Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries
Dear [store using scent]
Previous  1  2

ohmygosh

Post Thu, Mar 16 2023, 7:07 pm
flowerpower wrote:
Unless the owner is on Ima( I highly doubt it) nothing will change. Call his cell phone daily for more productive results

Oh my goodness. Please don't do that. If the smell bothers you, then don't shop there. But don't harass the poor guy.

amother
Canary

Post Thu, Mar 16 2023, 7:08 pm
amother DarkViolet wrote:
How is this LH?

Let’s say this smell wouldn’t bother me. Next time I’m passing the store I’ll be about to go in, and say one second someone said something is wrong but with mommy brain I can’t remember. Was it something major that I need to avoid? Not sure, so out of abundance of caution I’ll skip. So I choose to skip it and they lost my business for no reason. This is literally the definition of when you can’t post. This isn’t l’toeles, anyone who walks in and decides they don’t like the smell can leave. You aren’t saving anyone from a hidden danger. There is no reason to create negativity associated with their name. This is completely against the Torah.

amother
Snow

Post Thu, Mar 16 2023, 7:09 pm
I avoid many stores because of their scents.

amother
Seablue

Post Thu, Mar 16 2023, 7:11 pm
amother Snow wrote:
I avoid many stores because of their scents.

I'm curious if the scents attract any buyers

amother
Sapphire

Post Thu, Mar 16 2023, 8:44 pm
Tottini also smells that way. I personally cant' tolerate the smell.

amother
Yellow

Post Thu, Mar 16 2023, 9:44 pm
I haven’t noticed any smells in any stores lately.
I’m surprised to see all these threads.

amother
Lightyellow

Post Fri, Mar 17 2023, 1:29 am
A lot of people are very intolerant to these chemical smells. As a business owner I think it's maybe not such a great idea, it doesn't increase your business 🤔, but national chain corporations have got to be using something much more tolerable because they all do it and it is shown to increase business but their type is likely pricey.

amother
Zinnia

Post Fri, Mar 17 2023, 3:07 am
For decades I’ve avoided department store perfume sections
Cannot tolerate the scents

Raisin

Post Fri, Mar 17 2023, 4:40 am
For people who not sensitive to smells, lucky you. I get instant headaches from certain smells. I would be very sad if my favourite stores used these chemical smells and I would have to avoid shopping there.

If someone gives me lilies, they go straight in the bin. Sorry.

I don't know if this is an essential type of shop like food, or a less essential one like a sunglass shop. I hope the latter.

Bnei Berak 10

Post Fri, Mar 17 2023, 10:30 am
amother OP wrote:
Your store stinks. I can’t breathe in there.
Please please unplug those dangerous chemicals.

Sincerely,
A former customer who hope to return when the smells are natural again.

Send email to owner.
Much better than phone calls.

amother
Iris

Post Fri, Mar 17 2023, 1:16 pm
amother Yellow wrote:
I haven’t noticed any smells in any stores lately.
I’m surprised to see all these threads.

Maybe you have covid lol

amother
Burntblack

Post Fri, Mar 17 2023, 3:30 pm
They should have signs outside warning people. I'm sick of having asthma attacks on walking into places.

I have a right to be out in public also. Nobody NEEDS a place scented.

The ADA says public places need to be accessible

Leave a Google review.

amother
Crimson

Post Fri, Mar 17 2023, 3:42 pm
amother Iris wrote:
Maybe you have covid lol

LOL

mamaleh

Post Fri, Mar 17 2023, 4:41 pm
amother Lightyellow wrote:
A lot of people are very intolerant to these chemical smells. As a business owner I think it's maybe not such a great idea, it doesn't increase your business 🤔, but national chain corporations have got to be using something much more tolerable because they all do it and it is shown to increase business but their type is likely pricey.

Most national chains are larger stores with higher ceilings and more traffic going in & out (often for longer hours, too). The scent isn’t as strong because it doesn’t have the chance to concentrate so much.

amother
Whitesmoke

Post Fri, Mar 17 2023, 5:20 pm
I don't know if this is what you're referring too, but I've been enjoying the smell of clothing stores such as junees (18th Ave) and myself lingerie and wondering what it is. If anyone knows what I'm talking about I'd love to know the name and specific scent of these two stores

amother
Clover

Post Fri, Mar 17 2023, 5:23 pm
amother Whitesmoke wrote:
I don't know if this is what you're referring too, but I've been enjoying the smell of clothing stores such as junees (18th Ave) and myself lingerie and wondering what it is. If anyone knows what I'm talking about I'd love to know the name and specific scent of these two stores

Most of them are probably scentify bliss or zent paradise. I have the zent in my home very light and always get compliments.

crust

Post Fri, Mar 17 2023, 5:24 pm
I went to a different store this week and oh my! The smell was terrible!

They used to have it in hotels only.
Now it is everywhere.

What is this? Is it supposed to be more proffesional to have this awful scent in your store?

I was standing in this store anxiously waiting to ring something up and it was at the tip of my tongue to tell them that I'm choking from it.

It is a brand new store and the owners are men that know who I am (I had given them my phone number already) so I wasn't very comfortable to be this bi*tchy woman coming in for the first time and telling them something that can come off as critic.

But I still plan to call them and tell them that its probably a good idea to take it off.

amother
Thistle

Post Fri, Mar 17 2023, 5:26 pm
I like the smell lol

amother
DarkGreen

Post Sat, Mar 18 2023, 9:47 pm
There are many stores I won't go into because of the smell. Doesn't matter if it's the poisonous smell of cheap plastic products in the junk stores or the cloying smell of scented candles and potpourri. If I have to go to a department store, I avoid passing the perfume department. I won't buy makeup there if the makeup dept. is right near the perfume dept because you can practically choke. And heaven help you if they're giving out sample spritzes of a new fragrance!
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries