Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Pregnancy & Childbirth -> Baby Names
Do your kids have the character traits
Previous  1  2  3  Next

amother
Babyblue

Post Sun, Feb 05 2023, 9:11 am
My kids are named for people whom I didnt know personally so I can’t say if they have similar personalities.
But in my siblings/cousins everyone named for one grandfather specifically had an extremely strong personality (really difficult and wild as kids!) but went far as adults.

amother
Mimosa

Post Sun, Feb 05 2023, 9:15 am
One of my kids is an absolute cut and paste of the ancestor for whom he is named: kind, funny, brilliant, intensely stubborn, scientist.
The others I did not know the ancestors personally.

amother
Oatmeal

Post Sun, Feb 05 2023, 9:24 am
amother Cadetblue wrote:
There is something to the name too

Dovids are often emotional
Moshes are leaders
Chavas are strong
Dinas have beauty

A not frum lady once came up to me in a mall, to ask me if my toddler’s name was Chaya. You can probably guess why 😂😭🤷🏻‍♀️.

PinkFridge

Post Sun, Feb 05 2023, 9:30 am
amother Oatmeal wrote:
A not frum lady once came up to me in a mall, to ask me if my toddler’s name was Chaya. You can probably guess why 😂😭🤷🏻‍♀️.

We need a "thanks, imamother, you just ruined my keyboard" button. Like will have to do meanwhile.

amother
Nemesia

Post Sun, Feb 05 2023, 9:42 am
we dont know much about the person my son is named after but all the kids in our family named after him are always smiling and happy and I see it in mine too. everyone who gets to know him comments on how happy he always is

tweety1

Post Sun, Feb 05 2023, 10:09 am
My grandmother despised anybody that wasn't pretty. Interestingly enough, all those that are named after her are sleeping beauties.

amother
Begonia

Post Sun, Feb 05 2023, 12:28 pm
My two girls, each named after specific people from tanach absolutely embody the prominent middos of those very different women.

It’s amazing. And BH we named them after these women in hopes that they’d have these middos.

Interestingly, I also see some of those holy women’s specific less desirable traits in each of the girls also!

amother
Anemone

Post Sun, Feb 05 2023, 12:34 pm
All of my kids and most of my siblings are named after people I didn’t personally know. My brother who I knew the grandfather who he’s named after is really similar to him in nature.
There’s one grandmother who I refuse to name after because of reasons like this. She was angry, bitter, jealous and hateful all the time.

amother
Blue

Post Tue, Mar 21 2023, 9:33 am
I think so, 3 of my kids are named after people and it's interesting to see. My oldest is named someone who was very outgoing and was known for his boisterous personality. My son is very much that way as well, funny, loud, a real performer.
My daughter is named for my grandmother and seems to have a lot of her personality traits too- very discerning, organized, particular..
My youngest is named for both of my husband's grandfathers and I don't know as much because I never met them... also, it's hard to say when they're named for 2 people. My one child who is not named after anyone is named for the parsha he was born on (Pinchas) and he is kind of intense, so I see similarities there too... doesn't do well when pushed. He's generally very relaxed but if you rub him the wrong way he can be quite fiery. And he loves to learn and has a side that seems very spiritual. I definitely believe that your name has kochos and it's very interesting to see.

tweety1

Post Tue, Mar 21 2023, 9:52 am
My dd is named after a grandmother who was a wonderful person. The only thing, she had a thing for pretty people. When a grandson got engaged she judged the kallah by how pretty or not she is. All the kids that are named after her are Kah gorgeous! One by one.
The boys named after my grandfather are all very shrewd. I dont know if my grandfather was shrewd or not because he was very reserved and never spoke much.
Another grandmother of mine was very meticulous, extremely clean. Those girls who are named after her are the exact same way.
Only these 3 I found. The rest not at all.

amother
Oleander

Post Tue, Mar 21 2023, 10:48 am
What about if anyone is named after 2 people, does anyone see any similarities to the people with this names?

out-of-towner

Post Tue, Mar 21 2023, 10:54 am
DH and I definitely see character traits of the people that our kids are named after in them. Or the names themselves. My Zissel has a very sweet, smiling demeanor. Another daughter is extremely gentle like one of her namesakes. Things like that.

Chayalle

Post Tue, Mar 21 2023, 10:59 am
Really not in my family. My youngest DD is named after my MIL, but she is a carbon copy of my mother AH - looks and personality.

Middle DD is named after a great-grandmother HYD of DH's. I don't really know what she was like.
And oldest is named after one of the Imahos. So - Halevai! That's pretty great to live up to....

amother
Forestgreen

Post Tue, Mar 21 2023, 11:04 am
My first two kids have super similar characteristics to the meaning of their name so for the third and fourth we picked names that we liked what they mean and it really does correlate to their personalities!

Rubies

Post Tue, Mar 21 2023, 11:04 am
tweety1 wrote:
My grandmother despised anybody that wasn't pretty. Interestingly enough, all those that are named after her are sleeping beauties.

Do we share grandmothers? Or was this a thing in certain places back then?

LOL

Chayalle

Post Tue, Mar 21 2023, 11:11 am
amother Oatmeal wrote:

I take offense on your behalf.

amother
Caramel

Post Tue, Mar 21 2023, 11:12 am
amother Marigold wrote:
My kids do!

But

Every Aryeh I've known has been gentle...

Ha! My Aryeh isn’t! He’s fierce and wild like a lion should be!

tweety1

Post Tue, Mar 21 2023, 1:29 pm
Rubies wrote:
Do we share grandmothers? Or was this a thing in certain places back then?

LOL

Lol. I see I double posted. Writing the same thing 2x wording it differently.

Angel

Post Tue, Mar 21 2023, 1:42 pm
My son was named after my Grandfather who had no 'sitz fleish' but a genius and deep thinker at the same time.
I promised myself I will never give that name again lol, my son a carbon copy.

amother
Sand

Post Tue, Mar 21 2023, 1:53 pm
Only with my oldest. He's named for my very beloved grandfather. He has the same quiet personality, amazing sense of humor, and strong dedication to Yiddishkeit. I am so grateful that I was zoche to have a son that bears his name, and it gives me an ongoing nechama that he shares so many similarities.
Page 2 of 3 Previous  1  2  3  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Pregnancy & Childbirth -> Baby Names