Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health -> Toilet Training
Toilet training DS pls help

amother
OP

Post Sun, Mar 19 2023, 6:10 pm
I am toilet training DS age 2 1/2.
He is perfect with peeing - he knows how to do it by himself A to Z and he does not have any accidents.
The issue is going for #2 - he keeps on having accidents. Never once did it on the toilet.

When I talk to him about it it's almost like he has no comprehension... he says he wants to make dirty but then he only goes for wet. I feel like he doesn't understand what is going on. It's almost like he doesn't realize that #2 is part of going to the bathroom.

It's possible he is scared, but he just looks clueless when he has an accident.

Any tips? I may just have to revisit when he's older, but it feels like such a shame because he's so good about peeing. He's also so sad to put his diapers back on again, instead of wearing underwear.

nelliesmellie

Post Sun, Mar 19 2023, 6:21 pm
2 1/2 is young for a boy. And the more of an issue you make it thr longer he’ll have accidents (I know this from experience…)- put it on hold and wait until he wants it

amother
Gladiolus

Post Sun, Mar 19 2023, 6:43 pm
Does he tell you when he makes dirty ?
Either in his diaper or in his underwear?

Has he ever left the room to go make?

I also think 2.5 is young but I know lots of ppl that do it then and they were fine.

I tried with my son when he was nearly 3 and was very very stressful. Put him back in diapers.
Eventually he basically did it himself with pull ups for 2 weeks. And then we changed to underwear.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Mar 19 2023, 6:47 pm
nelliesmellie wrote:
2 1/2 is young for a boy. And the more of an issue you make it thr longer he’ll have accidents (I know this from experience…)- put it on hold and wait until he wants it

He initiated it so I thought he'd be ready... but you're prob right.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Mar 19 2023, 6:48 pm
amother Gladiolus wrote:
Does he tell you when he makes dirty ?
Either in his diaper or in his underwear?

Has he ever left the room to go make?

I also think 2.5 is young but I know lots of ppl that do it then and they were fine.

I tried with my son when he was nearly 3 and was very very stressful. Put him back in diapers.
Eventually he basically did it himself with pull ups for 2 weeks. And then we changed to underwear.

This is exactly the issue - he doesn't say a word. I told him if he's scared he doesn't have to do it on the toilet but he should at least tell me. He doesn't say anything.

amother
Sienna

Post Sun, Mar 19 2023, 7:34 pm
Op can sort of relate but I’m having just the opposite. Ds says when he has to poop but pees in his underwear, and remains completely unbothered. When he’s not wearing underwear he will go by himself to the toilet to pee and poop. Kind of stuck. He will not agree to wear diapers again. I feel like just need to stick it out until it clicks 🤔
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Children's Health -> Toilet Training