Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
Any stores allow men and women in same fitting room?
Previous  1  2

amother
Purple

Post Wed, Mar 15 2023, 11:09 pm
Nordstromrack had a ladies dressing room and an all gender one

amother
Maroon

Post Wed, Mar 15 2023, 11:19 pm
I shop with my sister's sometimes but don't bring them in the dressing room.
Try on go out of dressing room area and have him see it .

amother
Ultramarine

Post Thu, Mar 16 2023, 12:45 am
I take a selfie and send it to him for his opinion.

amother
Birch

Post Thu, Mar 16 2023, 12:49 am
amother Midnight wrote:
A lot of the Jewish stores in my town have private appointment option where you pay and can bring your husband. I do that in the beginning of each season and buy my whole wardrobe at once and don't have the stress of needing to bring home to show him.

Sounds a bit controlling of him.

amother
Marigold

Post Thu, Mar 16 2023, 2:26 am
I’d be freaked out to be in a dressing room and hear a man’s voice in the one adjacent to me- and hear a couple trying on clothes together-while your Dh may be normal this precedent would make that store a hard no for me. Many other options if you want Dh to preview your clothes.
Not even getting into the insanity of what flies these days…

amother
Marigold

Post Thu, Mar 16 2023, 2:30 am
Think of others
Do what has been done for decades
And what is appropriate and tznius
Go out and show him
Or take it home
Return if necessary

Can’t women’s dressing rooms even be a safe private space anymore? People are changing their clothes and undressing. My goodness.

ysydmom

Post Thu, Mar 16 2023, 3:31 am
when I go shopping with my dh for clothing in a non Jewish store dh waits outside in the store itself not in the dressing room area and then I come out and show dh the clothing I need an opinion on.

If it's a Jewish store DH waits in the car and sometimes I will ask if I can go outside and show DH.

My DH has a very discerning eye and I trust his opinion and like his opinion for certain items dh is not controlling we have fun shopping together sometimes. this is not all the time only once in a while if we are at the mall on a date or if I need to buy something for a family simcha.

I don't have siblings whose opinion I like, or a mother that I can shop with so I do the next best thing which is DH.

LovesHashem

Post Thu, Mar 16 2023, 5:06 am
amother IndianRed wrote:
Why do you need to show it to him?

(I have no problem if it's because you want his opinion, but the way you wrote this, it sound like he needs to approve of your clothes? I hope I read into it wrong.)

When I go shopping with dh he's able to see if things are see through in the light better, if you can see undergarments underneath un the back etc.

He likes to have a say in what I wear, but if I really love something and he doesn't really like it he will still tell me to buy it if it makes me happy. If he thinks it's hideous he probably wouldn't want me to buy it, but that's never come up before. We tend to agree on what fashion choices are beyond hideous and weird.

LovesHashem

Post Thu, Mar 16 2023, 5:07 am
I just don't understand why you can't have the mirrors in the changing rooms? I like to look over what I'm trying on privately. That's why I like h and m and American eagle and stores like that.

amother
Tangerine

Post Fri, Mar 17 2023, 9:20 am
amother Alyssum wrote:
Just saying... I don't relate to this thread at all. The question is baffling to me

I do. It's fun & I don't have anyone to shop with I'm always alone. It would be nice to have dh help me choose.

It's no different than you bringing your mom or sister for help.

amother
Midnight

Post Fri, Mar 17 2023, 9:23 am
amother IndianRed wrote:
Why do you need to show it to him?

(I have no problem if it's because you want his opinion, but the way you wrote this, it sound like he needs to approve of your clothes? I hope I read into it wrong.)

He simply has better taste than me. I trust his opinion. I have a terrible fashion and sense of colors. I never know what looks good together so when he comes he is really helpful.

amother
Midnight

Post Fri, Mar 17 2023, 9:26 am
ysydmom wrote:
when I go shopping with my dh for clothing in a non Jewish store dh waits outside in the store itself not in the dressing room area and then I come out and show dh the clothing I need an opinion on.

If it's a Jewish store DH waits in the car and sometimes I will ask if I can go outside and show DH.

My DH has a very discerning eye and I trust his opinion and like his opinion for certain items dh is not controlling we have fun shopping together sometimes. this is not all the time only once in a while if we are at the mall on a date or if I need to buy something for a family simcha.

I don't have siblings whose opinion I like, or a mother that I can shop with so I do the next best thing which is DH.

Same. My sisters will sometimes ask my DH about styles and clothes because my family has no fashion sense whatsoever. I don't have anyone else to ask so that is why he comes shopping with me.

Even when I go shopping with friends they don't tell me the honest truth. If it looks good or not. So I can't go with them either.

amother
Midnight

Post Fri, Mar 17 2023, 9:29 am
amother Birch wrote:
Sounds a bit controlling of him.

He just has amazing taste and I do not! Everything I buy when I'm with him I end up loving and wearing all the time. If I go shopping myself I feel so lost

amother
Steelblue

Post Fri, Mar 17 2023, 1:07 pm
I thought you meant Jewish stores.
With department stores I never thought to even ask. If I want dh's opinion he comes with me. The dressing rooms have locks. I don't see an issue.

amother
DarkYellow

Post Sat, Mar 18 2023, 5:37 pm
amother Midnight wrote:
Same. My sisters will sometimes ask my DH about styles and clothes because my family has no fashion sense whatsoever. I don't have anyone else to ask so that is why he comes shopping with me.

Even when I go shopping with friends they don't tell me the honest truth. If it looks good or not. So I can't go with them either.

Your sisters ask your husband for his fashion sense??

amother
Yarrow

Post Sat, Mar 18 2023, 5:50 pm
Isn't that why ladies changing rooms have a bench outside - for waiting husbands/boyfriends?!

zaq

Post Sat, Mar 18 2023, 9:38 pm
I wouldn't set foot in a store that allowed men and women to use the same dressing rooms at the same time.

amother
Iris

Post Mon, Mar 20 2023, 1:36 am
I'm just imagining the misery my DH would be experiencing if I took him shopping. Laugh
He would be in tears. Maybe maybe if he brought a sefer with him and he sat on the bench outside the dressing room? But he'd still want to run as fast as he could. And feel VERY annoyed Smile
Regardless, The idea of a coed changing area is super cringy to me.

amother
Orange

Post Mon, Mar 20 2023, 7:03 am
I believe Target has unisex dressing rooms if that's what op is truly looking for.

Or, you know, just bring home and try on and return as needed.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics