Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children
Foods that help with growth
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Mon, Mar 20 2023, 11:47 am
There’s a shortage of HGH apparently so my son can’t get the meds he needs. I ordered some natural supplements from the health food store in the meantime. I also want to know what foods I can give him to boost his growth. He’s not the best eater but he does love eggs in all forms and will eat marrow bones anytime. Meat or chicken he will eat in limited quantities. He also likes tomatoes and cucumbers, fruits like mango and grapes. Other than that it’s cereal or grilled cheese. What should I be focusing on?

amother
Feverfew

Post Mon, Mar 20 2023, 12:35 pm
amother OP wrote:
There’s a shortage of HGH apparently so my son can’t get the meds he needs. I ordered some natural supplements from the health food store in the meantime. I also want to know what foods I can give him to boost his growth. He’s not the best eater but he does love eggs in all forms and will eat marrow bones anytime. Meat or chicken he will eat in limited quantities. He also likes tomatoes and cucumbers, fruits like mango and grapes. Other than that it’s cereal or grilled cheese. What should I be focusing on?

what supplements are you giving him?

amother
Denim

Post Mon, Mar 20 2023, 12:37 pm
Protein is great,
Supplementing with zinc is also helpful

amother
OP

Post Mon, Mar 20 2023, 12:44 pm
amother Feverfew wrote:
what supplements are you giving him?

Siberian adaptogens so far. And the lady who makes them said she has something stronger for me just need a way to get it from Monsey.

amother
Feverfew

Post Mon, Mar 20 2023, 1:05 pm
amother OP wrote:
Siberian adaptogens so far. And the lady who makes them said she has something stronger for me just need a way to get it from Monsey.

what is stronger?

amother
Feverfew

Post Mon, Mar 20 2023, 1:06 pm
amother OP wrote:

do you mean siberian ginseng?

amother
Feverfew

Post Mon, Mar 20 2023, 1:08 pm
amother OP wrote:

I googled and nothing came up for increasing height?

amother
OP

Post Mon, Mar 20 2023, 1:50 pm
amother Feverfew wrote:
what is stronger?

She says she makes a tea and drops that are more potent than the drops sold in stores

amother
OP

Post Mon, Mar 20 2023, 1:50 pm
amother Feverfew wrote:
do you mean siberian ginseng?

That is one of the ingredients

amother
OP

Post Mon, Mar 20 2023, 1:51 pm
amother Feverfew wrote:
I googled and nothing came up for increasing height?

I googled last time I tried it and apparently it helps with anything adrenal. Athletes use it etc.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Mar 20 2023, 1:54 pm
From Google:

How Do Adaptogens Work?
Researchers say adaptogenic herbs interact with the hypothalamic-pituitary-adrenal (HPA) axis, which is a complex system of glands, hormones and receptors in the human body. The HPA axis is central to the body’s homeostasis, stress responses and energy metabolism.

When we consume adaptogens, their organic properties and compounds work with the HPA axis to help balance our systems. If there’s too much of one hormone, for instance, the adaptogens help to lower it. On the flip side, if there isn’t enough of a hormone, adaptogens can help replenish its levels.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Mar 20 2023, 1:55 pm
I actually also asked her which foods are good and she said animal proteins and fat.
So looks like we’ll be doing lots of butter, eggs, and marrow bones since that’s what I know he’ll eat.

amother
Feverfew

Post Mon, Mar 20 2023, 2:15 pm
amother OP wrote:
That is one of the ingredients

can you send me a link of siberian adaptogens?

amother
Feverfew

Post Mon, Mar 20 2023, 2:17 pm
amother OP wrote:
From Google:

How Do Adaptogens Work?
Researchers say adaptogenic herbs interact with the hypothalamic-pituitary-adrenal (HPA) axis, which is a complex system of glands, hormones and receptors in the human body. The HPA axis is central to the body’s homeostasis, stress responses and energy metabolism.

When we consume adaptogens, their organic properties and compounds work with the HPA axis to help balance our systems. If there’s too much of one hormone, for instance, the adaptogens help to lower it. On the flip side, if there isn’t enough of a hormone, adaptogens can help replenish its levels.

if there is no deficiency can there be a harm in taking them? (yeah I know dont take if you dont need them)

amother
Darkblue

Post Mon, Mar 20 2023, 2:18 pm
You should add some rice and beans, because when they are eaten together, you will be getting a full protein.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Mar 20 2023, 2:23 pm
amother Feverfew wrote:
can you send me a link of siberian adaptogens?

I haven’t seen them online. I got them at my local health food store.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Mar 20 2023, 2:23 pm
amother Feverfew wrote:
if there is no deficiency can there be a harm in taking them? (yeah I know dont take if you dont need them)

I don’t think so. They’re natural. But I’m not sure they’ll increase height either as they’re meant to balance hormone levels.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Mar 20 2023, 2:25 pm
amother Darkblue wrote:
You should add some rice and beans, because when they are eaten together, you will be getting a full protein.

A full protein? How so? Anyway he won’t eat rice and beans. She said most of his diet should consist of animal protein and fat as opposed to starchy sides. Not like he eats starchy sides aside from pasta.

amother
Lotus

Post Mon, Mar 20 2023, 2:26 pm
Keep blood sugar stable. Insulin has a negative correlation with growth hormone.

Good quality sleep. Address airway issues if he's a mouth breather/if there's apnea.

Exercise.

Craniosacaral therapy and or chiropractic

Address any sources of inflammation such as chronic infections, mold, allergies, sensitivities etc

Electrolytes and whole food vit c is also very important for the adrenals.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Mar 20 2023, 2:29 pm
amother Lotus wrote:
Keep blood sugar stable. Insulin has a negative correlation with growth hormone.

Good quality sleep. Address airway issues if he's a mouth breather/if there's apnea.

Exercise.

Craniosacaral therapy and or chiropractic

Address any sources of inflammation such as chronic infections, mold, allergies, sensitivities etc

Electrolytes and whole food vit c is also very important for the adrenals.

How do I keep blood sugar stable except for giving lots of fat? Maybe that’s why she recommended it.
He sleeps plenty, actually the most of all my kids.
Hard to get exercise in the winter but with spring and summer hopefully he’ll be getting more.
Bh he’s a healthy child otherwise.
What are some ideas for vitamin C besides oranges? He won’t drink juice.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics