see who can toivel and deliver for you so it’s one less errand!

lkwdlady

Post Thu, Mar 16 2023, 1:16 pm
This will sound crazy but I have a Braun for pesach and I always liked my cheaper chometz one better… yes, it’s smaller but I just like the texture of the kugel in the cheaper one. It doesn’t leak and has a strong motor and blades… Which is why the kitchen aid sale caught my eye.. since I don’t think I want the Braun. I know almost everyone will say the Braun is tops and better than anything else…
For the record, my current food processor which will have to be replaced soon is a company called Girmi. I never heard of anyone using this and have no idea where it’s sold. I’ve had it for almost 20 years.

lkwdlady

Post Thu, Mar 16 2023, 1:17 pm
bargainlover wrote:
I closed my eyes and swiped my card at center of town for the Braun. Best investment for Pesach, we use it for so many things. Kugels, dips, marror, juices, ices….
I paid about $200 last year. Maybe call the places in town and see who can toivel and deliver for you so it’s one less errand!

Yes, it’s very good for marror

PinkFridge

Post Fri, Mar 17 2023, 11:32 am
Chayalle wrote:

Yup. Just ordered the actual machine. It's out there. Model 70670. Comes with an S blades and 2 shredders.

Chayalle

Post Fri, Mar 17 2023, 1:32 pm
PinkFridge wrote:
Yup. Just ordered the actual machine. It's out there. Model 70670. Comes with an S blades and 2 shredders.

Thank you, that helped! I was able to find it.

Now I have to make a decision.

Thanks!

mommyhood

Post Fri, Mar 17 2023, 1:38 pm
Chayalle wrote:

I have the Braun and I love it, I had a cheaper food processor first and gave it away. I don’t have a Pesach kitchen so I needed the most functional food processor for quick work which for me is the Braunz For dips though, I actually find an immersion blender works better.

pinkpeonies

Post Fri, Mar 17 2023, 1:49 pm
PinkFridge wrote:
I'm a Hamilton Beach fan. But I've never tried the Braun. I did have a name brand that broke and good riddance - the cup was too small and the feeder tube was annoyingly narrow.

Omg I used Hamilton beach for pesach one year, it was AWFUL! Braun all the way. If you have never used the braun, you don’t know what you’re missing.

Chayalle

Post Fri, Mar 17 2023, 1:51 pm
mommyhood wrote:
I have the Braun and I love it, I had a cheaper food processor first and gave it away. I don’t have a Pesach kitchen so I needed the most functional food processor for quick work which for me is the Braunz For dips though, I actually find an immersion blender works better.

So the new Braun (mine died back in November, and I got a new one - for all year around) comes with this little insert bowl that is awesome for dips. I make tehina, babaganoush, etc...in there and it comes out so good. I find the fact that it's in this small bowl works really well - the garlic is minced really fine, the tehina blends really well with the water, etc.....

But I should've bought two back in November when it was $170. Now it's $230 on Amazon. Pricey.

lkwdlady

Post Fri, Mar 17 2023, 1:57 pm
Chayalle wrote:
So the new Braun (mine died back in November, and I got a new one - for all year around) comes with this little insert bowl that is awesome for dips. I make tehina, babaganoush, etc...in there and it comes out so good. I find the fact that it's in this small bowl works really well - the garlic is minced really fine, the tehina blends really well with the water, etc.....

But I should've bought two back in November when it was $170. Now it's $230 on Amazon. Pricey.

Saw this online - no idea what store it is…

https://gandhiappliances.com/p.....w_wcB

Update-
Sorry! Just realized it’s for 220v

PinkFridge

Post Fri, Mar 17 2023, 2:20 pm
pinkpeonies wrote:
Omg I used Hamilton beach for pesach one year, it was AWFUL! Braun all the way. If you have never used the braun, you don’t know what you’re missing.

Could be I don't know what I'm missing. I know my HB works well though.

DREAMING

Post Fri, Mar 17 2023, 4:56 pm
Chayalle wrote:

I had a cheaper one for pesach (I don’t remember the brand) and eventually bought a Braun. The cheaper one had a smaller bowl which meant I had to do stuff in shifts. He basewas also much heavier to shlep in and out… I am enjoying the Braun very much.

OBnursemom

Post Fri, Mar 17 2023, 4:59 pm
I just got a cuisinart Cuisinart Elemental Small Food Processor, 13-Cup, Gunmetal https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01I.....ss_tl . I’ve been using Cuisinarts for years- although my year round is now a Breville. I can’t stand the shredding blade on the Braun (the thin shred is too thin and the thick is too thick) and I eventually made mine milchig.
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Shopping -> Household Products, Kitchen Appliances, Furniture & Cars