Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Pesach
Going away to a non kosher place for pesach.
Previous  1  2

amother
DarkRed

Post Sat, Mar 18 2023, 10:47 pm
Maybe they need to be at the sea for medical purposes, as in heal. It doesn’t matter if it’s a done thing, they are doing it and no point in dwelling on it.

best

Post Sat, Mar 18 2023, 10:57 pm
amother Ivory wrote:
It sounds odd, but it's none of your busine

And I hope you'll forgive my saying so, but your dh has a big mouth. If I were his brother I wouldn't trust him ever again. If you were "not supposed to know," he should not have told you.

Please find a more polite expression,

Do you really think you are improving shalom bayit by making such comments to someone about their spouse

amother
Raspberry

Post Sat, Mar 18 2023, 11:16 pm
zaq wrote:
Lady, it's none of your business. You're not even supposed to know about it. Put your pretty little nose back where it belongs and give the subject a rest.

Why the nasty response?
Wasn't nice or necessary to use such rude language.
Would you appreciate being spoken to so harshly???

amother
Steelblue

Post Sat, Mar 18 2023, 11:41 pm
Apparently they realized that their current getaway is a very good idea for them and therefore they want to take advantage of this place and be there again soon.
It’s possible that there’s another reason we don’t know about or maybe they found out that another few families will be there to make a minyan… who knows? Maybe one of their kids is going through a hard time and this is an important break for the child…fertility treatments? Other medical treatments? whatever their reasons are they probably didn’t tell your husband or if they did, they told him not to tell you…
Yes, it’s strange that they don’t seem to care about being in an unkosher place on pesach and probably not being able to daven with a minyan but they must be justified in making this decision. I would probably be curious to if it were my relatives…

Ruchi

Post Sat, Mar 18 2023, 11:44 pm
I'm from England and I can tell you that it's totally uuheard of for frum families to go away on Pesach to a place that has not been made Pesach'dig or to an Area devoid of frum yidden and minyan. There are also no speciality treatment hospitals near the coast,
Maybe this family likes doing things that are out of the box. Otherwise, they would have chosen to go to Westcliff,Canvey Island or Bournemouth.

amother
Papayawhip

Post Sat, Mar 18 2023, 11:47 pm
amother Raspberry wrote:
Why the nasty response?
Wasn't nice or necessary to use such rude language.
Would you appreciate being spoken to so harshly???

I agree with that response. What OP is doing is disgusting. Starting a thread trying to disect her sister in laws life. She should stick her nose out of their business! There's nothing wrong with doing a trip to the sea with no other jews around. We did plenty such trips. Even for the duration of chol hamoed. So she should stop trying to dig up dark dirty secrets and mind her own business.

Ruchi

Post Sat, Mar 18 2023, 11:51 pm
amother Papayawhip wrote:
I agree with that response. What OP is doing is disgusting. Starting a thread trying to disect her sister in laws life. She should stick her nose out of their business! There's nothing wrong with doing a trip to the sea with no other jews around. We did plenty such trips. Even for the duration of chol hamoed. So she should stop trying to dig up dark dirty secrets and mind her own business.

She's allowed to be intrigued and curious.
Your rudeness and nasty put downs are uncalled for and a lot worse.

amother
White

Post Sat, Mar 18 2023, 11:54 pm
My extended family rented a house together for chol hamoed one year.
It wasn't my idea. It was a lot of work. We need to cover to counters with a double layer, shlep a lot of food and appliances. Bottled water, cribs etc.
It was nice as a family outing.

It's really not unheard of for families to do an overnight trip chol hamoed. Minyan within driving distance, it's done a lot in NY.

I personally would not go away on vaca to a place without minyan if we could help it so for sure not yom tov.

amother
Linen

Post Sat, Mar 18 2023, 11:56 pm
amother Oleander wrote:
I dont get the big deal. We went to an airbnb in the middle of nowhere one year. Kashered the kitchen / used our own electric appliances and brought our own kosher food and bought produce locally. Had a nice quiet private pesach.

It's a big deal for a yeshivishe family because of a minyan

amother
Papayawhip

Post Sat, Mar 18 2023, 11:57 pm
Ruchi wrote:
She's allowed to be intrigued and curious.
Your rudeness and nasty put downs are uncalled for and a lot worse.

Sorry, but we need to realize how disgusting this thread is. She's not intrigued. She's curious and wants to yenta, which is an awful middah. Imagine her SIL finds out that there's a thread going on about her from her yenta sister in law.

Ruchi

Post Sun, Mar 19 2023, 12:00 am
amother White wrote:
My extended family rented a house together for chol hamoed one year.
It wasn't my idea. It was a lot of work. We need to cover to counters with a double layer, shlep a lot of food and appliances. Bottled water, cribs etc.
It was nice as a family outing.

It's really not unheard of for families to do an overnight trip chol hamoed. Minyan within driving distance, it's done a lot in NY.

I personally would not go away on vaca to a place without minyan if we could help it so for sure not yom tov.

I am very much aware that in New York this is done a lot. I have family who went to Rhode Island over Chol Hamoed and they had minyan.
Here in England it is unheard of. Absolutely nobody does this

Ruchi

Post Sun, Mar 19 2023, 12:02 am
Sorry, but we need to realize how disgusting this thread is. She's not intrigued. She's curious and wants to yenta, which is an awful middah. Imagine her SIL finds out that there's a thread going on about her from her yenta sister in law.

If you find this thread disgusting then why don't you move on to a different thread? No one is forcing you to keep coming back to read additional posts

Ruchi

Post Sun, Mar 19 2023, 12:05 am

JUst to make you aware, that It's also an awful middah to put down others and make nasty comments about them, - EXACTLY what you are doing.

amother
Papayawhip

Post Sun, Mar 19 2023, 12:11 am
Ruchi wrote:
I am very much aware that in New York this is done a lot. I have family who went to Rhode Island over Chol Hamoed and they had minyan.
Here in England it is unheard of. Absolutely nobody does this

Maybe people do it and don't tell anyone for the exact reason OP's sister in law isn't telling anyone. Because of how you people are reacting to it. As if they're doing the worst thing.

Ruchi

Post Sun, Mar 19 2023, 12:17 am
Maybe people do it and don't tell anyone for the exact reason OP's sister in law isn't telling anyone. Because of how you people are reacting to it. As if they're doing the worst thing.

Can you please stop being ridiculous and inventing things? Just relax and allow the op to be curious.
No one here has reacted in any way to suggest that this family is being viewed as doing the worst thing.
Since when does "unheard of" equal to doing the worst thing?
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics