Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women -> Work at Home Mothers
How much would you pay? Kugel Lakewood

amother
OP

Post Sun, Mar 19 2023, 4:20 pm
Hi
I want to start making kugels from home and selling them with free delivery around the Lakewood area, how much would you pay for this? Trying to figure out what to charge
Thank you

amother
Zinnia

Post Sun, Mar 19 2023, 4:21 pm
How big? What kind of variety?

amother
OP

Post Sun, Mar 19 2023, 4:25 pm
9*13 and loaf pans
I'm thinking
Potato
Yerushalmi
Lokshen
Broccoli
To start with

amother
Hotpink

Post Sun, Mar 19 2023, 4:38 pm
Do you have a heshsher? Im doing that now and its been very difficult to get any orders bec of the no hechsher

amother
OP

Post Sun, Mar 19 2023, 4:53 pm
No, planning on getting one if it picks up bezh.

amother
Snowdrop

Post Sun, Mar 19 2023, 5:08 pm
I wouldn’t buy if no hechsher.
If yes hechsher incl delivery I’d pay up to $50 for a 9x13

momallhours

Post Sun, Mar 19 2023, 5:19 pm
amother Snowdrop wrote:

Same to all.

amother
Zinnia

Post Sun, Mar 19 2023, 6:13 pm
amother Snowdrop wrote:

I’m not sure that I would pay $50 for a kugel. That feels like a lot. Maybe $35. I could make two 9x13s for the cost of a dozen eggs, a bag of potatoes, and 2 onions. And sure I have to go to the store and whatever, but $50 feels like a lot. Definitely wouldn’t buy without a hechsher.

amother
Red

Post Sun, Mar 19 2023, 6:19 pm
I wouldn’t buy without a hechsher. It’s specifically something that a store owner should not be doing

Last edited by amother on Sun, Mar 19 2023, 6:30 pm; edited 1 time in total

amother
Cognac

Post Sun, Mar 19 2023, 6:19 pm
amother Zinnia wrote:
I’m not sure that I would pay $50 for a kugel. That feels like a lot. Maybe $35. I could make two 9x13s for the cost of a dozen eggs, a bag of potatoes, and 2 onions. And sure I have to go to the store and whatever, but $50 feels like a lot. Definitely wouldn’t buy without a hechsher.

I’m not in Lakewood but $50 is a lot to me. I’d pay $30-$40

amother
Snowflake

Post Sun, Mar 19 2023, 6:29 pm
Re: hashgacha in the house...my husband is a mashgiach and familiar with the way these things work. KCL is not the be all end all in kashrus. There are plenty of smaller hashgachos that will undertake home businesses (and do the job right by popping in unannounced, etc.). People think if KCL won't give a hashgacha on home businesses it's the end of the world. It's not. Lakewood is starting to get used to home businesses popping up and more and more people don't care to have only KCL.

amother
Snowdrop

Post Sun, Mar 19 2023, 6:32 pm
amother Snowflake wrote:
Re: hashgacha in the house...my husband is a mashgiach and familiar with the way these things work. KCL is not the be all end all in kashrus. There are plenty of smaller hashgachos that will undertake home businesses (and do the job right by popping in unannounced, etc.). People think if KCL won't give a hashgacha on home businesses it's the end of the world. It's not. Lakewood is starting to get used to home businesses popping up and more and more people don't care to have only KCL.

100%. But a reputable hechsher is a must for me. I don’t care which one

amother
Snowflake

Post Sun, Mar 19 2023, 6:38 pm
amother Snowdrop wrote:
100%. But a reputable hechsher is a must for me. I don’t care which one

My dh saif he can recommend a few reputable hechsherim if the home businesses want them. I'll have to figure out how to PM them because they're anon.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Working Women -> Work at Home Mothers