Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Finances
How much do 18 year old counselors get paid upstate?

amother
OP

Post Wed, Mar 22 2023, 12:43 am
DD is looking into a job upstate. While the bungalow colony is responsible to feed and house the other counselors, including for Shabbos, DD will be sleeping off grounds and commuting every day so she's saving them that expense and headache. I'm told the norm is anywhere from $700 to $1000 (per half) for girls this age.

Does anyone have a DD that did this? Im curious about counselors that worked in a bungalow colony while sleeping there. How much did your DD make for a half summer?

amother
Yarrow

Post Wed, Mar 22 2023, 12:51 am
I direct a day camp upstate. I pay around $700/$750 for a regular counselor job for a girl that age

amother
OP

Post Wed, Mar 22 2023, 5:51 pm
amother Yarrow wrote:
I direct a day camp upstate. I pay around $700/$750 for a regular counselor job for a girl that age

Thank you for responding. That's for sleep-in counselors?

notshanarishona

Post Wed, Mar 22 2023, 5:54 pm
I don’t think counselors make less if they sleep in. The meals aren’t a cost to the camp, the families take turns sending.
I worked at a bungalow as a teen and in my young 20’s and remember coming out with about $1000 a half, but that was close to 20 years ago. Pretty shocking if it’s the same now.
Although, I do remember making more in tips, babysitting, etc than the actual camp.

amother
Yarrow

Post Sun, Mar 26 2023, 2:15 pm
thats for counselors that dont sleep on grounds. its true that they make alot in tips
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics