Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries
Exterminator successful with worst bedbug cases?
Previous  1  2

amother
OP

Post Tue, Mar 21 2023, 1:10 am
amother Lime wrote:
I am the poster about Cimexa and we also used Diatomaceous Earth prior to the invention of Cimexa. It does work, but not nearly as quickly and you need to use much more. With Diatomaceous Earth your house with end up looking like a dustbowl. With Cimexa you use an almost invisible dusting everywhere. NOT JUST BEDROOMS. And wait. Do NOT mop it up. And you just buy it on Amazon. It literally saved our lives. It's about $15. Read the reviews also- they give you tips and tricks how to use it best.

If you or others recall any unique tips for Cimexa use, please share.

amother
Cappuccino

Post Tue, Mar 21 2023, 10:24 am
amother OP wrote:
Do Pestco, Quality, and Five Star all mentioned above, make you get rid of all mattresses, or do these exterminators treat the mattresses and tell you to cover the treated mattresses with sealed bedbug proof covers?

Unless really bad infestation no need to get rid of mattresses. They can be treated. Also mattress covers don’t actually prevent getting bb.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Mar 21 2023, 11:32 am
amother Cappuccino wrote:
Unless really bad infestation no need to get rid of mattresses. They can be treated. Also mattress covers don’t actually prevent getting bb.

I used a "TOP" (but unsuccessful) exterminator who said he treated the mattresses so I only have to get bedbug proof covers so bedbugs cant leave or enter. I listened, but I thought that thats why I still saw a bedbug this week.

So most top exterminators say to keep the mattresses, and they treat the mattresses, and tell you to cover them? No one throws out mattresses any more?

amother
Ebony

Post Tue, Mar 21 2023, 12:32 pm
I used pestco for my bedbugs a over 10 years ago. I had a wonderful, smooth experience.
THey told me what to bag up and wash, and what is not necessary. They don't overdue it and tell you to wash every item in the whole house, if there is no sign of bedbugs other than in the bedroom. but they reeally know what they're doing.
I went to laundy mat with a bunch of big bags of laundry and stayed away for the night.
when I got back to my apartment my beds were completely taken apart, as if it was moving day. they had sprayed every joint of my bedframes, and all sides of all mattresses and box springs. After that I had to cover them with bedbug covers, and never open for at least 18 months.
they came back to respray 2 more times, but not as thoroughly.
as I wrote upthread, my building had been dealing with bedbugs for well over a year at that time. My landlord had been using a cheaper exterminator without success. When he heard how well I did, he hired Pestco for the entire building. they evaluated every apartment, treated whatever needed it, and fumigated the apartment that housed an older man that seemed to be causing it, as that one was very bad.
BH that was the end of it for good!

amother
Cappuccino

Post Tue, Mar 21 2023, 1:25 pm
amother OP wrote:
I used a "TOP" (but unsuccessful) exterminator who said he treated the mattresses so I only have to get bedbug proof covers so bedbugs cant leave or enter. I listened, but I thought that thats why I still saw a bedbug this week.

So most top exterminators say to keep the mattresses, and they treat the mattresses, and tell you to cover them? No one throws out mattresses any more?

Mattresses and bed frames are thoroughly treated. Not all recommend covers.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Mar 21 2023, 1:29 pm
amother Cappuccino wrote:

I was told that if u have the tiniest bedbug in a mattress after you treat, the good covers dont allow the old ones out and dont allow new ones in. It seems covers cant hurt.

amother
Cappuccino

Post Tue, Mar 21 2023, 1:33 pm
amother OP wrote:
I was told that if u have the tiniest bedbug in a mattress after you treat, the good covers dont allow the old ones out and dont allow new ones in. It seems covers cant hurt.

It may protect your mattress but doesn’t prevent bb at all.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries