Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen
GE JGS760SP oven shabbos mode help

amother
OP

Post Sat, Mar 18 2023, 9:02 pm
I just purchased this oven and even with reading instructions cannot figure out how to put on shabbos mode and then a timed baking or even just a continuous bake. Can anyone help me out with step by step instructions please?? I’m desperate.

amother
Cornsilk

Post Sat, Mar 18 2023, 10:00 pm
Look at page 18 in the use and care guide. - I linked it below. has step by step instructions.
https://products.geappliances......5.pdf

amother
OP

Post Sat, Mar 18 2023, 10:16 pm
Thank you so much!!! That was super helpful. The only thing I’m unclear about is the timed bake. Since there’s no feedback I don’t know if I’m doing it right. Can you list step by step how I would do a two hour timed bake on 250?

ittsamother

Post Sat, Mar 18 2023, 10:41 pm
1. Press Bake and Broil together until the display says OFSt
2. Press 8, it says SABB
3. Press 6, it says OFF
4. Press 8, to turn it to On
5. Press 6 again to get back to the special features menu
6. Press 4 to exit that menu altogether. It is now in Shabbos mode. To set to 2 hours at 250,
A. Press Bake
B. Press 3, for 250 degrees
C. Press 6, for 2 hours
D. Press Start, to get it going.
Done! Wait a minute or so, the second bracket will appear.

To exit shabbos mode, press and hold Bake and Broil til it says OFSt. Then press 8, 6, 8, 6, and 4. (I still sometimes need to press Cancel/Off after that to get back to normal display.)

(It's basically always, B&B together, 8 6 8 6 4, then bake, the two numbers you need for the exact temp and hours, then start, and then again to exit, B&B together, 8 6 8 6 4.)

amother
OP

Post Sat, Mar 18 2023, 10:58 pm
ittsamother wrote:
2. Press 8, it says SABB
3. Press 6, it says OFF
6. Press 4 to exit that menu altogether. It is now in Shabbos mode. To set to 2 hours at 250,
A. Press Bake
C. Press 6, for 2 hours

To exit shabbos mode, press and hold Bake and Broil til it says OFSt. Then press 8, 6, 8, 6, and 4. (I still sometimes need to press Cancel/Off after that to get back to normal display.)

(It's basically always, B&B together, 8 6 8 6 4, then bake, the two numbers you need for the exact temp and hours, then start, and then again to exit, B&B together, 8 6 8 6 4.)

Wow that’s so special of you. Thank you so much for writing this out so clearly!!

ittsamother

Post Sun, Mar 19 2023, 12:34 am
My pleasure! Batting Eyelashes Hatzlacha!

amother
Thistle

Post Wed, Mar 22 2023, 10:24 am
ittsamother wrote:
2. Press 8, it says SABB
3. Press 6, it says OFF
A. Press Bake
C. Press 6, for 2 hours

When you press bake to set at 250 for 2 hours nothing is displayed during those settings- is that correct?

Also, do you know which numbers to press for 225 for 1.5 hours?

amother
Thistle

Post Wed, Mar 22 2023, 11:22 am
Does anyone know up to how many hours shabbos mode can be set for? Can it be used for Yom tov?

amother
Thistle

Post Thu, Apr 20 2023, 9:43 am
Can I set shabbos mode at 225 (or lower) to be continuous and not shut off until I turn it off?
Let’s say I want to leave it on for 2 days?

amother
OP

Post Thu, Apr 20 2023, 9:57 am
amother Thistle wrote:
Can I set shabbos mode at 225 (or lower) to be continuous and not shut off until I turn it off?
Let’s say I want to leave it on for 2 days?

Yes, that’s what I did for pesach. You just skip the time part. I think it’s bake, 3, start

amother
Thistle

Post Thu, Apr 20 2023, 10:32 am
amother OP wrote:
Yes, that’s what I did for pesach. You just skip the time part. I think it’s bake, 3, start

Thank you! How did you figure out??
I ended up panicking and buying the zman technology device but I have another oven and the zman device is very expensive.
I will try it out during the week to make sure it works. Really appreciate it!!!

amother
OP

Post Thu, Apr 20 2023, 11:23 am
amother Thistle wrote:
Thank you! How did you figure out??
I ended up panicking and buying the zman technology device but I have another oven and the zman device is very expensive.
I will try it out during the week to make sure it works. Really appreciate it!!!

I followed ittsamother’s advice on top. She posted exactly what to do. For pesach I just left out the time part and it worked perfectly.

ittsamother

Post Thu, Apr 20 2023, 8:42 pm
I'm so glad it worked out for you, OP! Sorry I missed your questions after I first posted, I just saw them now.

So cool that it can go unlimited just by leaving out the time! I had no idea. Will have to try it sometime for myself! During the week of course lol

amother
Stonewash

Post Thu, Apr 20 2023, 9:23 pm
Can you get a Shabbos plug?
Unless this is a double oven. I wonder if a Shabbos plug will work on a double oven?

amother
Thistle

Post Thu, Apr 20 2023, 9:40 pm
ittsamother wrote:
I'm so glad it worked out for you, OP! Sorry I missed your questions after I first posted, I just saw them now.

So cool that it can go unlimited just by leaving out the time! I had no idea. Will have to try it sometime for myself! During the week of course lol

So now that I learned that it can be left on continuously, I’m wondering what the difference is between the zman technology device vs continuous shabbos mode… Maybe I’ll start another thread to see if anyone can answer.

amother
OP

Post Fri, Dec 22 2023, 2:55 pm
Can anyone give me step by step of how to put oven on 200 for 6 hours? Never done that before and the oven manual doesn’t upload

lkwdlady

Post Fri, Dec 22 2023, 3:19 pm
amother OP wrote:
Can anyone give me step by step of how to put oven on 200 for 6 hours? Never done that before and the oven manual doesn’t upload

Follow itsamothers instructions above. Instead of pressing #3 for 250 degrees- press #2 for 200 degrees. For 6 hours press the lock controls button but you have to follow the instructions exactly as she typed them first. The only difference is that you will press #2 for 200 degrees and the lock controls button for 6 hours.

amother
OP

Post Fri, Dec 22 2023, 3:21 pm
lkwdlady wrote:
Follow itsamothers instructions above. Instead of pressing #3 for 250 degrees- press #2 for 200 degrees. For 6 hours press the lock controls button but you have to follow the instructions exactly as she typed them first. The only difference is that you will press #2 for 200 degrees and the lock controls button for 6 hours.

Thank you!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen