Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
S/O rude salesperson, can we talk about good ones?
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Thu, Mar 16 2023, 4:20 pm
Several weeks ago I placed an order at Lizi Headware when they had their end of season sale. I bought a few items for 50% off and waited for it to arrive. Apparently, it got lost at UPS, because the tracking never updated.

Today I contacted them and the saleswoman apologized for the inconvenience and told me that all those items have been packed away to make room for the new season stock. She told me she will send me new season items for the sale price I paid and ship it to me. She was super nice and made me feel like she really cared.

Salespeople like her make me want to continue shopping at their stores. I’ve done a lot of shopping these past few weeks for yom tov and an upcoming simcha. I wish all salespeople were so kind!

Please share your stories of salespeople or store owners who went out of their way to help you.

amother
Fuchsia

Post Thu, Mar 16 2023, 6:49 pm
Shout out to polkadots in monsey!
I once wanted a dress in 3 sizes for 3 girls. She had 2 in stock and was out of one. She made calls to other stores who carry this company till she found my missing size. She didn’t gain anything out of that third dress she found for me. You’d think that the 2 I bought were super expensive that it was worth her calls for that. They were well priced in the first place plus on sale!!
She’s just a nice person! She warmed my heart!

wabcs

Post Thu, Mar 16 2023, 6:55 pm
Had great experiences at kiddichic in Monsey!

amother
Kiwi

Post Thu, Mar 16 2023, 8:38 pm
wabcs wrote:
Had great experiences at kiddichic in Monsey!

Also kiddichic, but in Brooklyn. I was in willi and the saleswoman called the one on Coney island as well as bp to find the colors/sizes I needed.

amother
Red

Post Thu, Mar 16 2023, 8:53 pm
I ordered a dress on final sale from pashmina. I needed the next size and they let me exchange it.

amother
Cognac

Post Thu, Mar 16 2023, 8:56 pm
The salesperson at Sage in Lakewood was so nice and helpful. Love that store. Good service and prices.

amother
Mimosa

Post Thu, Mar 16 2023, 9:20 pm
Amazing experience at Rosier in Monsey

octopus

Post Thu, Mar 16 2023, 9:27 pm
I've always had nice experiences in the shell station.

amother
Lemonlime

Post Thu, Mar 16 2023, 10:12 pm
The guy (owner?) at Hosierama in Brooklyn is super nice! I purchased a sweater there years ago when it was on major sale-drastically reduced. I was debating about it since it was final sale and he allowed me to take it home with the agreement that he would allow me to return THE NEXT DAY if it wasn’t good (I hope the local stores that don’t ever allow next day returns even for regular priced items see this!). The sweater ended up fitting and he gained a customer for life. Although I live very far from the store (and there are many hosiery stores closer) I will continue to support him because of his kindness and amazing customer service. P.S. since this story, he started delivery as well so it’s a total win!

amother
Peru

Post Thu, Mar 16 2023, 10:14 pm
Love this thread!

amother
Brass

Post Thu, Mar 16 2023, 10:16 pm
Awesome experience at AvaLea! They went above and beyond to help.

m987

Post Thu, Mar 16 2023, 10:28 pm
Childrens clothing store bon knit in crown heights and online. Literally blown away by the way the owner treated me. I was only purchasing one outfit and possible a sale one which was fairly cheap. She went out of her way and told me to try the outfit on my baby which I usually wouldn’t do in a store and she quickly took off the tag so it wouldn’t itch him, she said she would reattach if after if it didn’t work. When my baby started spitting up, I was panicking and she told me not to worry about it (bh didn’t get on the outfit)
I will always have that positive feeling about the brand and store because of this.

amother
Almond

Post Thu, Mar 16 2023, 10:39 pm
Mimi Boutique in Baltimore! Great service, they go the extra mile!

gr82no

Post Thu, Mar 16 2023, 11:54 pm
Totally her in ch.
I had such amazing experiences there. They are not pushy and very helpful. They also don’t encourage me to get not tznius clothing.

amother
Cornsilk

Post Fri, Mar 17 2023, 12:38 am
Toys 2 discover in bp. Super best customer service

amother
Tanzanite

Post Fri, Mar 17 2023, 12:53 am
Hosiery and hattery in Williamsburg. I once didn't have enough money when I was paying and the owner told me to take the items anyway and bring the rest of the money the next time I come in.

amother
Sienna

Post Fri, Mar 17 2023, 1:05 am
Little Luxury in Bp. I was having issues attaching my buggy board to my carriage as the bassinet is very long and there was no room for dd to stand. I went in there and saw a new buggy board that came out far enough. It cost about $175. The owner came over and saw the old buggy board in my basket. He told me he could fix it and proceeded to do so. He didn’t charge me a penny! He could’ve sold me a new buggy board and I would be none the wiser. You know where I’m going to shop the next time I need any baby stuff!

amother
Babypink

Post Fri, Mar 17 2023, 1:18 am
Parfetty Party online. I ordered Purim labels from her last year before Purim. She brought them to the post office right away and they were supposed to arrive to me before Purim, but for some reason the post office delayed it and it did not arrive until Purim afternoon when it was almost over. She felt so bad and refunded me for the labels, even though it was not her fault and I did end up using the labels for some shaloch manos that I sent out later in the day, which I told her before she refunded me. I was quick to order from her again this year!!!

amother
Canary

Post Fri, Mar 17 2023, 6:28 am
Periwinkle in Lakewood.
Helped me (plus size) look good and feel good about myself. They didn’t stop till I found what I wanted.

amother
Pansy

Post Fri, Mar 17 2023, 6:43 am
amother Canary wrote:
Periwinkle in Lakewood.
Helped me (plus size) look good and feel good about myself. They didn’t stop till I found what I wanted.

I love Periwinkle! And Polka Dot has great customer service too.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics