Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children
Foods that help with growth
Previous  1  2

amother
Denim

Post Mon, Mar 20 2023, 2:32 pm
Protein throughout the day balances blood sugar
He should snack on nuts or drink protein shake

amother
OP

Post Mon, Mar 20 2023, 2:53 pm
amother Denim wrote:
Protein throughout the day balances blood sugar
He should snack on nuts or drink protein shake

Well he’s in cheder most of the day so I have no control over what he eats but he does eat protein by breakfast and lunch. He doesn’t like nuts and protein shakes are more sugar than anything else.

amother
Feverfew

Post Mon, Mar 20 2023, 5:23 pm
amother OP wrote:
From Google:

How Do Adaptogens Work?
Researchers say adaptogenic herbs interact with the hypothalamic-pituitary-adrenal (HPA) axis, which is a complex system of glands, hormones and receptors in the human body. The HPA axis is central to the body’s homeostasis, stress responses and energy metabolism.

When we consume adaptogens, their organic properties and compounds work with the HPA axis to help balance our systems. If there’s too much of one hormone, for instance, the adaptogens help to lower it. On the flip side, if there isn’t enough of a hormone, adaptogens can help replenish its levels.

but if the hpa axis is ok and the gh deficiency is idiopathic - many times there are no known causes for it, then will these herbs work?

#BestBubby

Post Mon, Mar 20 2023, 5:46 pm
High impact exercise like running and jumping.

amother
Lotus

Post Mon, Mar 20 2023, 5:46 pm
amother Feverfew wrote:
but if the hpa axis is ok and the gh deficiency is idiopathic - many times there are no known causes for it, then will these herbs work?
Idiopathic doesn't mean there isn't a cause, just that the testing isn't sensitive enough to find it. The hpa axis is so complex, and a gh deficiency is by definition something wrong with the hpa axis. The only time someone would be able to say for sure it wouldn't work is if they know they have a genetic mutation in the gene that codes for gh and their cells are literally unable to produce it. Then the only solution is supplemental gh. Every other case even if termed idiopathic is upstream from there and can theoretically be helped via other pathways, ie supporting the adrenals et al.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Mar 20 2023, 6:09 pm
amother Feverfew wrote:

Idiopathic means they don’t know the cause. How would they know if the HPA axis is ok? Honestly I don’t know maybe you should speak to the lady who makes them.

amother
Heather

Post Tue, Mar 21 2023, 7:24 am
Besides butter, use shmaltz in your cooking. It's literally animal fat. At one point my DS was shmearing it on his bread instead of butter.

amother
Bronze

Post Tue, Mar 21 2023, 7:32 am
Calories. As many as he can get with not too many of them being empty calories.

amother
Sienna

Post Tue, Mar 21 2023, 7:42 am
How about healthy smoothies made with good fats
Add avocado, hemp hearts, nut butters
It’s easy to take in calories and more fat in liquid form

amother
Darkblue

Post Tue, Mar 21 2023, 7:57 am
amother OP wrote:
A full protein? How so? Anyway he won’t eat rice and beans. She said most of his diet should consist of animal protein and fat as opposed to starchy sides. Not like he eats starchy sides aside from pasta.

Because right rice and beans when eaten alone are missing some amino acids. When eaten together, they complete each other, though creating a full protein.

amother
Azalea

Post Tue, Mar 21 2023, 9:11 am
I’m surprised noone said full fat milk.
It’s the most helpful. 3 cups a day

Please keep in mind that you cannot make him grow taller than his genetic potential. But you can help him reach as close as possible to his potential height.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Mar 21 2023, 9:13 am
amother Heather wrote:
Besides butter, use shmaltz in your cooking. It's literally animal fat. At one point my DS was shmearing it on his bread instead of butter.

That’s interesting. I wonder if my kids would go for that.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Mar 21 2023, 9:15 am
amother Azalea wrote:

Please keep in mind that you cannot make him grow taller than his genetic potential. But you can help him reach as close as possible to his potential height.

Thanks we only have full fat milk at home. He failed his growth hormone test so all I want is for him to reach his genetic potential. He’s below the chart and lagging behind all my other kids.

amother
Lotus

Post Tue, Mar 21 2023, 9:19 am
amother Azalea wrote:

Conventional milk is extremely inflammatory. Not helpful for hpa axis issues.

amother
Aconite

Post Tue, Mar 21 2023, 9:20 am
Exercise
If your son isn't getting, try signing him up for a class/club.
Sunshine/vitamin D

amother
Feverfew

Post Tue, May 09 2023, 10:26 am
amother OP wrote:
There’s a shortage of HGH apparently so my son can’t get the meds he needs. I ordered some natural supplements from the health food store in the meantime. I also want to know what foods I can give him to boost his growth. He’s not the best eater but he does love eggs in all forms and will eat marrow bones anytime. Meat or chicken he will eat in limited quantities. He also likes tomatoes and cucumbers, fruits like mango and grapes. Other than that it’s cereal or grilled cheese. What should I be focusing on?

can you give me the number of that lady in monsey?

can this be shipped overseas?

amother
Feverfew

Post Wed, May 10 2023, 8:30 am
amother OP wrote:
There’s a shortage of HGH apparently so my son can’t get the meds he needs. I ordered some natural supplements from the health food store in the meantime. I also want to know what foods I can give him to boost his growth. He’s not the best eater but he does love eggs in all forms and will eat marrow bones anytime. Meat or chicken he will eat in limited quantities. He also likes tomatoes and cucumbers, fruits like mango and grapes. Other than that it’s cereal or grilled cheese. What should I be focusing on?

could you give me the name and number of the health food store that sells this product?

amother
Feverfew

Post Tue, Jun 06 2023, 4:38 am
amother OP wrote:
That is one of the ingredients

I just read that siberian ginseng should not be given to kids.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics