Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Can you teach me about different kind of manicures?

amother
OP

Post Fri, Mar 17 2023, 12:07 pm
I get manicures really rarely, like max 3x a year.

I want to go before Pesach, but I want to understand the diffrent services.

I see regular, gel, hard gel, powder gel, UV, acrylic, fill in, ombre......I am so lost lol.

I have only ever gotten regular and I think got gel once, and didn't really notice a big difference.

I want something that will last as long as possible; don't mind spending time and money.

I would only do a light pinkish color, and I would do french.

TIA!

amother
Skyblue

Post Fri, Mar 17 2023, 12:13 pm
Powder gel lasts long. Two weeks. It is safer than regular gel as no UV lights to dry under.

amother
Snowdrop

Post Fri, Mar 17 2023, 12:42 pm
I don’t like the powder gel, it’s too thick, I really like regular gel, lasts for me about a month but I know for most people shorter

Chayalle

Post Fri, Mar 17 2023, 1:04 pm
I don't like the feel of gel, nor the scraping to get it off. And a regular manicure is a waste on me - the amount of work I do over Pesach (and I hate gloves)...it chips almost as soon as I get home. So I do weeklies. That seems to work for me, it actually lasts the week (or almost). I also do soft colors (pinks, tans, etc...) but I happen to not like French (though I used to...dunno. Started just liking regular).

Librarian

Post Fri, Mar 17 2023, 1:14 pm
I just started getting manicures on a consistent basis at age 53 and I am loving the powder gel manicure. In the past I got a regular manicure now and then for an occasion and it lasted about 2 days before it started to chip. The powder gel looks perfect for 3 weeks until I change it because my nails get too long. I love that I can wash dishes, peel oranges etc without having to worry about ruining my nails. I do hate the removal process but I consider it a tradeoff for not having to sit there under the fan for 15 minutes until a regular manicure dries. I was told the gel manicure weakens the nails so I kind of committed myself to upkeep the powder gel. With a regular manicure you don't have to worry about your nails getting weakened.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics