Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Computers, Phones and Devices
Flip phone with WhatsApp

GoldenOra

Post Sun, Mar 12 2023, 12:35 pm
I’m looking to switch to a flip phone but at this time I can’t get rid of WhatsApp. Does anyone have a suggestion of a flip phone I can get?

groisamomma

Post Sun, Mar 12 2023, 12:37 pm
When you find such a phone please let me know. I've been looking without success.

simmy17

Post Sun, Mar 12 2023, 12:41 pm
Samsung folder2 but its technically a smart phone but its flip.. I have a filter on it but have whatsapp

amother
Viola

Post Sun, Mar 12 2023, 12:44 pm
simmy17 wrote:
Samsung folder2 but its technically a smart phone but its flip.. I have a filter on it but have whatsapp

It's a smartphone that can be folded in half. You can't see that it's a flip phone when in use.
OP, only smartphones can have whatsapp afaik.

crust

Post Sun, Mar 12 2023, 12:46 pm
The Tello flip phone supports whatsapp.

amother
Pumpkin

Post Sun, Mar 12 2023, 12:53 pm
GoldenOra wrote:
I’m looking to switch to a flip phone but at this time I can’t get rid of WhatsApp. Does anyone have a suggestion of a flip phone I can get?

There's a cell phone store located in Boro Park and Monsey that customizes kosher smart phones with whatsapp as a choice. I cannot remember the name.

amother
Aster

Post Sun, Mar 12 2023, 12:53 pm
Whats the point of this then? To look more frum since youre walking around with a flip phone?
My iphone has no whatsapp email browser... but its still considered a smart phone bc its an iphone.
just trying to understand since my daughters school spoke about this and it doesnt make sense to have a flip phone with all these apps

amother
Blushpink

Post Sun, Mar 12 2023, 1:11 pm
Lots of flip phones have whatsapp and browser and Facebook apps.

amother
Navy

Post Sun, Mar 12 2023, 1:28 pm
The cat phone

amother
Jean

Post Sun, Mar 12 2023, 2:44 pm
I just ordered the cat s22 phone because I want specifically this as well. As far as I can tell, it’s the only “smart” flip phone and it’s not being manufactured anymore

amother
Jean

Post Sun, Mar 12 2023, 2:49 pm
amother Aster wrote:
Whats the point of this then? To look more frum since youre walking around with a flip phone?
My iphone has no whatsapp email browser... but its still considered a smart phone bc its an iphone.
just trying to understand since my daughters school spoke about this and it doesnt make sense to have a flip phone with all these apps

The point of this, for me, is to not keep looking at my yetzer hara. I’ve had an iPhone for 12 years. I’m heavily addicted to it. Every filter I’ve put on, I’ve gotten fed up with quickly and taken it off. I want a fresh start with a phone that doesn’t look like my temptation, even though I’m not ready to give up WhatsApp, email, etc.

simmy17

Post Sun, Mar 12 2023, 7:55 pm
the Samsung galaxy folder does look like a flip phone(mine is fully filtered minus email,whatsapp) you are mixing it up with a different one..

ruchelbuckle

Post Fri, Mar 17 2023, 5:30 am
what about getting a flip phone, and using a tablet for whatsapp? that's what I do. This way, I can still use the whatsapp group that I "need"- but I am not connected to it all the time (I tell people that if anything is time senstive, they should contact me via text, not whatsapp).

amother
Hyssop

Post Fri, Mar 17 2023, 5:37 am
I have the Cat phone, and no complaints so far.
It's rugged and very durable, has smartphone capabilities yet still awkward to navigate the keypad, making it less tempting than a smartphone, which is a win for me.

You can still find it, although I believe it is discontinued.

amother
IndianRed

Post Fri, Mar 24 2023, 3:04 pm
amother Hyssop wrote:
I have the Cat phone, and no complaints so far.
It's rugged and very durable, has smartphone capabilities yet still awkward to navigate the keypad, making it less tempting than a smartphone, which is a win for me.

You can still find it, although I believe it is discontinued.

Just got one on eBay, And they have it on Walmart.com

amother
Diamond

Post Sat, Mar 25 2023, 7:00 pm
amother IndianRed wrote:
Just got one on eBay, And they have it on Walmart.com

What plan do you have on this phone? Will it work with all carriers?

amother
IndianRed

Post Sat, Mar 25 2023, 7:54 pm
amother Diamond
wrote:
What plan do you have on this phone? Will it work with all carriers?

The one I got is a T-Mobile phone and we have a T-Mobile SIM. Our carrier is TING which is a reseller for other carriers like Verizon and T-Mobile. So far we are very happy with it. And since it works like a regular Android phone it is easy to remove apps and restrict apps and phone time usage which is not possible on a regular flip phone with built-in apps like Facebook or YouTube...
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics