Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen
Pesach countertops yeshivish pls answer

amother
OP

Post Sun, Mar 19 2023, 3:05 am
Do most ppl in yeshivish communities cover their countertops even if they're kasherable like granite quartz etc. I just wanna fit in and not have ppl scared to eat from my house. both dh and I grew up modern but now are yeshivish so im new to all this.

amother
Peru

Post Sun, Mar 19 2023, 3:12 am
amother OP wrote:
Do most ppl in yeshivish communities cover their countertops even if they're kasherable like granite quartz etc. I just wanna fit in and not have ppl scared to eat from my house. both dh and I grew up modern but now are yeshivish so im new to all this.

Many yeshivish Rabbanim hold that glazed countertops can't be kashered. But ask your Rav what he holds. If your countertops aren't glazed (some people specifically get that type), you for sure can kasher.

I wouldn't worry so much about fitting in and having people scared to eat from your house. People who don't "mish" won't eat from your house no matter what. And people with very strict chumras won't either. If someone would even consider eating from or in your house on Pesach, they clearly mish and are ok with your Pesach observance. Your countertops will be a very small part of the decision.

Jewishmom8

Post Sun, Mar 19 2023, 5:14 am
amother OP wrote:

we do but ask your Rav.
many people do have a minhag not to eat by other people on pesach so don't feel that its you or people are scared or st.
you're doing great.

amother
Gold

Post Sun, Mar 19 2023, 5:46 am
Most ppl do because it's very hard to kasher countertops correctly.

abound

Post Sun, Mar 19 2023, 6:02 am
Yes, most ppl do it.
Also many ppl wont eat out of their own home pesach, even if they eat more chumrahs than they do
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen