Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries
Need second half summer plans for girls 13&15

amother
OP

Post Tue, Mar 21 2023, 7:18 pm
Does something exist for them? Sleep away camp is not an option. They don't want to be sweating all day working outside in a backyard daycamp. Is there no daycamp for these girls??? They work really hard in school all year and need a break. Seems like the regular daycamps have a gap for the 13 year old year and don't have staff jobs for 15 year olds for second half? I'm stuck and need ideas.

amother
Bluebonnet

Post Tue, Mar 21 2023, 7:25 pm
Want grade is the 15 year old going into? There are camps for 9-11 grade girls. There are definitely camps for the 13 year old, many options.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Mar 21 2023, 7:36 pm
Going into 8th and going into 10th. Daycamps?? Can you please give me names and numbers please?? Tysm!

keym

Post Tue, Mar 21 2023, 7:57 pm
For going into 8th, look into teen camps. There aren't many second half, but there are some.
Neema
Chadash
Maybe Campit

amother
Bluebonnet

Post Tue, Mar 21 2023, 7:59 pm
Dream it teens 6-8 grade. 347-563-4742
Ramah 6-8 grade. 732-534-2086
Camp Kochava 7-8 grade. 848-245-2972
Camp chodosh not sure exact ages but I think 8 grade. 732-735-6881

Can't find the high school info now but will let you know if I find it.

amother
Bluebonnet

Post Tue, Mar 21 2023, 8:00 pm
keym wrote:
For going into 8th, look into teen camps. There aren't many second half, but there are some.
Neema
Chadash
Maybe Campit

Neema is only first half

amother
Bluebonnet

Post Tue, Mar 21 2023, 8:01 pm
I saw many camps had ads in the bp for staff positions for high school girls. Did you call of them?

Chayalle

Post Wed, Mar 22 2023, 6:23 am
My 15 year old plans to take lifeguarding after Pesach, and hopes to get a job as a junior lifeguard after that. It's an option other than being a daycamp counselor. (she is going to camp half the summer IYH)

amother
Coral

Post Wed, Mar 22 2023, 6:34 am
My girls are the exact same ages as yours.
My problem is really my 15 year old. She refuses to go to camp this summer. She doesn’t even want to work in a day camp. She says she just doesn’t like the camp environment.
She dislikes high school with a passion. She is working so hard this year. School is not an option obviously- but camp is. I feel that I can’t force her because she desperately needs a break this summer but I have no idea what she could do. I’m fine if she only finds something for part of the time.
My 13 year old is going to sleep away camp first half. She also doesn’t have plans for second half.
My girls are asking for our family to go on a big family trip for a few weeks. Problem is my boys are going to day camp for second half. I don’t want to lose my deposit- that’s a few hundred dollars! Plus that means that I would have to entertain them every single day of vacation. We could go away for a week but not for a few weeks.
It’s almost summer and I have one daughter with no plans at all and one daughter going to camp for 4 weeks…
All suggestions welcome!

amother
Pink

Post Wed, Mar 22 2023, 6:51 am
15 yo can probably work in a daycare.

keym

Post Wed, Mar 22 2023, 7:00 am
amother Coral wrote:
My girls are the exact same ages as yours.
My problem is really my 15 year old. She refuses to go to camp this summer. She doesn’t even want to work in a day camp. She says she just doesn’t like the camp environment.
She dislikes high school with a passion. She is working so hard this year. School is not an option obviously- but camp is. I feel that I can’t force her because she desperately needs a break this summer but I have no idea what she could do. I’m fine if she only finds something for part of the time.
My 13 year old is going to sleep away camp first half. She also doesn’t have plans for second half.
My girls are asking for our family to go on a big family trip for a few weeks. Problem is my boys are going to day camp for second half. I don’t want to lose my deposit- that’s a few hundred dollars! Plus that means that I would have to entertain them every single day of vacation. We could go away for a week but not for a few weeks.
It’s almost summer and I have one daughter with no plans at all and one daughter going to camp for 4 weeks…
All suggestions welcome!

Some day camps look for teenagers to help in the office. It's more behind the scenes- prepping, stockroom type of things, but it can be fun and in a camp without needing to be directly part of the "loud camp" environment.

My daughter never went to sleep away camp. She had no interest.

We help her find jobs in 2 different types. Backyard camp one half, 3rd grade counselor in huge camp other half.

There are lots of various options that are not all the same

There are backyard camps
Big day camps
Smaller day camps
Assistant to specialty's in the big or smaller day camp- meaning not in charge of a specific group of girl but assistant in the art room or baking room
Daycares
Some camps look for "mothers helpers" for head staff's babies and toddlers
Helping in the offices of camps
Lifeguards

GLUE

Post Wed, Mar 22 2023, 12:52 pm
The year I was 16 I refused work anywhere, I just sat home the whole day and read.

Is that an option for your daughter just do nothing all day-Yes I know it's not so healthy but if your daughter does not want to do anything then is that even an option.

amother
Eggplant

Post Mon, Mar 27 2023, 3:35 am
Most special needs programs are starving for staff. It’s hard work but perhaps rewarding

newinbp

Post Tue, Mar 28 2023, 6:04 pm
Maybe the one-on-one para/p3 respite positions always being advertisied for special needs. All the agencies. She could take on as many hours as she wants, and do something else with the rest of her time. Does she want to learn how to drive a car (what age is a driving permit an option?) Do you have a grandparent that could use a special guest/companion for a week this summer. Does she want to travel and work at a travel camp they advertise those like in the Midwest/west coast and stuff. Hatzlacha raba!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries