Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries
People in lakewood shorter?
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Thu, Mar 16 2023, 11:21 pm
So random but I was in lakewood and noticed that people there are shorter especially the men? I've also heard comments about this. Has anyone else noticed this or totally not true? Thoughts?

amother
Topaz

Post Thu, Mar 16 2023, 11:23 pm
So being that almost all the men weren't actually born in lakewood that can't be true.... Jews in general are shorter. But this is funny. I don't find the men are shorter than brooklyn. I see plenty of men over 6 feet.

amother
Topaz

Post Thu, Mar 16 2023, 11:26 pm
What I found interesting is that Cleveland people all have brown hair, Detroit people all have blonde hair and Houston people have more girls than boys per family.

amother
Seashell

Post Thu, Mar 16 2023, 11:28 pm
Huh? Is this serious?

Java

Post Thu, Mar 16 2023, 11:37 pm
Must be something in the water

amother
OP

Post Thu, Mar 16 2023, 11:41 pm
Yes being serious! And haha I know the water comment was meant to be a joke.. but really had this thought and the water does taste different..? 😂

amother
Royalblue

Post Thu, Mar 16 2023, 11:47 pm
amother OP wrote:
So random but I was in lakewood and noticed that people there are shorter especially the men? I've also heard comments about this. Has anyone else noticed this or totally not true? Thoughts?

Ethnic & Racial groups have their individual height potentials. Mexicans are short, Africans are tall, etc.

But it's also important to note that sitting indoors all day, with no exercise and limited sun exposure, will impact a person's ability to reach their individual height potential. Both sun and exercise are important for growth.

Java

Post Thu, Mar 16 2023, 11:47 pm
amother OP wrote:
Yes being serious! And haha I know the water comment was meant to be a joke.. but really had this thought and the water does taste different..? 😂

New Jersey is so full of pollution lol

fig

Post Thu, Mar 16 2023, 11:56 pm
Boys in Lakewood generally wear hats and jackets outside from when they’re 13. They’re all missing vitamin D. Look at the more “with it” yeshivos where the boys wear T-shirt’s in the summer and don’t walk around with hats. They are way taller.

amother
Royalblue

Post Fri, Mar 17 2023, 12:02 am
fig wrote:
Boys in Lakewood generally wear hats and jackets outside from when they’re 13. They’re all missing vitamin D. Look at the more “with it” yeshivos where the boys wear T-shirt’s in the summer and don’t walk around with hats. They are way taller.

I don't if they're 'way' taller, but yeah, they're generally taller (when comparing populations).

It is during this crucial puberty stage where these boys cover up fully, and spend the majority of their day indoors. They also reduce their active activities - less ball playing, bike riding, etc. This impacts their growth.

amother
Slategray

Post Mon, Mar 20 2023, 6:12 am
I live in lakewood and I’m short but I used to live in queens. I once heard that many people are short in Queens because they live near the airport. I doubt that’s true.

amother
Hyssop

Post Mon, Mar 20 2023, 6:21 am
No idea about Lakewood, but the shidduch system creates extremes. If you pair off young couples in part by height, then you're more likely to have two parents who are very short or very tall. Couples who meet on their own won't have eliminated possible partners by height alone, so there will be more variation.

Yes, I know of couples who were matched up where there's a large height difference, or they are exactly the same height, or she's taller. I'm generalizing.

amother
Purple

Post Mon, Mar 20 2023, 7:30 am
fig wrote:

My husband was in a coed school and is short
My brother is as yeshivish as they come and is six feet tall

amother
Coffee

Post Mon, Mar 20 2023, 7:34 am
Jews in general are short. In general though, it has more to do with genetics than location. My husband is tall, my father is tall, my son currently looks like he will be tall. My son in law’s father is short, and he is taller than his father, but shorter than my family. Not sure why we’re blaming it on anything else.

amother
Coffee

Post Mon, Mar 20 2023, 7:35 am
amother Slategray wrote:
I live in lakewood and I’m short but I used to live in queens. I once heard that many people are short in Queens because they live near the airport. I doubt that’s true.

My mother is from Queens. She’s 5’7” and both her brothers are over 6’.

amother
Coffee

Post Mon, Mar 20 2023, 7:36 am
fig wrote:

People in northern states are all deficient in Vitamin D.

amother
Offwhite

Post Mon, Mar 20 2023, 7:38 am
amother Topaz wrote:
What I found interesting is that Cleveland people all have brown hair, Detroit people all have blonde hair and Houston people have more girls than boys per family.

Is that true about Houston, I don't know anyone from there, maybe I should have lived there I want more girls LOL

amother
Oak

Post Mon, Mar 20 2023, 11:55 am
Lifestyle factors especially of yeshiva life can contribute to malnutrition.

amother
Slategray

Post Mon, Mar 20 2023, 12:01 pm
amother Oak wrote:
Lifestyle factors especially of yeshiva life can contribute to malnutrition.

Oh please… this is not the early 1900’s

amother
Oak

Post Mon, Mar 20 2023, 12:05 pm
amother Slategray wrote:
Oh please… this is not the early 1900’s

Its the 2000's check the science. Sedentary, indoors + yeshiva menu 3x day x 6 days a week.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries