Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Reading Room
The Beckman’s - Ami Serial
  Previous  1  2  3 5  6  7 41  42  43  Next

amother
OP

Post Mon, Mar 20 2023, 4:19 pm
amother DarkGreen wrote:
According to halacha, if someone doesn't have a will, everything automatically goes to the oldest son.

No, oldest gets double, rest goes to rest of sons.
But today most (all?) people give all children equally.
people just write a halachic will , even at a young age for just in case, to make sure the legal system and Halacha are on same page and that Halacha wasn’t broken.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Mar 20 2023, 4:21 pm
amother Poppy wrote:
Believe me, if my husband would do this, I would be far worse than Esty. Lol
No idea why she puts up with this.

Me too, OMG he would not hear the end of it.

But I wouldnt try to own /gain control of my mother in laws house, that’s disgusting how she feels entitled to decide if mom in law can mortgage the house or not.
She’s upset and she’s becoming unreasonable.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Mar 20 2023, 4:35 pm
amother Cognac wrote:
Girls don’t get anything of there is no will? What if girls are older then boys

Only The boys get, but only whatever is left over after they took care of the needs of the girls.
But if the girls are married they don’t get because their dh is responsible for them halachicly.
This is the letter of the law, but today the customary thing to do is to make sure all the children inherit equally. Some still give the oldest double/ a bit more.

amother
Daylily

Post Wed, Mar 22 2023, 8:08 pm
Wow, this week made me want to punch both Dina and Esty LOL

rainbow dash

Post Wed, Mar 22 2023, 8:10 pm
amother Daylily wrote:
Wow, this week made me want to punch both Dina and Esty LOL

Do tell

amother
Snowdrop

Post Wed, Mar 22 2023, 8:29 pm
Basically in very short Dina feels betrayed they Eli never said that parents house was remortgaged. She claims she can’t trust him anymore and demands to see a breakdown of exactly where the business money is going. She wants to be an equal partner in the business. She is worried about living in poverty then makes Eli drive her home. Eli is furious why esti opened her mouth when he told her to keep quiet. He doesn’t listen when she tries explaining how cold everyone was acting to her and that she needed to defend herself. Eli says he definitely won’t tell her anything anymore because she obvs can’t be trusted. They not on speaking terms. Mimi tried calling esti; esti doesn’t want to speak to any beckmans she is too angry. She wants to go out with her sister and texts Eli if he can babysit, he replies no because he is going to have a meeting with Dina.

amother
Daffodil

Post Wed, Mar 22 2023, 9:19 pm
This might be good. Eli and Dina will see how she is getting the largest percentage of money
(Though why she should I've no idea.. Eli is working all day and she doesn't work in the business?)
Poor esty!

amother
Babyblue

Post Thu, Mar 23 2023, 11:08 am
Can't stand Dina. Eli needs some marriage counseling. Feel really bad for Esti!
By the way who is Nechama?

amother
Offwhite

Post Thu, Mar 23 2023, 5:48 pm
It's weird. I know it's probably not a true story, and I could probably sit and read the whole book in one sitting, yet the way it's written is giving me the creeps. The anger, distrust, jealousy. It's so profound and seems made up yet I want to read the rest of the book.

amother
Taupe

Post Sun, Mar 26 2023, 12:03 am
amother Babyblue wrote:
Can't stand Dina. Eli needs some marriage counseling. Feel really bad for Esti!
By the way who is Nechama?

Nechama was the high school friend she met in the super market who's husband is a dayan that deals primarily with yerusha

brightness

Post Sun, Mar 26 2023, 12:04 am
Right! Thanks

Queen Of Hearts

Post Sun, Mar 26 2023, 12:09 am
The way everyone is bending over backwards for Dina is so disgusting and frustrating. Banging head
I pity Esti always having Dina get under her skin.
And finally when her sister is available one night she gets told no because of Dina.
The one time Dina gets the truth in her face she responds without regret or contrition. And manages to turn the table to be the victim again!

giftedmom

Post Sun, Mar 26 2023, 12:12 am
amother Offwhite wrote:
It's weird. I know it's probably not a true story, and I could probably sit and read the whole book in one sitting, yet the way it's written is giving me the creeps. The anger, distrust, jealousy. It's so profound and seems made up yet I want to read the rest of the book.

Yes. So triggering. Like you wanna yell at everyone to stop giving into dina and tell her the darn truth.

Queen Of Hearts

Post Sun, Mar 26 2023, 12:14 am
giftedmom wrote:
Yes. So triggering. Like you wanna yell at everyone to stop giving into dina and tell her the darn truth.

But, look how she reacts when told the truth!
It’s years of coddling and ‘protecting’ her from the realities of life that made her this way...

amother
Opal

Post Wed, Mar 29 2023, 9:55 pm
I’m waiting for comments on this week wondering

amother
Burlywood

Post Wed, Mar 29 2023, 10:46 pm
amother Opal wrote:
I’m waiting for comments on this week wondering

I laughed out loud after reading this week's continuation, the writer has a good sense of humor LOL

amother
Opal

Post Wed, Mar 29 2023, 10:54 pm
amother Burlywood wrote:
I laughed out loud after reading this week's continuation, the writer has a good sense of humor LOL

I agree! But poor esty whatever she tries to do hits her back in her face! Banging head

creditcards

Post Wed, Mar 29 2023, 11:06 pm
amother Opal wrote:
I agree! But poor esty whatever she tries to do hits her back in her face! Banging head

I hope this person will intervene and be able to make some shalom between them. He might be able to wake him up that his sister is acting ridiculous, like a little kid and still needs to be told what to do like little kids are.

amother
Royalblue

Post Wed, Mar 29 2023, 11:26 pm
What happened this week?

amother
Lilac

Post Sat, Apr 08 2023, 6:10 pm
Esti drives me the most crazy. She's definitely mistreated. But she goes about things totally in the wrong ways causing Eli to act defensive and not getting anywhere at all.

break into the bank account
tell spoiled Dina about the mortgage?
the dayan thing

etc.

It's just immature and stupid.

Also, keep complaining about Dina (who is obviously a problem) just makes her look like a jealous mess. She lives a perfectly normal life. She has what she needs besides her husband's presence. It doesn't sound like she has to cut down on groceries or cleaning help. She gets to be a SAHM. She just doesn't live a life of luxury.

If she let her husband realize on his own about Dina's house, things would've gone a lot better.
Page 6 of 43   Previous  1  2  3 5  6  7 41  42  43  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Reading Room