Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Do you use melatonin? What age is your child?
Previous  1  2

amother
Mimosa

Post Wed, Mar 22 2023, 7:55 pm
The pediatrician was upset at us for not giving it. My toddlers were going to sleep at 10:00pm and one of them had very bad eczema and MRSA and Dr. said child NEEDS to sleep! They are still on 3 drops of melatonin.

amother
Tan

Post Wed, Mar 22 2023, 8:00 pm
amother Bergamot wrote:
This is what I thought too when my older DS was a little angel at night and always wanted to go to bed 6pm after dinner, bath and night night books.

Then I had a child with ASD. There is evidence that children who have ASD produce less melatonin than their neurotypical peers. Some doctors prescribe melatonin. My son likes it and whenever I have suggested stopping it he says he prefers having it. I know older teens with ASD and without melatonin, they don’t go to bed until 2am. Please don’t judge mothers that feel that this is the best for their DCs.

My kids are far from angels at bedtime. It could take over an hour getting them to sleep. Still isn’t a reason for me

ASD May have chemical imbalance and so for that I wouldn’t be apposed to giving it. But that’s different than the majority

amother
Navy

Post Wed, Mar 22 2023, 8:04 pm
So many kids these days have issues producing melatonin or converting serotonin into melatonin and winding down in general because of poor gut health, artifical lighting, nutrient deficiencies, excitotoxic food additives like dyes and msg, neuroinflammation, blocked methylation pathways etc. You don't need an asd diagnosis for melatonin synthesis issues.
Low mineral status will also cause a wired but tired type of setting in the brain.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics