Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions
Homemade food

amother
OP

Post Thu, Mar 16 2023, 12:16 pm
Hi does anyone know of a place with reputable Hechsher thst would deliver small homemade food package in Yerushalayim? Specifically prefer hot food such as potato kugel or the like. Thanks a lot in advance.

amother
Hyssop

Post Thu, Mar 16 2023, 1:06 pm
There's no such thing. To sell food as kosher in Israel, you must must have a rabbanut hechsher. You can then add as many different hechsherim as you want, but the rabbanut draws the line for what's considered the bare minimum. And the rabbanut will not give a hashgacha to a home kitchen. (Which seems to me like a completely reasonable standard, as there's no way to monitor who goes in and out of the kitchen in a private house.)

Home cooks who want to keep the rules will advertise as "using only Badatz ingredients" or some such, but they can't advertise as kosher, and there's no oversight.

Rappel

Post Thu, Mar 16 2023, 1:23 pm
Maybe there's a cholent restaurant which delivers? Or maybe you have a good friend whom will take it to the recipient?

I know there are Thursday night cholent places in meah shearim...

This sounds like a really sweet idea. I hope it comes through, OP!

Rappel

Post Thu, Mar 16 2023, 1:27 pm
This website is a database of gold -standard kosher options. Maybe you can find a restaurant or caterer in Yerushalayim with a heimish menu which delivers.

https://www.kosharot.co.il/
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions