Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Pesach
Pesach Programs that are more chassidish local tristate area

Joy of Motherhood

Post Thu, Mar 16 2023, 11:47 am
I generally stay home for Pesach but this year we are looking to join a hotel as we have a child that is unwell and making our own Pesach is nearly impossible. Are there any Pesach Hotels that are more chassidish crowd? Not looking for exciting entertainment something with a Heimish taam.

amother
SandyBrown

Post Thu, Mar 16 2023, 12:09 pm
I hope you find what you're looking for, but Chassidim tend to be extremely machmir on Pesach in terms of what and where they will eat. Many don't even use prepared products, and mishing by non-relatives is often out of the question. Add this up and it's extremely unlike to find a hotel program catering to Chassidim.

amother
Carnation

Post Thu, Mar 16 2023, 12:12 pm
I've been seeing ads for Raleigh that appear to be marketing to this crowd (ads in yiddish advertising mikvah etc)

(I'm not chassidish)

amother
Heather

Post Thu, Mar 16 2023, 12:12 pm
Mandel’s program always had a few chassidim.

giftedmom

Post Thu, Mar 16 2023, 12:15 pm
Yeah Raleigh probably fits the bill. As others said there aren’t many chassidish Pesach programs.
I did see a lot of caterings and personal chefs advertise that they offer ready food. Can you do the minimal cleanup and order all food?

amother
Khaki

Post Thu, Mar 16 2023, 12:17 pm
Raleigh has a mostly chassidish crowd.

amother
Aconite

Post Thu, Mar 16 2023, 12:19 pm
amother SandyBrown wrote:
I hope you find what you're looking for, but Chassidim tend to be extremely machmir on Pesach in terms of what and where they will eat. Many don't even use prepared products, and mishing by non-relatives is often out of the question. Add this up and it's extremely unlike to find a hotel program catering to Chassidim.

I don’t know which world you live in but there are a ton of chassidish people who go to hotels and villas with catered food for pesach

amother
cornflower

Post Thu, Mar 16 2023, 12:26 pm
Raleigh seems to fit the bill. My sibling goes there every year. Part of the staff.

amother
Cyan

Post Thu, Mar 16 2023, 12:30 pm
I went to the Raleigh hotel one year pesach, when I had a baby and wasn't up to making pesach at home. It was fully chasidish and great accommodations. Have an ez erev and Freilichen kosheren pesach.

amother
Steel

Post Thu, Mar 16 2023, 1:05 pm
As someone who has never been to any Pesach program please allow me to ask how exactly does that work with Seder night ?

Is there one large Seder in which everyone participates or is every family making their own seder ? Assuming that the event is waitered, how does that work if one family makes a super short Seder while the next table makes an extra long one ?
Is it comfortable to make a Seder in the same room with another 200 or whatever families in a restaurant atmosphere?
Can you give your kids attention when it's noisy and there are another 500 kids in the room (running around and making noise ?) ?

Sorry for all my stupid questions. Was just curious...

amother
Heather

Post Thu, Mar 16 2023, 1:10 pm
amother Steel wrote:
As someone who has never been to any Pesach program please allow me to ask how exactly does that work with Seder night ?

Is there one large Seder in which everyone participates or is every family making their own seder ? Assuming that the event is waitered, how does that work if one family makes a super short Seder while the next table makes an extra long one ?
Is it comfortable to make a Seder in the same room with another 200 or whatever families in a restaurant atmosphere?
Can you give your kids attention when it's noisy and there are another 500 kids in the room (running around and making noise ?) ?

Sorry for all my stupid questions. Was just curious...

You can do it like that or pay more for a private Seder room. Everyone goes at their own pace. Each table does their thing. Yes it’s loud but most people there don’t want to be at home for whatever reason so they are ok with it.

Ruchi

Post Thu, Mar 16 2023, 6:42 pm
amother Aconite wrote:
I don’t know which world you live in but there are a ton of chassidish people who go to hotels and villas with catered food for pesach

The genuine chassidishe oilom who are makpid on mesorah and minhogim do not go to Pesach programs unless there are special or extenuating circumstances.

You are referring to the chilled chassidishe crowd and that's a complete different ballgame

Amelia Bedelia

Post Thu, Mar 16 2023, 6:43 pm
Ruchi wrote:
The genuine chassidishe oilom who are makpid on mesorah and minhogim do not go to Pesach programs unless there are special or extenuating circumstances.

You are referring to the chilled chassidishe crowd and that's a complete different ballgame

THIS!

amother
Pear

Post Thu, Mar 16 2023, 7:00 pm
Amelia Bedelia wrote:
THIS!

But that doesn't mean there are no chassidim at Pesach programs. And OP didn't specify her level of "chilledkeit." She has reason to go and wants a general chassidishe atmosphere.

amother
Khaki

Post Thu, Mar 16 2023, 7:04 pm
Ruchi wrote:

Lav davka, especially not in the recent years. The chilled crowd doesn't go to Raleigh. They're full of regular chassidish families.

doodlesmom

Post Thu, Mar 16 2023, 7:08 pm
Are you sure it will work with your sick child to be at a hotel, it can get very overwhelming with all the schedules, noise etc.

Sorry if I’m overstepping, but maybe you can look into a private villa rather with catered in food.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics