Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Really upset at the doctor

amother
OP

Post Wed, Mar 22 2023, 5:28 pm
I went to an endocrinologist 3 years ago because my daughter was off the charts. They did a basic blood test and bone age and said because her bone age is behind they aren’t worried. I begged pleaded to do more that something isn’t right. They claimed I was overreacting. They have been seeing her every 6 months. They finally did that really long test where they give something and take blood for 3 hours. Well now they called to say well turns out she’s low on growth hormones. But first she needs an MRI. She’s 12 and started puberty already. I’m just so upset at the wasted time. I begged for so long to reconsider to do the 3 hour test, to do the MRI, they claimed there was no reason to check any of it. There are no other doctors nearby and we stupidly didn’t travel an hour and a half away. Why are some doctors so incompetent. How did they mess this up so bad.

amother
Blonde

Post Wed, Mar 22 2023, 5:36 pm
We were taking ds to an endocrinologist since he was seven maybe, got all the runaround, came back every few months, did the three hour test twice, did an MRI, and finally finally got approved for growth hormone last year when he was eleven.
Just saying, another doctor wouldn't necessarily have given hormones any faster.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Mar 22 2023, 5:40 pm
The fact that it’s a widespread issue makes it even worse. That is really upsetting.

amother
Brass

Post Wed, Mar 22 2023, 5:42 pm
I'm really sorry op, you tried doing this for your child & the doctor messed up.

amother
Bottlebrush

Post Wed, Mar 22 2023, 5:46 pm
ALWAYS go for a second opinion
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics