Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
Yeshivish community in Baltimore?
Previous  1  2  3  4

amother
Babyblue

Post Sun, Feb 12 2023, 6:31 pm
amother Latte wrote:
I had brothers in TI (as well as TA). It's not that selective. Just, families that are more modern are not interested in sending their kids there so rarely apply.
Also maybe reread my post. I specified BY and TA.

Exactly this. Parents who want their kids to go to the other schools don’t apply to TI. And now we have so many more boys options. The only school here that’s actually selective is the chassidish one, and even their gan opened up for everyone.

amother
Violet

Post Sun, Feb 12 2023, 6:42 pm
amother Latte wrote:
I can tell you are a relative newcomer to Baltimore if you are stating that certain boys schools are more "careful" about who they accept than the girls schools and wondering why the girls schools are not so selective. Bais Yaakov is a community school (as is TA, actually). They don't set standards as to who is on the right level or derech in order to be enrolled. Students from all types of backgrounds are welcome.

I grew up in Baltimore as an FFB, btw. Yeshivish background. There was no such thing as yeshivish kids not wanting to be friends with non yeshivish kids or not being allowed to play at their homes. Sure, maybe we didn't eat at everyone's house or their parents knew to ask if it was ok to put on a video when we were little, but absolutely we could and were friends despite having different types of homes.
ETA and I grew up on one of the streets mentioned on this thread as being yeshivish and to the right, lol. Won't say which one!

I’ve been living in Lakewood now for many years, but I did too and I’m sure I would know you😉

amother
OP

Post Mon, Feb 13 2023, 3:39 pm
thank you so much for these great responses!! im a little lost now Confused so many different answers and opinions ah!

I also don't know the boundaries of the different areas people are suggesting... can someone help with that or maybe post house listings? my kids are all under 5 so I'm not super worried about schools since if it doesn't work, I am willing to move after a few years. but DH and I just want to try a new frum area since we have lived in the same place for so long. BH we don't have to worry too much about the cost of the house, more concerned about the avirah for us as a couple

amother
Almond

Post Mon, Feb 13 2023, 4:26 pm
where do you live now OP and why are you looking to move to baltimore?

amother
Babyblue

Post Mon, Feb 13 2023, 4:28 pm
amother OP wrote:
thank you so much for these great responses!! im a little lost now Confused so many different answers and opinions ah!

I also don't know the boundaries of the different areas people are suggesting... can someone help with that or maybe post house listings? my kids are all under 5 so I'm not super worried about schools since if it doesn't work, I am willing to move after a few years. but DH and I just want to try a new frum area since we have lived in the same place for so long. BH we don't have to worry too much about the cost of the house, more concerned about the avirah for us as a couple

I recommend you call up one of the frum realtors in Baltimore and ask them to explain the neighborhoods and boundaries and for some house postings.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Mar 15 2023, 6:11 pm
amother Babyblue wrote:
I recommend you call up one of the frum realtors in Baltimore and ask them to explain the neighborhoods and boundaries and for some house postings.

sorry to bring back an old post, but does anyone have a frum realtor to recommend that would know the areas and be able to help me find the right place??

amother
Bluebell

Post Thu, Mar 16 2023, 12:41 am
amother OP wrote:
sorry to bring back an old post, but does anyone have a frum realtor to recommend that would know the areas and be able to help me find the right place??

https://www.remax.com/real-est.....27065

amother
Seagreen

Post Thu, Mar 16 2023, 1:33 am
https://dassilazar.com/ Would probably be able to explain the yeshivishness or lack of thereoff of the neighborhoods to you.

I live in Ranchleigh and it’s a mix. I love it!

I’m from NY, many of my relatives are super yeshivish, and it’s a more mixed and relaxed area here. Most of my relatives don’t have smartphones. I’ve only encountered a handful of my kids’ classmates’ moms here who don’t have smartphones.

amother
Watermelon

Post Thu, Mar 16 2023, 1:50 am
Aliza wein from bonder realty can prob help you too

amother
OP

Post Thu, Mar 16 2023, 9:52 am
amother Seagreen wrote:
https://dassilazar.com/ Would probably be able to explain the yeshivishness or lack of thereoff of the neighborhoods to you.

I’m from NY, many of my relatives are super yeshivish, and it’s a more mixed and relaxed area here. Most of my relatives don’t have smartphones. I’ve only encountered a handful of my kids’ classmates’ moms here who don’t have smartphones.

hi! can I private message you? I would love to get some info... we know no one really in baltimore

amother
Blonde

Post Thu, Mar 16 2023, 10:51 am
Some frum realtors: Dassi Lazar, Shevy Rosendorff Ashman, Debbie Finkelstein, Joe Bondar, Rephael Szendro---are just a few

I live in the Upper park heights area. I love it here. It's more low key and heimish. Mix of yeshivish, BT, Chasidish, Lubavitch, modern and JPF. I can think of almost a dozen shuls within a 1/2 mile radius each with a different style and flavor.

A mix on smart phones and not. I know a few that don't even own a cell phone nor internet at all.

I think you need to come here for a shabbos or 2 and get a feel of the community. And it really is a community.

amother
Papayawhip

Post Thu, Mar 16 2023, 10:56 am
amother Watermelon wrote:
Aliza wein from bonder realty can prob help you too

Yes, I recommend Aliza Wein 443-629-1547

amother
Papayawhip

Post Thu, Mar 16 2023, 11:07 am
[quote="[url=https://www.imamother.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=6736459#6736459][b][color=black]amother Clear]Tuition is also higher than in town, I think it’s about $10,000/child with boys schools charging more than girls schools.[/quote]
Just wanted to point out that boys’ schools START at around $10k. In other words, for kindergarten. But by middle school you’d be paying more like $15k.

amother
Blue

Post Thu, Mar 16 2023, 11:09 am
amother Papayawhip wrote:
Just wanted to point out that boys’ schools START at around $10k. In other words, for kindergarten. But by middle school you’d be paying more like $15k.

Yup I’m paying $41,000 for 3 boys, all elementary age.

amother
Daphne

Post Thu, Mar 16 2023, 12:49 pm
At least half of the parents in BY, Bnos, TA, TI are on scholarship assistance. I pay no where close to $10K per kid. And we have a 6 figure income.

Busy as a bee

Post Thu, Mar 16 2023, 12:57 pm
OP feel free to DM me... I live in Baltimore and have a lot of info that you are looking for

amother
Puce

Post Thu, Mar 16 2023, 3:49 pm
amother Seagreen wrote:

Probably depends on which schools your kids go to. My boys go to TI and someone wanted to start a class whatsapp chat (I have a very filtered smartphone with whatsapp) but there weren't enough parents with smartphones. Same for my carpools, we mostly use groupme because many people can't even do group texts on their phones.

My girls are in Bais Yaakov and I would say it's about half and half, in their classes. But I am pretty sure that even most of those are tagged or filtered.

I'm also from NY originally. We are so happy here b"H!
Page 4 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating