Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling -> Seminary Info
Seminary in Israel

amother
OP

Post Sun, Mar 19 2023, 7:02 am
DD wants to go to Israel for seminary and I agree that she should, but DH is against the idea because he thinks Isreal is unsafe , anyone have any arguments that may convince him?

amother
Phlox

Post Sun, Mar 19 2023, 7:09 am
What's this really about? Is she your oldest? First to leave the nest?

I'm sure he knows plenty of kids who have gone to seminary and are just fine.

No one can guarantee you anything in life, of course. But there's no guarantee that she's safer where you live.

Elfrida

Post Sun, Mar 19 2023, 7:55 am
I don't think arguments will necessarily convince him. It sounds like an emotional reaction, not a logical one. He needs to accept that Israel has different risks to America, but he can't guarantee her safety, wherever she is.

LovesHashem

Post Sun, Mar 19 2023, 8:42 am
Elfrida wrote:
I don't think arguments will necessarily convince him. It sounds like an emotional reaction, not a logical one. He needs to accept that Israel has different risks to America, but he can't guarantee her safety, wherever she is.

100% I posted last week about how statistically it's more likely to die in a car accident in the USA than a terror attack here.

But no one gets nervous getting into a car in the USA. It's emotional not logical.

amother
Wallflower

Post Sun, Mar 19 2023, 9:06 am
It def feels scarier to live here than in America for sure
My opinion

Iymnok

Post Sun, Mar 19 2023, 9:37 am
amother Wallflower wrote:
It def feels scarier to live here than in America for sure
My opinion

And my opinion is exactly the opposite.

dena613

Post Sun, Mar 19 2023, 10:25 am
LovesHashem wrote:
100% I posted last week about how statistically it's more likely to die in a car accident in the USA than a terror attack here.

But no one gets nervous getting into a car in the USA. It's emotional not logical.

Is it more likely to die of a car accident in Israel than in ny/nj? I wouldn't be surprised. going to look it up.

But it really does not matter.

LovesHashem

Post Sun, Mar 19 2023, 10:36 am
dena613 wrote:

Is it more likely to die of a car accident in Israel than in ny/nj? I wouldn't be surprised. going to look it up.

Nope. Israeli is 4.2 per 100,000 and the USA is 12.4 per 100,000.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wik....._rate

Alternative

Post Sun, Mar 19 2023, 11:10 am
dena613 wrote:

What Loveshashem said. Three times more car fatalities in the US per person.
I posted this last week - people in Israel live on average 5 years more than Americans. So which country is more unsafe?
It is psychological though. That’s the whole point of terror, to sow fear.

amother
Natural

Post Sun, Mar 19 2023, 1:24 pm
everything is from Hashem. if Hashem wants someone to die they will die no matter what country they are in. you just need to have real emunah and bitachon and just know every single thing is decreed from Hashem, and you have to realize its not logical to be scared of going to Eretz Yisrael- the place where Hashem obviously wants us to be!

amother
Pearl

Post Sun, Mar 19 2023, 1:28 pm
*IsrAEL is safe. IsrEAL is frightening

amother
Snowflake

Post Sun, Mar 19 2023, 1:30 pm
LovesHashem wrote:
Nope. Israeli is 4.2 per 100,000 and the USA is 12.4 per 100,000.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wik....._rate

Right, but that’s the whole country. So it’s a composite average. So she was wondering specifically about ny/nj which has a ton of traffic accidents- likely more than say Nebraska.

In any case, the US is the size of a good portion of the European continent, and Israel is the size of one of our smaller states. Not sure how anything is comparable.

LovesHashem

Post Tue, Mar 21 2023, 2:53 am
amother Snowflake wrote:
Right, but that’s the whole country. So it’s a composite average. So she was wondering specifically about ny/nj which has a ton of traffic accidents- likely more than say Nebraska.

In any case, the US is the size of a good portion of the European continent, and Israel is the size of one of our smaller states. Not sure how anything is comparable.

These statistics are percentage based on the size of the population. Therefore they are comparable.

Also Israel has just been ranked the 4th happiest country in the world while the USA is the 15th.

Somehow even if there's issues here, and terror attacks, overall the people here live longer and are much happier than people in the USA and most countries.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling -> Seminary Info