Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Toddlers
First shoe recommendation on amazon?

amother
OP

Post Wed, Mar 22 2023, 9:07 am
looking for a good first shoe for ds. dont want to spend more than 40 but I want it to be good quality... does this even exist? LOL

Pamela

Post Wed, Mar 22 2023, 9:10 am
Please do not buy the first pair of shoes on amazon. (Or any cheap plastic shoe, but thats your decision). Your childs foot should be measured and fit by an experienced shoe fitter for the correct supportive shoe for your growing babies foot.

girlishmom

Post Wed, Mar 22 2023, 9:10 am
I like the brand old soles. The prices range but you can find for $25 if you search. You can find on Amazon and ruelala.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B09B.....ss_tl

amother
Eggplant

Post Wed, Mar 22 2023, 9:11 am
So many good brand
Naturino
Pediped
See Kai run
Geox
Camper
Bobux

amother
Fuchsia

Post Wed, Mar 22 2023, 9:14 am
Pamela wrote:
Please do not buy the first pair of shoes on amazon. (Or any cheap plastic shoe, but thats your decision). Your childs foot should be measured and fit by an experienced shoe fitter for the correct supportive shoe for your growing babies foot.

It’s not rocket science. You can download a foot chart and measure them yourself. Also there are some legit shoe brands on Amazon.

amother
Oleander

Post Wed, Mar 22 2023, 9:14 am
First pairs of shoes don't last very long, in most cases. Babies usually grow out of them quickly, around 6-8 weeks or so. The main thing is that it should be a soft shoe that provides proper support. You may be able to find something on Amazon or zappos that's on sale. Some good companies are naturino and bopy.

Highstrung

Post Wed, Mar 22 2023, 9:19 am
Pamela wrote:

I have spoken to my pediatrician years ago about this. The pediatrician disagrees. She said it doesn’t not need to be fit by a professional fitter. Parents are professional enough. You just need to make sure that the shoe is a bit higher , more like an ankle shoe and secured properly so that there is enough support. A parent can measure the foot and also feel for the toe and check the width.

mushkamothers

Post Wed, Mar 22 2023, 9:22 am
I only use robeez, or a soft leather shoe like that, and go as barefoot as possible. For best foot development... no hard soles, thick ankle support etc...

amother
Amaryllis

Post Wed, Mar 22 2023, 9:36 am
Professional fitters don’t go to college for this. You can easily learn how to fit a baby shoe yourself.
My favorite brand is see kai run

amother
Dahlia

Post Wed, Mar 22 2023, 10:14 am
following. Also what's a good slipper for toddlers that is good for their feet development? I understand that floafers really aren't great.

amother
Daisy

Post Wed, Mar 22 2023, 11:05 am
amother Dahlia wrote:
following. Also what's a good slipper for toddlers that is good for their feet development? I understand that floafers really aren't great.
I think they are pretty decent for slippers. My new walker loves it. I don’t use it much because he wears shoes outdoor and barefoot indoor.

amother
Dahlia

Post Wed, Mar 22 2023, 11:09 am
amother Daisy wrote:
I think they are pretty decent for slippers. My new walker loves it. I don’t use it much because he wears shoes outdoor and barefoot indoor.

I've heard people say that it's really bad for baby's feet, I'm not sure exactly why though.

gande

Post Wed, Mar 22 2023, 11:11 am
https://www.amazon.com/Geox-Ba.....ss_tl
Another great brand is naturino but I don’t see any cheap once’s.

amother
Daisy

Post Wed, Mar 22 2023, 11:38 am
amother Dahlia wrote:
I've heard people say that it's really bad for baby's feet, I'm not sure exactly why though.

It’s not supportive. It doesn’t replace a shoe. Or instead of barefoot. But it does hold the baby’s foot sort of like a sock.

amother
Dahlia

Post Wed, Mar 22 2023, 11:40 am
amother Daisy wrote:
It’s not supportive. It doesn’t replace a shoe. Or instead of barefoot. But it does hold the baby’s foot sort of like a sock.

I don't care about supportive. I think that idea no longer holds that shoes need to be supportive, if anything it has to be flexible to support natural growth. But I remember something about floafers not being great, maybe because in general slip ons you need to curl your toes to hold on to? I really don't know and could be I'm wrong.

lucky14

Post Thu, Mar 23 2023, 12:45 am
If you don’t care about color I saw see Kai run early walkers on Amazon for around $35.

Edit: actually I see now that they have gone back up in price 😕
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics