Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Finances
Home owner insurance claim-taking so long!

amother
OP

Post Mon, Mar 20 2023, 3:42 pm
We had a flood in our house and waiting for an estimate from our insurance company for repairs. It's been three weeks now (and over a month since the actual flood)! We have nails sticking out where the ruined carpeting was removed so we always need to wear shoes, we can't buy new carpeting because we don't know how much money the insurance will allow us (do we have to choose from remnants or can we choose from tge regular carpets)? I'm also nervous about signing with a contractor to do repairs because we don't know the amount and specifics of what's covered- but on the other hand, if we don't sign, he might be busy with another job and it's not so easy to find contractors! So now my rant is over-I would really appreciate any feedback-how long does the insurance usually take to give a quote (liberty mutual)? Does it help to try to rush them by saying how it's dangerous to walk around with the nails-or would a pressured quick quote not be as good? Thanks!

amother
Scarlet

Post Mon, Mar 20 2023, 7:35 pm
Good luck. I have a bathroom out of commission since October because we were waiting around for insurance.

amother
Violet

Post Mon, Mar 20 2023, 7:48 pm
Good luck, it's a months long process!

amother
Valerian

Post Mon, Mar 20 2023, 7:51 pm
We had a small fire and insurance was down within a couple weeks , it was Geico though. I would definitely tell them about the nails to pressure them.

amother
Charcoal

Post Mon, Mar 20 2023, 8:50 pm
I've heard that it's a good idea to hire a public adjustor to help with your claim. I don't know much more about it but maybe someone else can help.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics