Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
Why do people respond to Amazon questions, stupidly?

amother
OP

Post Sun, Mar 19 2023, 1:37 am
I asked:
"whats the size of the racks and the height of the interior?"

XXXXXX XXXXXX answered:
"To be honest I don’t know I get it as a gift for my sister I never opened the box"

Do people who answer Amazon questions, benefit somehow by answering, even if answers arent helpful?

amother
Mintcream

Post Sun, Mar 19 2023, 1:41 am
Because Amazon sends the questions out automatically as an email to people who have purchased the product. People don't realize how it works so they answer honestly even if irrelevantly.

amother
Jade

Post Sun, Mar 19 2023, 1:42 am
These people get an email with your question. They are unaware that Amazon sends it to all who purchased that item. I believe they think the question was sent only to them and feel obligated to reply.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Mar 19 2023, 1:45 am
amother Jade wrote:
These people get an email with your question. They are unaware that Amazon sends it to all who purchased that item. I believe they think the question was sent only to them and feel obligated to reply.

Im not sure of that.

Im a regular Amazon shopper and I NEVER once got an email asking about items I purchased.

synthy

Post Sun, Mar 19 2023, 1:49 am
Because they are bored and don’t understand how these things work. I’ve gotten emails asking if I can answer a question, maybe it’s a notification setting.

wifeandmore

Post Sun, Mar 19 2023, 3:00 am
They get some sort of points. The more reviews/questions you answer

amother
Puce

Post Sun, Mar 19 2023, 6:43 am
amother OP wrote:
Im not sure of that.

Im a regular Amazon shopper and I NEVER once got an email asking about items I purchased.

Previous poster is right. I have gotten such emails and when I know the answer, I do reply and Amazon posts said reply.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Mar 19 2023, 9:56 am
How is it helpful to anyone (and this happens every time I ask a question) to answer "I dont know" or "Im not sure"?

amother
Snowflake

Post Sun, Mar 19 2023, 10:00 am
I always imagine that those replies are written by 80 year olds who aren’t sure how computers and the internet work. Although my own grandparents are actually very adept at using the computer.

Pp are correct, Amazon sends out emails and if you reply then your answer will post. So some customers think they’re being asked personally and feel the need to tell you they don’t know.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics