Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
What age for pantyhose
Previous  1  2  3  Next

amother
OP

Post Sun, Mar 19 2023, 3:53 pm
I would be interested in the lace/petterned tights in off white/cream what company? links? and what are "ivory sheers shabbos tights". Sounds good, but what is that? Like ivory pantyhose?

amother
Mocha

Post Sun, Mar 19 2023, 4:01 pm
https://doubleheaderusa.com/sheer-dot-tights/
They have afew options.

amother
Caramel

Post Sun, Mar 19 2023, 6:00 pm
They have more options in the store, but here's to get an idea:
https://sockshoppeny.com/colle.....ights

amother
Crocus

Post Sun, Mar 19 2023, 6:05 pm
pause wrote:
Fill in a clueless amother: Why are so many of you making it a choice between knee socks and nude pantyhose? There are beautiful Shabbos'dig tights that girls can wear.

My DD wouldn't wear knee socks from age 6/7, but she has nice lace/patterned tights in whatever shade of white/off-white matches her shoes/clothes. There are even pretty tights available in cotton for the sensory kid.

My kids have no interest in tights in the heat so they wear socks as long as possible. Only chassidish kids wear those where I live. Which is fine but my kids are just not going to.

amother
Dandelion

Post Sun, Mar 19 2023, 6:12 pm
Our Rav holds that halachicly the leg doesnt need to be covered so my daughter wore nothing on her legs after the ruffled short socks looked immature on her. Regular litvish neighborhood in monsey, after age 9 the short ruffled socks looked babyish so she just went bare legged for a year or 2 with nice pretty flats, until the majority of the neighborhood wore stockings at around age 12. She wears stockings now for a more mature look. I was very weirded out by the mature stocking look on 10 year old girls

pause

Post Sun, Mar 19 2023, 7:52 pm
amother Crocus wrote:
My kids have no interest in tights in the heat so they wear socks as long as possible. Only chassidish kids wear those where I live. Which is fine but my kids are just not going to.

What's pantyhose if not another form of tights?

The bolded is the problem, and don't convince me (or yourself) otherwise.

amother
Apricot

Post Sun, Mar 19 2023, 7:57 pm
I dont know what pantyhose is!!

I always thought it was some form of lingerie here (UK) until I heard it from americans on this site.

Here we call it tights.
Either black, opaque, skin colour or even nude.

Isnt pantyhose the luxury holdups or something?

amother
Burntblack

Post Sun, Mar 19 2023, 7:58 pm
pause wrote:

It's true and totally understandable that someone non chassidish wouldn't want to put that on their kid

pause

Post Sun, Mar 19 2023, 8:03 pm
amother Burntblack wrote:
It's true and totally understandable that someone non chassidish wouldn't want to put that on their kid

So be honest about it.
I asked a question back on the previous page about why so many posters are making it a choice between socks and nude pantyhose, when there are nice age-appropriate tights available. If the answer is because those kind of tights are viewed as "chassidish" (why the heck?!), go ahead and say that. But to say it's because of the heat? That's disingenuous.

amother
Feverfew

Post Sun, Mar 19 2023, 8:12 pm
pause wrote:
Fill in a clueless amother: Why are so many of you making it a choice between knee socks and nude pantyhose? There are beautiful Shabbos'dig tights that girls can wear.

My DD wouldn't wear knee socks from age 6/7, but she has nice lace/patterned tights in whatever shade of white/off-white matches her shoes/clothes. There are even pretty tights available in cotton for the sensory kid.

My girls don’t like tights. They’ll wear knee socks or knee his but not tights.

amother
Crocus

Post Sun, Mar 19 2023, 8:14 pm
pause wrote:

Kids here don’t wear pantyhose under 12/13. You asked why socks or pantyhose are the only options. So I explained tights are not a thing and pantyhose starts at a certain age. I don’t understand what’s the issue with what I said.

amother
Crocus

Post Sun, Mar 19 2023, 8:15 pm
pause wrote:
So be honest about it.
I asked a question back on the previous page about why so many posters are making it a choice between socks and nude pantyhose, when there are nice age-appropriate tights available. If the answer is because those kind of tights are viewed as "chassidish" (why the heck?!), go ahead and say that. But to say it's because of the heat? That's disingenuous.

No it’s the heat. You said kids wear it so I said only chassidim who hold they must, do in my area. It wasn’t offensive and didn’t need to be read that way. Number one reason it’s just too hot and my kids wear knee socks as long as possible.

amother
Crocus

Post Sun, Mar 19 2023, 8:16 pm
amother Apricot wrote:
I dont know what pantyhose is!!

I always thought it was some form of lingerie here (UK) until I heard it from americans on this site.

Here we call it tights.
Either black, opaque, skin colour or even nude.

Isnt pantyhose the luxury holdups or something?

It’s the thin nude stockings, we call the thick ones tights.

pause

Post Sun, Mar 19 2023, 8:18 pm
amother Crocus wrote:
No it’s the heat. You said kids wear it so I said only chassidim who hold they must, do in my area. It wasn’t offensive and didn’t need to be read that way. Number one reason it’s just too hot and my kids wear knee socks as long as possible.

The tights I'm talking about aren't thicker than panythose. Just saying.

amother
Crocus

Post Sun, Mar 19 2023, 8:21 pm
pause wrote:
The tights I'm talking about aren't thicker than panythose. Just saying.

Right but little kids don’t wear either, so it doesn’t matter which style it is. They only wear knee socks.

pause

Post Sun, Mar 19 2023, 8:24 pm
amother Crocus wrote:
Right but little kids don’t wear either, so it doesn’t matter which style it is. They only wear knee socks.

We're not talking about little kids. We're talking about the 8-11 y.o.'s who, in some circles, can no longer wear knee socks.

amother
Crocus

Post Sun, Mar 19 2023, 8:30 pm
pause wrote:
We're not talking about little kids. We're talking about the 8-11 y.o.'s who, in some circles, can no longer wear knee socks.

Not sure why we are going in circles. Under 12 in my area only wear knee socks no tights in the hot weather. It’s just not a thing.

amother
Apricot

Post Sun, Mar 19 2023, 8:32 pm
I get what pause is saying.

It could be your comment about 'only chassidish kids wear those' came across a little bit negative.

amother
Anemone

Post Sun, Mar 19 2023, 8:35 pm
cuffs wrote:
So devastating that in our community we s*xualize a 10 yr old girl

Pantyhose are not s-xual, no matter what the p*rn industry wants you to think.
To this day, they are a modest piece of attire. They are considered more appropriate for professionals and court appearances etc instead of bare legs.

amother
Mocha

Post Sun, Mar 19 2023, 8:36 pm
amother Crocus wrote:

I live in a non chassidish development and this is what the older girls wear on shabbos. Sheer Ivory tights with or without a design. Many people call pantyhose tights.
Page 2 of 3 Previous  1  2  3  Next Recent Topics