Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection
Could I be adding too much egg and veggies?

amother
OP

Post Wed, Mar 22 2023, 3:30 pm
usually I saute carrots and zuchinni and add it with 2 eggs to 1/2 lb minced beef and 1/2 lb minced chicken. the texture is a little chewy.

this week I by mistake added the same amount of veggies and egg to 1 lb beef and 1 lb chicken and it wasnt chewy at all.

is there something to it with the eggs and veg or I just didnt realise and cooked it longer than usually so it was more cooked through - I preferred this,

Amarante

Post Wed, Mar 22 2023, 3:39 pm
What are you making and what parts are chewy?

If it is the vegetables, carrots need longer to cook than zucchini.

In general you saute the veggies and then take out of the pan and add the meat and saute and then add the veggies back in so that everything is cooked to the proper degree of doneness.

Not sure where the eggs come in but since they take almost no time to cook, they are generally added last but that depends on what you are making. Omelet? Fried rice? Other dish?

amother
OP

Post Wed, Mar 22 2023, 3:41 pm
Amarante wrote:
What are you making and what parts are chewy?

If it is the vegetables, carrots need longer to cook than zucchini.

In general you saute the veggies and then take out of the pan and add the meat and saute and then add the veggies back in so that everything is cooked to the proper degree of doneness.

Not sure where the eggs come in but since they take almost no time to cook, they are generally added last but that depends on what you are making. Omelet? Fried rice? Other dish?

making minced beef and chicken adding to that theeggs and veggies - the carrots are propeerly cooked through. the meat is tough.chewy. this time with less veggies and egg it easnt but maybe I just cooked longer

Amarante

Post Wed, Mar 22 2023, 3:47 pm
I don’t think the proportions would make a change. Add the meat separately and cook to tue texture you loke. See if that helps,

Also the quality of meat might be different as the butcher could have added more or less gristle and other chewier eats f the animal. Not all minced meat is created equal. 🤷‍♀️ You could do yur own in the food processor and totally control the meat you use

amother
Cerise

Post Wed, Mar 22 2023, 3:47 pm
amother OP wrote:
usually I saute carrots and zuchinni and add it with 2 eggs to 1/2 lb minced beef and 1/2 lb minced chicken. the texture is a little chewy.

this week I by mistake added the same amount of veggies and egg to 1 lb beef and 1 lb chicken and it wasnt chewy at all.

is there something to it with the eggs and veg or I just didnt realise and cooked it longer than usually so it was more cooked through - I preferred this,

Yes 2 eggs and so many vegetables to 1 lb meat is too much.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Mar 22 2023, 3:54 pm
is it usually 1 egg to 1 lb minced?

amother
Cerise

Post Wed, Mar 22 2023, 4:03 pm
amother OP wrote:
is it usually 1 egg to 1 lb minced?

Yes and only half cup fillers.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics