Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
Need cappuccino recipe!

amother
OP

Post Mon, Mar 20 2023, 9:43 pm
I've been craving cappuccino lately. I find myself driving to the bagel store to order a cappuccino or moccacino. At 8 dollars a cup, it's breaking the bank.
I finally decided to buy an instant milk frother. It's a machine that heats and froths the milk.
But I have no idea how to make a cappuccino.
I don't have an espresso machine.
Does anyone have a recipe for me?
Thank you!

amother
OP

Post Mon, Mar 20 2023, 11:55 pm
Anyone?

estreya

Post Tue, Mar 21 2023, 12:20 am
Making a "proper" cappuccino / moccacino (or latte) normally needs a pulled espresso from a machine.

Seeing as you do not have one, you can fake it using very strong instant coffee. It, obviously, won't be the same as what you would get from a machine one but worth trying out.

The best thing would be to get something like Nespresso Gold Instant or a different brand of instant espresso powder. You would then have to experiment with the coffee to water ratio (in addition to the milk) to find something you like. We use the instant on Shabbat just for strong coffee and it is quite decent.

It is very expensive buying them on a regular basis and adds up to a lot of $$ over time.

I have an espresso machine -- so for a latte (mostly milk), I use about 3 oz of espresso to 5 to 7 oz of milk frothed up lightly.

A cappuccino has a lot less milk and much more foam. Probably about 5 to 7 ounces strong coffee and 1 to 2 oz hot milk and then add foam to your liking. You will need to experiment depending on size of coffee and strength you like. For the moccaccinos, they usually add chocolate syrup.

Anyway, don't know if that helps or not.

amother
Whitewash

Post Tue, Mar 21 2023, 12:56 am
One bottle red milk
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 tsp vanilla sugar
3 t. Chocolate syrup
3 Tb. Coffee dissolved in 1/4 cup hot water

amother
OP

Post Tue, Mar 21 2023, 12:59 am
estreya wrote:
Making a "proper" cappuccino / moccacino (or latte) normally needs a pulled espresso from a machine.

Seeing as you do not have one, you can fake it using very strong instant coffee. It, obviously, won't be the same as what you would get from a machine one but worth trying out.

The best thing would be to get something like Nespresso Gold Instant or a different brand of instant espresso powder. You would then have to experiment with the coffee to water ratio (in addition to the milk) to find something you like. We use the instant on Shabbat just for strong coffee and it is quite decent.

It is very expensive buying them on a regular basis and adds up to a lot of $$ over time.

I have an espresso machine -- so for a latte (mostly milk), I use about 3 oz of espresso to 5 to 7 oz of milk frothed up lightly.

A cappuccino has a lot less milk and much more foam. Probably about 5 to 7 ounces strong coffee and 1 to 2 oz hot milk and then add foam to your liking. You will need to experiment depending on size of coffee and strength you like. For the moccaccinos, they usually add chocolate syrup.

Anyway, don't know if that helps or not.

Yes it does!
What type of chocolate syrup do they use? The regular type I use for the kids chocolate milk or is it something different?

amother
OP

Post Tue, Mar 21 2023, 1:05 am
Also. (I'm new to coffee drinking). I looked at espresso machines on Amazon. Most are between 100 and 200. But you can also get for under $50. What is the difference between them?
I'm thinking if I get the espresso machine, I don't need the frother, because it would be redundant?

This one is under $50
SOWTECH Espresso Coffee Machine Cappuccino Latte Maker 3.5 Bar 1-4 Cup with Steam Milk Frother Black https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0B5.....ss_tl
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics