Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
What are people wearing to weddings?
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Fri, Mar 17 2023, 11:36 am
I haven't been to a wedding in a while, and the last one I went to was a co-worker's of dh so I didn't really care that I wore something very dated.

Now I have a close relative's wedding and I'm lost. Is it true that shells are out? And is it true that people are wearing ankle length dresses as regular guests?

Any suggestions where I can find something online?

Tia!

TravelHearter

Post Fri, Mar 17 2023, 11:48 am
People are wearing nicer shabbos dresses, so you can look in stores if you want to see what’s being worn.

mommyhood

Post Fri, Mar 17 2023, 11:56 am
I wear my regular Shabbos clothes and many of them are ankle length because that’s a lot of what’s sold in the frum stores. They don’t look like gowns so I don’t feel overdressed. I went to a wedding this week wearing a dress I bought from Junees and another woman was wearing the same one so definitely felt appropriate to me.

amother
Beige

Post Fri, Mar 17 2023, 3:40 pm
Shells are definitely out.

Yes, everyone wears long midi length dresses. Very few young ppl wear short anymore to weddings

amother
OP

Post Sun, Mar 19 2023, 12:04 am
Thanks, aside from Junees, any other suggestions of where to find online? Or examples of what people are wearing?

amother
Crystal

Post Sun, Mar 19 2023, 12:13 am
amother OP wrote:
Thanks, aside from Junees, any other suggestions of where to find online? Or examples of what people are wearing?

Even if you don't want to buy from June's, you can look through to see whats typically being worn if you are somewhat trendy.
Then you can look on shein or Amazon for a similar look.

People are certainly wearing long, but not super fancy. More like a nicer maxi dress that you'd wear on shobbos.

But that's for my daughters.

Plenty of Old fogies like me are still wearing black skirt and nice top or crepe regular length dresses.

amother
Teal

Post Sun, Mar 19 2023, 12:23 am
Location matters. Stupid me listened to fashion advice on here and showed up wearing things that didn’t make sense in that circle. So maybe post location and crowd.

Ok1

Post Sun, Mar 19 2023, 12:25 am
Reg short length is still in… it’s a classic will never be out… you can wear any length now…

amother
Crystal

Post Sun, Mar 19 2023, 12:29 am
amother Crystal wrote:
Even if you don't want to but from June's, you can look through to see whats typically being worn if you are somewhat trendy.
Then you can look on shein or Amazon for a similar look.

People are certainly wearing long, but not super fancy. More like a nicer maxi dress that you'd wear on shobbos.

But that's for my daughters.

Plenty of Old fogies like me are still wearing black skirt and nice top or crepe regular length dresses.

Somebody said to note location: this is Lakewood yeshivish circles

amother
Candycane

Post Sun, Mar 19 2023, 12:30 am
amother Beige wrote:
Shells are definitely out.

Yes, everyone wears long midi length dresses. Very few young ppl wear short anymore to weddings
disagree who it dress length. I am young and trendy and live in New York (not out of town) and plenty of people wearing short. The stores are selling length of short too. Practically speaking if you are short then midi length often looks awful.

amother
Phlox

Post Sun, Mar 19 2023, 12:52 am
Ok1 wrote:
Reg short length is still in… it’s a classic will never be out… you can wear any length now…

This. It’s not trendy but it’s classic. I wear it because I don’t like how I look in long dresses without heels and I cannot wear heels now because they hurt me too much.
So I wear a nice black skirt with a classy top.

amother
Snowflake

Post Sun, Mar 19 2023, 1:18 am
amother Candycane wrote:
disagree who it dress length. I am young and trendy and live in New York (not out of town) and plenty of people wearing short. The stores are selling length of short too. Practically speaking if you are short then midi length often looks awful.

This. I'm short & only wear short.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Mar 19 2023, 1:39 am
I'm also short, in my 40's. Happy to see that a nice top with short skirt is still acceptable.

Thanks for the replies.

amother
Forestgreen

Post Sun, Mar 19 2023, 2:17 am
I'm tall and wear short or midi. I do not wear maxi dresses to weddings. In my circles, that's only appropriate for close friends/ relatives. As for shells, they've been out for over a decade.

amother
Antiquewhite

Post Sun, Mar 19 2023, 2:41 am
What is regular length?

amother
cornflower

Post Sun, Mar 19 2023, 7:45 am
amother Forestgreen wrote:
I'm tall and wear short or midi. I do not wear maxi dresses to weddings. In my circles, that's only appropriate for close friends/ relatives. As for shells, they've been out for over a decade.

Shells are not out. The short sleeve with shell underneath is out. But people wear sleeveless with a shell, or sheer sleeves with a shell.

amother
cornflower

Post Sun, Mar 19 2023, 7:46 am
amother OP wrote:
I'm also short, in my 40's. Happy to see that a nice top with short skirt is still acceptable.

Thanks for the replies.
Yes, get a nice up to date top and skirt.

amother
Crystal

Post Sun, Mar 19 2023, 7:58 am
amother Antiquewhite wrote:
What is regular length?

The standard length that everyone wore before maxi came in. A tznius amount below the knee.

ysydmom

Post Sun, Mar 19 2023, 8:36 am
I wear shells nothing wrong with it. I have lovely dresses that I wear a shell with. To each their own style...

amother
Seablue

Post Sun, Mar 19 2023, 11:40 am
Shell station seems to be making a lot of business still bh. What does it mean she'll are out?
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics