Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Finances
Why didnt Bauer Financial predict and downgrade bank ratings
Previous  1  2

amother
Olive

Post Tue, Mar 14 2023, 3:40 pm
amother Birch wrote:
Credit suisse is in over its head due to swaps. They've been heading down this path for the last year already.

And will it fall? When?

amother
Birch

Post Tue, Mar 14 2023, 8:07 pm
amother Olive wrote:
And will it fall? When?

I don't run the world so I can't tell you when or if it'll fall. I can tell you the info of what things are currently pointing to.

Remember archegos? Credit suisse is stuck holding their bags due to swaps and so they need to cover the short positions this March.

amother
Birch

Post Wed, Mar 15 2023, 10:40 am
Credit Suisse shares suspended.

amother
Maize

Post Wed, Mar 15 2023, 11:30 am
Can you share some predictions of what is expected to happen next? over the next year - 2?

amother
OP

Post Wed, Mar 15 2023, 2:26 pm
amother Maize wrote:
Can you share some predictions of what is expected to happen next? over the next year - 2?

Following.

amother
Birch

Post Thu, Mar 16 2023, 2:43 pm
amother Maize wrote:

Can't predict but it seems to be heading to a place like Germany after the war where there is no value to the currency.
The only way out they have is to introduce cdbc and they're passing bills as fast as they can right now to allow for it.

amother
Maize

Post Thu, Mar 16 2023, 3:15 pm
That sounds worse than the 2008 recession?

amother
Tan

Post Thu, Mar 16 2023, 3:56 pm
amother Birch wrote:
Can't predict but it seems to be heading to a place like Germany after the war where there is no value to the currency.
The only way out they have is to introduce cdbc and they're passing bills as fast as they can right now to allow for it.

I have a feeling you are correct. What do you advise doing with $ saved up in the bank? I don't feel it is safe even if FDIC insured. Firstly, if most of the world ends up in economic trouble because we are all so interconnected it is almost impossible that won't be the case and it dominos to a world wide problem it will be too big for the government to pay back insured $. Therefore, my question, what is a good idea to do with one's $? Secondly, even if you keep it under your mattress it may be safe but end up close to worthless because the value is almost zero. There must be some commodity that would be worthwhile to buy before $ is worth just the paper it's printed on. Any suggestions?

To clarify, I am not looking to make $ by investing. I am looking to buy a commodity that will hopefully retain a lot of it's value just in case the world gets into a situation that $ becomes practically worthless. After things return to normal, which will take time but will happen, I will then sell the commodity and put my $ back in the bank.

#BestBubby

Post Thu, Mar 16 2023, 4:08 pm
These banks are lending "woke"

Lending for renewable energy that often fails.

Refusing to lend to "bad" but profitable businesses.

But they got bailed out by the taxpayers so they don't care.

amother
Snapdragon

Post Thu, Mar 16 2023, 4:11 pm
amother Tan wrote:
I have a feeling you are correct. What do you advise doing with $ saved up in the bank? I don't feel it is safe even if FDIC insured. Firstly, if most of the world ends up in economic trouble because we are all so interconnected it is almost impossible that won't be the case and it dominos to a world wide problem it will be too big for the government to pay back insured $. Therefore, my question, what is a good idea to do with one's $? Secondly, even if you keep it under your mattress it may be safe but end up close to worthless because the value is almost zero. There must be some commodity that would be worthwhile to buy before $ is worth just the paper it's printed on. Any suggestions?

To clarify, I am not looking to make $ by investing. I am looking to buy a commodity that will hopefully retain a lot of it's value just in case the world gets into a situation that $ becomes practically worthless. After things return to normal, which will take time but will happen, I will then sell the commodity and put my $ back in the bank.
gold

#BestBubby

Post Thu, Mar 16 2023, 4:13 pm
And more gold.

amother
Birch

Post Thu, Mar 16 2023, 4:16 pm
amother Maize wrote:
That sounds worse than the 2008 recession?

Oh yes.

amother
Birch

Post Thu, Mar 16 2023, 4:38 pm
amother Tan wrote:

None of this is financial advice.
Gold has always been used historically. Farmland, gas are always necessary.

I believe we'll be forced to adopt central digital currency and the dollar will cease to exist.

#BestBubby

Post Thu, Mar 16 2023, 4:54 pm
Why wouldn't CD currency be just as worthless as the dollar if there is no limit on what the government can print?

Never agree to digital currency, government can track every purchase you make

And wipe out your $ with a push of a button.

It is to control and enslave.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics