Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
Attention oot parents

amother
OP

Post Mon, Mar 20 2023, 2:17 pm
I am posting this PSA. It’s especially applicable in places that have one Jewish school. Someone close to me is going through horrific bullying at school with her daughter. Not only is she being physically attacked, the class bands together and just laugh at her and mock her all day. She is falling apart. The parents have no options, there is one class in one school. They are contemplating uprooting their family and leaving. This is a family that has always lived in a small town. They are living in this one for a few years. It is so unacceptable I am appalled that kids aren’t being taught better. If you live in such a community please speak to your children about bullying. This needs to stop.

amother
Lightpink

Post Mon, Mar 20 2023, 3:50 pm
While I love a lot of things about OOT life, having only one or two frum schools can be a big problem. At least my community has two, and for that BH.

I'm really sorry to hear about your friend's daughter.

amother
Yellow

Post Mon, Mar 20 2023, 4:13 pm
amother OP wrote:
I am posting this PSA. It’s especially applicable in places that have one Jewish school. Someone close to me is going through horrific bullying at school with her daughter. Not only is she being physically attacked, the class bands together and just laugh at her and mock her all day. She is falling apart. The parents have no options, there is one class in one school. They are contemplating uprooting their family and leaving. This is a family that has always lived in a small town. They are living in this one for a few years. It is so unacceptable I am appalled that kids aren’t being taught better. If you live in such a community please speak to your children about bullying. This needs to stop.

What does that mean, physically attacked? Hair pulling? Hitting? Kicking?

That's obviously unacceptable and if the administration is doing nothing about it then it's better to pull the child out and homeschool. In this day and age there are a number of good virtual options.

If it was just teasing and not physical aggression, the child could be taught some skills to handle bullies. But being physically attacked while adults do nothing is a big bright red line. The child is not safe in that school.

amother
Arcticblue

Post Mon, Mar 20 2023, 4:16 pm
This was me as a child oot. I still suffer from it today.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics