Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> In the News
Trigger warning. "Our unique family" in jail—non-Jews
  Previous  1  2  3 11  12  13  Next

Notsobusy

Post Thu, Mar 16 2023, 11:16 pm
Blessing1 wrote:
Wow, thank you.
I'm waiting for an article to mention that he's faking Judaism.

I've seen articles on NY Post saying that he's faking Judaism and he lied that he's from Brooklyn.

Mama Bear

Post Fri, Mar 17 2023, 2:07 pm
You can see the full one hour court hearing on his bond here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?.....dex=1

Its actually fascinating. He's such a sociopath. Watching him continuing to fake his 'illness' while at the same time being very aware and anxious, is interesting. I'm trying to imagine what's happening in his head, he is probably dying to speak up in his defense but knows he can't drop his act of being terminally ill. Displaying his foley bag promptly is another ploy at trying to apppear ill. I'm also wondering, what do they do with ill prison inmates? who cares for them medically?

Meantime there's a lot of drama with the podcaster who is fighting to get the 3 middle boys custody. She and Yuki (the redhead) are not in speaking terms anymore; they both feel very betrayed by the other. Avshalom the oldest brother is also fighting to regain custody of the five younger kids. The whole thing turned into a big mess. Thank G-d Zaakah is helping them behind the scenes.

I'm so invested in this story it's not normal.

Will update you IYH when there is an update!

missknowitall

Post Fri, Mar 17 2023, 2:09 pm
What the story with them feeling betrayed by each other? You have details on that?

cookier

Post Sun, Mar 19 2023, 1:59 am
Just took a deep dive…this podcaster lady is nuts. Posting about how “her babies” are going to need a father in their life. Puke

She’s trash talking Zaakah, “rabbis” who don’t want her to get the kids and has dragged in a shaliach family and posting their pictures?! So that’s really going to help things.
There’s no way CPS is going to give her these kids. I hope.

But I can’t figure out what Shmaryahu/Yuki did to set her off? He took his TikTok videos down.

InnerMe

Post Sun, Mar 19 2023, 2:31 pm
cookier wrote:
Just took a deep dive…this podcaster lady is nuts. Posting about how “her babies” are going to need a father in their life. Puke

She’s trash talking Zaakah, “rabbis” who don’t want her to get the kids and has dragged in a shaliach family and posting their pictures?! So that’s really going to help things.
There’s no way CPS is going to give her these kids. I hope.

But I can’t figure out what Shmaryahu/Yuki did to set her off? He took his TikTok videos down.

Perhaps he realized she didn't have his best interest, she's just trying to make it all about her so he stopped talking with her?

She did an incredible thing helping to sound the alarm after he called in, but now she doesn't realize she's supposed to take a step back.

cransky

Post Mon, Mar 20 2023, 3:56 pm
Are there any updates?

Ridethewaves

Post Mon, Mar 20 2023, 4:53 pm
Mama Bear wrote:
You can see the full one hour court hearing on his bond here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?.....dex=1

Its actually fascinating. He's such a sociopath. Watching him continuing to fake his 'illness' while at the same time being very aware and anxious, is interesting. I'm trying to imagine what's happening in his head, he is probably dying to speak up in his defense but knows he can't drop his act of being terminally ill. Displaying his foley bag promptly is another ploy at trying to apppear ill. I'm also wondering, what do they do with ill prison inmates? who cares for them medically?

Meantime there's a lot of drama with the podcaster who is fighting to get the 3 middle boys custody. She and Yuki (the redhead) are not in speaking terms anymore; they both feel very betrayed by the other. Avshalom the oldest brother is also fighting to regain custody of the five younger kids. The whole thing turned into a big mess. Thank G-d Zaakah is helping them behind the scenes.

I'm so invested in this story it's not normal.

Will update you IYH when there is an update!

I can't believe that it isn't considered child abuse to whip a kid with a belt as long as there are no marks or bleeding! That was so twisted how the defense lawyer kept asking the officer about his own childhood like he should incriminate his own parents. So I couldn't believe the judge viewed it as relevant or fair. Poor guy.

miriuk

Post Tue, Jun 20 2023, 5:30 pm
Okay so here is my take on it, I saw their videos around september time - I only used tiktok to see what the whole miami boys choir craze was about, and upon seeing the shmutz on there, I quickly uninstalled the app.

I did though see several `our unique family` videos in the related section which got me then looking at their youtube.

The flags for me was the lubavitcher rebbe picture on the wall.

They claim to be chabad in their biography on the website which is still up, however they didnt dress chabad.

Even if you can overlook that (I mean many chabadniks in Israel/ ie yerushalmi etc.. have long payos so that can be overlooked so the payos wasn`t a red flag too much especially bal teshuvas etc.)

However, they talked about speaking hebrew and yiddish but the only jewish words they ever talked about, or jewish things they showed was kosher food.

The hats that the kids wear and dress were either bobov or satmar, not chabad. Huh?

Many of them were yeshiva age too, nothing about that was ever mentioned.

Almost all their tiktok videos had none jewish songs, some of them had gentile music or females singing.. totally not in line with `chassidic jewish values`.

The whole thing is just so weird. It looked like somebody had just looked up a few youtube videos on `how to look jewish.`

The thing which gives it away is the first thing this shemariyahu does is ditch the `chassidic stuff` and change his name........ understandably if he was traumatised.. howeever it shows how sincere the whole `im a chassidic` thing was how quick he was to just drop the act.

- and whats with the father not wearing a yarmulkah in court if he really wanted to keep up the false pretence.

Watching this video, he just comes across as such a warm, friendly guy.....

- The whole story is sickening, and just so... so bizare.

Really weird story theres so much more I can talk about with regards to this but I just dont want to, I wish I had never heard about these people

4thebooks

Post Thu, Jun 29 2023, 6:43 pm
Anyone have any updates? I keep thinking about the kids… what is happening?

missknowitall

Post Tue, Jul 18 2023, 5:44 pm
The oldest son was arrested. ***Avshalom Cohen of Our Unique Family Arrested on s-xual Abuse Charges***
Avshalom Cohen, adopted son of Hayim Nissim Cohen who has been supporting him through his own criminal trial for s-xually abusing his adopted children, has himself been arrested on child s-xual abuse charges. He is facing two counts of Deviate s-xual Assault of a child.
This is in addition to his arrest in early May for Human Smuggling charges. During that arrest he was found with a cache of weapons and a fake police badge.
Avshalom Cohen was also charged with two drug possession charges and an unlawful weapons charge when he was picked up on the warrant for the two abuse charges.

Blessing1

Post Tue, Jul 18 2023, 6:58 pm
Horrific, chilling! Poor children

keeptrying

Post Tue, Jul 18 2023, 7:15 pm
Poor poor kids 😢

gigglemom

Post Tue, Jul 18 2023, 7:49 pm
omg this case is just so twisted and just keeps getting worse!!!!!! I hope him and the "dad" both rot in jail for the rest of their lives, and I hope the people in jail know what they did. men in jail do NOT take kindly to people who hurt children.

chassidisheveib

Post Tue, Jul 18 2023, 8:20 pm
Right but omg I literally brought they’re all converted I know something didn’t add up. But wow ok omg they have a pic of the Lubavitcher rebbe and they practice Judaism

cookier

Post Tue, Jul 18 2023, 10:14 pm
YIKES.

The tattoos in those photos give me the worst feelings. Those aren’t fresh - he’s had them for years. While pretending to be a frum Jew.

bflower

Post Tue, Jul 18 2023, 11:03 pm
Are you sure that none of them are jews? Surprised what was the whole point of acting jewish it's much more then any other religion... and does anyone know his backround how he got into jewish camp which one? I'm new sorry in advanced if I make mistakes...

MommyPhD

Post Tue, Jul 18 2023, 11:16 pm
[delete]

Last edited by MommyPhD on Fri, Oct 06 2023, 4:37 pm; edited 1 time in total

mfb

Post Wed, Jul 19 2023, 12:42 am
I feel bad for him. He was adopted and raised by a molester/rapist. How can he be normal??

ewwpeas20

Post Wed, Jul 19 2023, 2:13 am
cookier wrote:
YIKES.

The tattoos in those photos give me the worst feelings. Those aren’t fresh - he’s had them for years. While pretending to be a frum Jew.

Where do you see photos?

cookier

Post Wed, Jul 19 2023, 9:27 am
MommyPhD wrote:
Okay, I'm not defending any of these people or saying they're legitimately Jewish, but I want to push back on this statement. I have tattoos and I'm really Jewish and part of a typical Chabad community. I am a BT and became religious when I met my husband in graduate school, but I have old tattoos. I got them when I was in college, and it was "cool" among hipster girls of my age. There's literally nothing I can do about the tattoos. I got them long before I became religious. So, yeah, it's offensive to see someone say that because someone has "old tattoos" they're "pretending" to be Jewish.

I’m saying it in his specific context. This guy was adopted at like 11 years old and supposedly raised in a chassidishe home. He insisted for a long time even after the adopter’s arrest that they were religious and it wasn’t a facade, and yet he’s going and getting tattoos while pretending to be chassidishe. And I pointed out that they’re old because he definitely didn’t get them in the last few months after the arrest.

I also have tattoos from before I was religious, and normally I would never say that tattoos indicate someone isn’t a real Jew, even if it was someone who was raised religious and then got them for whatever reason. But here, because they were presenting as so religious and we know he was faking it, it’s jarring to see that it was so fake that they didn’t have an issue with getting a tattoo.
Page 12 of 13   Previous  1  2  3 11  12  13  Next Recent Topics