Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Simcha Section
How to make daughters Bas Mitzvah special??

amother
OP

Post Tue, Mar 21 2023, 6:39 pm
Our eldest child has a year until her Bas Mitzvah. Her school does not allow parties. I’m wondering if I should start learning a sefer with her that we can finish by her bas mitzvah like pirkei avos?
What did you do to make your daughters bas mitzvah special for her and your family??
Would love any ideas!

OOTforlife

Post Tue, Mar 21 2023, 9:30 pm
amother OP wrote:
I’m wondering if I should start learning a sefer with her that we can finish by her bas mitzvah like pirkei avos?

Learning a sefer together sounds like a beautiful idea. Whatever you think would work well, knowing your daughter's personality and preferences.

Oldest

Post Tue, Mar 21 2023, 9:49 pm
my mother taught me how to make challah for my bas mitzvah, and I was the one mafrish.

amother
Clover

Post Tue, Mar 21 2023, 9:52 pm
We learn Halichos Bas Yisroel in preparation for the Bas Mitzvah (2 volume English set).

amother
Aubergine

Post Tue, Mar 21 2023, 10:10 pm
Mazel tov!

DD put up her first challah dough, and of course checked the eggs herself Very Happy then we went to a nearby kever of a tzadik. Visited grandparents and an elderly sweet holocaust survivor for brachos... And tzedakah!

Also Had a special family supper and she shared a nice story and torah thought.

amother
Jean

Post Thu, Mar 23 2023, 6:15 am
Trip to Israel if it's in the budget (or maybe you live there--a tiyul and weekend away with family followed by a nice dinner). Raising money for a meaningful tzedakah with a bake sale or donating babysitting/mothers helper money. Sponsoring a girls' learning night with fun snacks (popcorn bar, ice cream). Mother-daughter volunteering at food packing organization followed by manicures.

amother
Amethyst

Post Thu, Mar 23 2023, 6:21 am
My mom prepared an album where she collected mazel tov cards from friends, family worldwide, teacher... And she put them all in an album. Each one in a separate page.
It is till nice to look at it.
We also baked Challis that day and I was mafrish. And we had a nice party together as a family with some gifts.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics