Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children
S/o Making it Work

SG18

Post Mon, Mar 20 2023, 6:01 am
When's a time that you or your kid got dirty before/during something important, and you just had to make it work?

I'll go first- my 9 month old vomited all over me during a family member's chuppah. We were a 45 minute drive from home. I went to the bathroom, wiped it off with wipes and paper towel as best I could, and stayed the rest of the wedding with darker gray splotches all over my dress.
(Dress was ruined. I tried washing it when I got home, but it was too late to save)

theoneandonly

Post Mon, Mar 20 2023, 6:20 am
Ds threw up on me in the taxi on the way to the airport before an international flight. I had a change of clothes for him in my carryon but couldn't dig a change of clothes for myself out of my suitcase. I cleaned off as best I could in the airport bathroom and then sat for the 11 hour flight stinking like vomit. Was not fun.

Chayalle

Post Mon, Mar 20 2023, 6:22 am
At my brother's Bar Mitzvah, someone spilled a bowl of soup all over the skirt of my grey satin dress. (It did come out in the cleaners). I was mortified and hid in the kitchen for the rest of the Bar Mitzvah. Be kind, I was a sensitive teenager.

amother
Goldenrod

Post Mon, Mar 20 2023, 6:23 am
My first day of a new job where I brought my then baby with me she threw up in the car on the way there. I quickly cleaned her carseat with wipes, and changed her into the spare outfit I had with me and walked in only 2 min late

theoneandonly

Post Mon, Mar 20 2023, 6:26 am
Another one: took the kids to an older kid's school performance. In the parking lot of the auditorium, baby ds spit up all over himself. I didn't have a change of clothes (he wasn't a spit upper in general) and I didn't have time to go home to get a change of clothes because the performance was about to start. I stripped him naked and he wore just a diaper to the performance. BH it was a hot summer day so he was fine.

amother
Aqua

Post Mon, Mar 20 2023, 7:19 am
On the first night of a three day yom tov, my toddler threw up in bed and had it all over his hair.

giftedmom

Post Mon, Mar 20 2023, 7:21 am
amother Aqua wrote:
On the first night of a three day yom tov, my toddler threw up in bed and had it all over his hair.

I think halachically you can bathe in such a situation

giftedmom

Post Mon, Mar 20 2023, 7:22 am
Once had a toddler throw up in the airport and was just in a diaper the whole flight. Since then I always take two changes of clothes for each kid in the carry on. And leave it there during the trip for the flight home.

hodeez

Post Mon, Mar 20 2023, 7:47 am
At my son's upsherin my younger son threw up, projectile, all over me. The shul was right next to my house so I got to go home and do a quick wardrobe change bh

tichellady

Post Mon, Mar 20 2023, 8:18 am
I was at a family simcha and wearing a white dress and had a nose bleed. it was terrible and I could not change

amother
Saddlebrown

Post Mon, Mar 20 2023, 8:54 am
Family simcha, dd threw up all over the floor, with some on her dress and some on mine. I walked over 10 minutes back to where we were staying to change us both. And even after changing us both, I still felt like we smelt of vomit.

amother
Chambray

Post Mon, Mar 20 2023, 9:13 am
While our flight was landing, ds5mo had a diaper explosion. BH it didn’t get on me but I also didn’t want to keep the flight attendants waiting for us to dig out back up outfit and everything so I kept him in just the new diaper and wrapped him to me. My mother was thrilled to be handed her naked grandson while we went back in and waited for luggage

amother
Chocolate

Post Mon, Mar 20 2023, 9:16 am
My in-laws say that their boys had a tendency to get black eyes right before family photos lol. I think they did some cover up makeup perhaps?

BrisketBoss

Post Mon, Mar 20 2023, 9:17 am
amother Chambray wrote:
While our flight was landing, ds5mo had a diaper explosion. BH it didn’t get on me but I also didn’t want to keep the flight attendants waiting for us to dig out back up outfit and everything so I kept him in just the new diaper and wrapped him to me. My mother was thrilled to be handed her naked grandson while we went back in and waited for luggage

Haha I have also been there with the naked kid after a flight.

SuperWify

Post Mon, Mar 20 2023, 11:04 am
Worst wardrobe malfunction for me:

When I was a teen by my cousins wedding a women dig her heel into my skirt and ripped the whole outer mesh layer. She just walked off oblivious. It wasn’t even my skirt I borrowed it…
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics